Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts subjects vs Denominated degrees

• 30-06-2010 10:37pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭

I'm mainly thinking of doing computer science and software engineering and i have it second, but i think psychology might be interesting as well, so i have arts down first on the cao in maynooth

But what would be the difference between doing a subject in arts or doing the degree by itself? in any subject not just the ones ive mentioned..

which would be better and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

I heard somewhere about a maynooth rule that only the top batch (top 30 students?)of psychology through arts students get through to second year psychology. If you only scraped a pass (even a low to mid 2.2 might not be enough) in psychology then you have to go to second and third year with your other 2 arts subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

If you're going to do psycology make sure you can get a BSc rather than BA and that it's recogonised by Psychological Society of Ireland as well otherwise it'll be pretty much worthless and impossible to get a job out of it!
    Also a lot of the time it's not what you expect so really look into it and make sure about it!

Advertisement