Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OXEGEN Weather?

Options
  • 30-06-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

OK People...its nearly that time of year again.

Just seeing what are peoples thoughts on the weather for Oxegen this year? ( 9th-12th)

I persume its gonna be real hard to decide so long in advanced but once its better than lasts years drenching.tent_148461t.jpg

Hopfully after this weekend a bit of high pressure wil start to build near us to hav a better chance of a good weekend.

Anybody hav any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Friday's forecast 'Partly cloudy'

Hopefully the rest of it is either the same or improves, Just no rain.

10 day forecasts are usually a load of rubbish though. Just hope its nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

anyone expand this to a T in the park forecast for scotland-thats were im heading!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

df1985 wrote: »
    anyone expand this to a T in the park forecast for scotland-thats were im heading!

The same as here, rain, rain, rain and more rain!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Next friday doesnt look good as of yet... cloudy so that means rain.

AH sure ill just hav to bring the rain gear once again this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭inbodwetrust

Weather for Friday looks like light rain , Anyone have any insight into what it will be like for the weekend or Is it too far to know accuratly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

i intestered in knowing what the weather will be like to, I heading to Dingle from Trim Meath as motorbike pillion. Havent been pillion in 23 years so praying for reasonable weather. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Dublin are playing on Saturday. So it's going to be pissing rain most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

At the moment Friday Night and Saturday look wet to very wet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Latest from the Met Eireann website.
    Overall rainfall will not be heavy on Friday with most places just getting a few millimetres, but the rain will be persistent at times in the north. There will be some rain during next weekend but most of the time the weather will be dry and warm.

I would take that but I suppose its abit early in the week to be reading too much into forecasts for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Villain wrote: »
    At the moment Friday Night and Saturday look wet to very wet!!

Yeah i've been keeping an eye on the charts over the last few days and it's not looking like the best weekend! Looks like Friday and Saturday could be washouts:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

trogdor wrote: »
    Yeah i've been keeping an eye on the charts over the last few days and it's not looking like the best weekend! Looks like Friday and Saturday could be washouts:P
    Shush!! Don't be wreckin the buzz! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 krobo

Charts are indicating a warm saturday with possible thundery downpours. I am working the weekend so bring on the Storms :P Still, way too far out to be getting exited

10071012_0506.gif
    10071012_0506.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

OK...seems theres are consultation wit Mets forecast and our guys on this.

For me i wont mind havin rain once its not ALL DAY ...ALL WEEKEND like last year. But ye Met Eireann's "mostly dry " forecast is good enough for me! ha.

But the true me inside wants to see some thunderstorm activity also! ....evening if theres 1000s of people camping out in tents! ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Oh god lads I hope the weather is good for ye.
    Nothing worse than trying to camp in ****e weather.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hmm . . .what is the latest from the Boards.ie weather experts?!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MacStacked

Hmm . . .what is the latest from the Boards.ie weather experts?!:)

Anyone to give us good news?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Friday and Friday night look wet, Saturday will start off wet but brighten up quickly and Sunday looks pretty good

Villain wrote: »
    Friday and Friday night look wet, Saturday will start off wet but brighten up quickly and Sunday looks pretty good

I agree... Rain gear INto the bag!, still looks to be better than last year tough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Is metcheck generally thought to be reliable for forecasts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

NO!!!! you can generally half their predicted rainfall to give a rough idea! try www.yr.no much more reliable
    http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Kildare/Punchestown/long.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

km79 wrote: »
    NO!!!! you can generally half their predicted rainfall to give a rough idea! try www.yr.no much more reliable
    http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Kildare/Punchestown/long.html

A music festival just wouldn't be a music festival without rain and muck!

Roll on Electric Picnic!!

Its lookin even worse now... more rain than mentioned before.
    I STILL hav some hope tough!

Advertisement