Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby Photos

• 30-06-2010 11:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

My wife gave birth to our first child last wednesday so as a one week birthday present to him I took a few photos of him today! :)

Anyway as I've never done this kind of thing before I'd appreciate a few tips and advice from people who've done a bit of this type of stuff before.

I had lots of problems trying to keep the background lit the same as the foreground and I didn't manage it completely as the corners are still a little darker than rest. How do you do this when using window light as I didn't want to use flash on him just yet. I used the living room window and a reflector to light them but the background was about a stop darker as it was about 1m back from his face. Would it be ok to use flashes on him at this early stage or could you damage his eyes I wonder?

I know the white outfit wasn't the best choice but I don't think he was really into the shoot as he decided to vomit his dinner up on the outfit his mother had picked out and kept his eyes closed the whole time!! :D

4749714139_3874016385_z.jpg

4749713865_2065d41079_z.jpg

4750356910_154609c9ab_z.jpg

4750356838_c64d704ee4_z.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

He looks like n angel in no 1. From my iPhone these look very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

One and Three are adorable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

they're a great little set of images mate... really like them. although i may be a bit biased seeing as though out first is due in 2 weeks :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

once again ...congrats on the baby !!

as for the pics .... try overexposing the image ...so its entirely white (venture studio style....and add one of the hats mentioned in another thread - will try find a link)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

to my eyes, the first few look a bit too posed. i'd actually prefer the last, which is a bit more natural looking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Excellent stuff Aindreas. He sure is a cute little fella.

The lighting looks fine to me here. Slightly darker bg adds a bit of dept to the image. I like it.. :) If you want to get the light as even as possible from front to back, i'd suggest moving your setup as far from the window as possible. This will make the light fall off a lot less from front to back. Another option is to leave the setup beside the window and flash the bg to gain the extra stop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

PCPhoto wrote: »
    once again ...congrats on the baby !!

as for the pics .... try overexposing the image ...so its entirely white (venture studio style....and add one of the hats mentioned in another thread - will try find a link)

I sent a PM to squareballoon about those hats but they aren't easy to find seemingly and you need to get them made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Congratulations, lovely pictures too. Very well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Ballyman

these are gorgeous shots of your little baby boy and they have the "awww" factor.

Congratulations to you both on your new arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

congrats dude,cracking photos bet hes not that peaceful all the time:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mistygardiner

soooo cute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

flash OK if you bounce it off the ceiling or using big diffusers
    only problem sometimes is that the baby will wake up
    my 2 kids were so used to me taking pictures of them from day 1 that never had a problem
    congratulations for the baby and the pictures, well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

I think they're lovely and the skin tones are excellent. He looks like the sweetest little thing with the most perfect skin. I can't believe you even caught a little smile in the first one! I would avoid white because it's very hard to expose correctly but other than that you did brilliantly.

oshead wrote: »
    If you want to get the light as even as possible from front to back, i'd suggest moving your setup as far from the window as possible. This will make the light fall off a lot less from front to back.

I was doing the opposite and moving him closer to the window!! I might move the background further away and flash it like you said and see how that goes. I finally got to use all that crap I bought in IKEA!! I'll drop back that book to you shortly as well.

I think they're lovely and the skin tones are excellent. He looks like the sweetest little thing with the most perfect skin. I can't believe you even caught a little smile in the first one! I would avoid white because it's very hard to expose correctly but other than that you did brilliantly.

Thanks Lynn. I've ordered one off the links you sent me. I agree with the white. It was a disaster to get right. Live and learn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Congrats and nice series of images - well done!!

Advertisement