Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannon EOS30D ERROR 99

• 30-06-2010 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have had a problem with my cannon the last few days in having this Error come up, but I dont know how it comes on. Its very annoying in the middle of a shoot and this happens and you have to take out the batt for 30 mins or a while. anyone know what I may be doing wrrong??

Cheers Guys.

Only new to the photography section so Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I think it might be a lens compatibility issue. What lense are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

oshead wrote: »
    I think it might be a lens compatibility issue. What lense are you using?

Cannon EFs 18-55mm. Works fine most of the time but I have read a little biut that this has happened to other people also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Hey, where are you based?
    I have service software for the 30D specifically that will give information on the exact error that is occuring (error 99 is a broad spectrum error that has many sub errors).
    perhaps we can work something out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Hey, where are you based?
    I have service software for the 30D specifically that will give information on the exact error that is occuring (error 99 is a broad spectrum error that has many sub errors).
    perhaps we can work something out.

aw that sounds great mate. Im based in Maynooth, kildare. Im on the road all the time so where abouts are you? that would be great, thank you very much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Error 99 is a processor error/fault. Send it to a Canon service centre to get it sorted now rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I had this before on a 40D. I was told at the time that it was an accessory compatability issue so more than likely it is either a lens or memory card issue.

Remove the lens and clean the contacts on both the lens and the camera. You can do this with a cloth and some alcohol. Not budweiser but cleaning alcohol!

If that doesn't work then use a different memory card for a while and see if that was the issue. If that doesn't resolve it then I'm afraid you need to get it sent back for troubleshooting.
    To be honest at the prices ISS will charge you as it will be more than likely be sent to the UK you'd be better off just putting up with the error or buying a new camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Error 99 is a processor error/fault. Send it to a Canon service centre to get it sorted now rather than later.
    error 99 actually covers a broad range of errors. there are sub errors that are under error 99 ranging from dirty contacts to shutter failure etc...

Advertisement