Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother providing childcare

Options
  • 30-06-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭

My mother may be deciding to look after my daughter and I'm wondering how much has anyone in similar circumstances paid for either a daily\weekly rate??

The typical day would last from approx 7:30am to 6:30pm

Cheers for any feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

A work colleague of mine is paying a childminder €140 a week for full time childcare.
    As far as I know it'd be from 9am - 6:30pm though; thought it might help to give you rough idea :)

Also, nursery my little lady will be going to is €145 for full week that's based on their opening hours of 8am - 6pm.

That's in Kilkenny, not to sure about rates where you are as I know for example in Dublin they can be a lot higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

A friend of the family was charging me €30 a day for my little lady in Dublin when I was working full time, would have been from 7.30am to 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

My step-sis works in a creche, she said the going daily rate is around €35 average in the Dublin area.

Advertisement