Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you were to leave Rapidshare.com who would replace them?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Toolerc

hey just read a few of the dl speeds here and I'm getting nowhere near that.
    I have UPC 20mb and rapidshare was ave. 200-300mpb (some people here mentioned up to 1.5??)
    RS account lapsed and signed up to MU as most links seemed to be there,but anything I've tried in the last few days is down at 100mbps.

(1) Were the speeds on RS unusually low?
    (2) Anything I could do about it?
    (3) Is HF any better or should I just go back to RS?

Cheers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Toolerc wrote: »
    I have UPC 20mb and rapidshare was ave. 200-300mpb (some people here mentioned up to 1.5??)
    RS account lapsed and signed up to MU as most links seemed to be there,but anything I've tried in the last few days is down at 100mbps.

Cheers

I use fileserve with UPC and they are the most relyable for speeds yet appart from rapidshare (megaupload & hotfile just got useless), you need to use jdownloader I notice which is a pain (can't seem to configure fileserve in flashget) but it does hit top speed when spanning multiple links

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

nisior wrote: »
    I was using Rapidshare for a long while but the links were becoming less and less common so I got Hotfile (well I didn't, my boyfriend did) and it's alright. The speed isn't as good but it seems alot more people are using it so it seems like a good choice for right now until the another one becomes the most popular one.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the situation has pretty much changed overnight and you won't find many people using HF from now own.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Toolerc

yoyo wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Toolerc viewpost.gif

Cheers

I use fileserve with UPC and they are the most relyable for speeds yet appart from rapidshare (megaupload & hotfile just got useless), you need to use jdownloader I notice which is a pain (can't seem to configure fileserve in flashget) but it does hit top speed when spanning multiple links

Nick

Thanks for that,
    What kind of speeds are you talking about with fileserve?
    Anyone else provide some comparison speeds with RS, MU, FS etc over a 20mb UPC connection?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Toolerc wrote: »
    Thanks for that,
    What kind of speeds are you talking about with fileserve?
    Anyone else provide some comparison speeds with RS, MU, FS etc over a 20mb UPC connection?

On 30 meg I'll get full speed with multiple links, single links dont go that fast, but will max the connection out with 3 or more, rapidshare are definitely the best speeds, you pay the premium though, buy a month of fileserve to try it out would be my reccomendation, thats what I did, and then baught a 6 month sub after :)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Megaupload.com
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Eh :confused:
    Its the exact same content. When scene groups release new content, they get uploaded to torrent, fileshare and usenet at the same time. Usenet is just another method of obtaining that same file

OK agreed but it's so much easier to find stuff on RS etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

OK agreed but it's so much easier to find stuff on RS etc

The search functions are miles better on Usenet than any fileshare and the links never get removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Megashare.com
    I use both Hotfile and Megaupload.
    Get 1.2 MB/s download on Hotfile with my computer
    On Megaupload (depending on the file) between 100KB and 2.8 MB/s
    Using my rapidleech I get 6.3 MB/s average with Hotfile and 8.9 MB/s average with Megaupload :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kiwi_40

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the situation has pretty much changed overnight and you won't find many people using HF from now own.

Whats happened to Hotfile, no one is using it now. Might move to Fileserve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭techguy

Megashare.com
    kiwi_40 wrote: »

Yea, I was just about to jump ship to hotfile but there seems to have been an exodus from there too..

I've just bought 30days of filesonic.com for $9 and it seems good so far.

The only issue i'm having right now is that sometimes I get errors on some links when downloading with jDownloader.. I need to reset the file to continue. Not sure whats up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

kiwi_40 wrote: »

They closed tonnes of accounts around the 18th/19th Feb.

Ive been using hotfile for about a year and it was great, my account expires in 2 weeks, nice timing. Will move to Filesonic or fileserve myself now, will do a one month to see what its like. I use IDM for downloading, its brilliant,never fails

They closed tonnes of accounts around the 18th/19th Feb.

Yeah, just found that on the net in the last 5 mins. Kiss of death, they will be gone within 6 months, no one will re-join, who wants to share photographs

Advertisement