Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Borris

Options
  • 30-06-2010 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi!
    Anyone recommend the best way of getting from Dublin to Borris by public transport? Looked it up and there doesn't seem to be a direct way! :o Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

hi

your best bet is to get the train to bagenealstown, ans then theres a community bus service called ringalink that goes from Bagenealstown to Borris, nothing direct that I know of.

ringalink.ie route 507 seems to be what you want. doesnt seem to have times on it but you can ring them either number on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

5 or 6 trains a day from Bagenalstown. At least 20 buses a day from the Royal Oak. Guess you will have to get into Bagenalstown somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

5 or 6 trains a day from Bagenalstown. At least 20 buses a day from the Royal Oak. Guess you will have to get into Bagenalstown somehow

To Borris?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

OK, thanks for that help! So it's Dublin to Bagnelstown and then Borris. And now for another question: anyone know any good accommodation in Borris? I googled the Step House(?) but was wondering was there anywhere else that wasn't coming up on Google? Thanks...again! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

fifomania wrote: »
    OK, thanks for that help! So it's Dublin to Bagnelstown and then Borris. And now for another question: anyone know any good accommodation in Borris? I googled the Step House(?) but was wondering was there anywhere else that wasn't coming up on Google? Thanks...again! :o

FYI, you'll find Bagnelstown is referred to as Muine Bheag on irishrail.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement