Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for wedding decoration shops in Cork

Options
  • 30-06-2010 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, I am getting married in December this year and am looking for somewhere that I can buy wedding venue decorations from as we want to decorate the place ourselves due to budget restrictions! Does anyone out there know of a good place to buy things like streamers or table decorations and balloons? If anyone out there has any advice or ideas on how to decorate a wedding reception venue comments are much appreciated! Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I'm sorry that I don't know anywhere in Cork but know there are a couple places in Killarney if you have a morning to spare. When you drive into the town. Take a left at the roundabout near the bus/train station and there is a party shop across the road from it and another department store selling party items within two mins walk. -Plenty of parking nearby.

Hallmark might be worth a look in Cork City but pricey.

Best of luck with the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Heatons in Blackpool had a fairly good selection a while back, and Atlantic homecare in blackpool also do a party section. I came across a good website for a place in glanmire. Ill try find it and send you the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Roman Candle on North Main Street might be work a try, they sell lots of wedding related craft stuff.

Or, perhaps try Vibes and Scribes craft shop on the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Considering the time of year, it might be worth holding off purchasing for a while, particularly if you're going with the whole winter theme. A friend of mine was getting married close to xmas a couple of years ago and got great deals on a whole range of seasonal things -expecially fairy lights and similar - by leaving the shopping until the xmas stock arrived in the shops in November. She also found Pendrix Display very helpful, both for purchases and ideas, as they had their stock in considerably earlier - September/October I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Woodies have a selection of items too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jenititious

hey good luck with the wedding. My friend recently got married and went to Red Balloon in Ballincollig. She hired out shell and pearl hearts for the end of the church pews there. I think she also got her wedding candles personalised there too. Red Balloon did all the balloons for the wedding and they were totally fab. It was the talking point of the day. I think the website is www.redballooncork.com but its best to call in as the gang there are really helpful 0214879098

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

http://www.corkweddingsandballoons.com/index.html

Hi this is the link I wrote above above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Heatons in Ballincollig have a party section instore and there's a great selection of wedding decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

vibes and scribes on popes key they have have craft shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Roman Candle on North Main Street might be work a try, they sell lots of wedding related craft stuff.

lol - that's Roman House.

They do have lots of wedding stuff though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement