Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting a Air Rifle Stock from USA to Ireland

Options
  • 30-06-2010 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Basically I am wondering if it is possible to post the stock from the states to Ireland without too much trouble? My Uncle has offered me his old Air Rifle to do a bit of target shooting and I want to know if it will make it past customs because it will be arriving without any certification (Since it doesn't have a serial number). He's offered to send it in parts but it could be a huge waste of time and money. Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

You will need a firearms certificate to obtain the firearm in question or have it in your possession. This will not be possible if there is no serial number.

You will need a licence to import a firearm (or parts of a firearm). I suggest you talk you the Revenue and Customs service, as otherwise you and your uncle may be risking prosecution on illegal importation / terrorism charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

You'll end up in so much trouble you would not believe it. Posting firearms from the states is something the IRA used to do.... and you'ld probably be treated the same way under the 'Offences against the state act' if caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 SprayonCrayons

Thanks a million guys, yeah these were the responses I kind of expected and I think going the more expensive, legal route is what I'll do! I certainly DO NOT want to get into trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Leave it where it is son.

Don't destroy your adult life before it starts

Advertisement