Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think ?

• 30-06-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

i have a concrete shed out back which im putting a freezer in its about 5ft x 3ft

i use to have it as an ordinary shed with paint oil etc ,

so i have took it apart scrubbed it , i had a problem with the door frame which was rotten and a lot of woodlouse and those ugly skinny spiders , i am getting a new door and frame,
    so i have took it apart scrubbed it , i have since used masonary paint on walls and ceiling and polybond on floor

i was going to put Lino on the ground and newspaper under the lino ,

someone said it will only get damp and mouldy so im just wondering , is there anything else i should use to stop the spiders woodlouse etc and what would u put on floor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,620 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Do you need anything? The polybond will stop dust, but you could consider putting down a few ceramic tiles for tidyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

thought of tiles i might try that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭chuchyface

Concrete floor paint, quick clean and easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

You'll never stop creepy crawlies from getting in anywhere they want. Hell, I'm sure your house has plenty of them, especially in the attic (everyone's does). So long as your freezer is kept shut, you'll be alright. One thing I'd be worried about though is that the heat from the motor might encourage some furry friends to make a nest for the winter.

Advertisement