Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics problem on Compaq 610

Options
  • 30-06-2010 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, sorry if this is the wrong forum...wasn't sure if it should be in laptops or what...basically my laptop's screen has gone all wonky, the colours are all messed up. I'll post a screenshot. Any idea what could cause this? I havent tweaked any settings...it was all fine at 5pm this afternoon =/

I've tried restarting, shutting down the computer and starting it again, taking out the battery and blowing it (ok it's not a VHS but I'm desperate!) and dping a recovery...and nothing :(

33437_406165497780_511677780_4520495_1277781_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I cant really say much wrong with that? Can you attach the image as a file attachment rather than using a photo hosting service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Ah i see what the problem is here, there's a giant turtle in your display :pac:

Can't see anything wrong myself - which might indicate the screen rather than a graphics problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

The colours look ok in the screen shot can you get a biger picture and just post a link to a biger picture

Any way for a start if you have a monitor or a lcd tv with vga input connect your laptop up to it and see if it is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I posted the same pic on facebook and someone said they could see nothing wrong...oh dear it must be my screen so...any way I can fix it? =/

Ok the good thing is its not you gpu the bad thing is it looks like its going to need a screen :( but it is not as dear as geting a new motherboard

one thing i would do before geting a screen is checking the display lead in side the laptop

• Advertisement

you can also give me a call on my mobile or on my skype i can pm you my details and tell you how to test it easyier then typing

That's very kind of you, that would be great :) We have free IT support in college but I'm working 9-5 on the other side of the city so I can't see how I can avail of it :(

if you have use of an other pc im sure i can find a link that will show you if you wanted it could be just the cable not siting in all the way you will have to take the screen out to check 20 min's top's to do it and could save you a ton

Will that void my warrenty though? I can definitely use another laptop/PC at home. I'd be scared of making the problem worse :o

If the laptop is still in warrentyi would bring the laptop back and get them to sort it out

• Advertisement
Advertisement