Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice restaurant for 40th wedding anniversary

Options
  • 01-07-2010 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

just for a meal with immediate family, nothing like a party.

Looking for suggestions for something top quality but still traditional enough to fit with the celebrated couples' tastes.

We'll say keeping to the N59 as a general guide, between Ballina and Sligo Town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I used to like The Loft, haven't been in years though. The food was top notch.

I would also strongly recommend Clevery Mill in Castlebaldwin but it is a little out of your way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The Venue, Strandhill

Very good quality food, fantastic sea view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Xiney wrote: »
    just for a meal with immediate family, nothing like a party.

Looking for suggestions for something top quality but still traditional enough to fit with the celebrated couples' tastes.

We'll say keeping to the N59 as a general guide, between Ballina and Sligo Town.

If your're looking for some really top quality food, I'd suggest heading towards the Ballina side.. The Ice House in Ballina has absolutely fantastic food, probably the best restaurant in the North West - I've been to every restaurant in Sligo - some good ones, some very good ones, but nothing to touch this.

It's traditional enough with main courses of steak, mixed grills, hake, monkfish etc, but all done exqusitely & their starter of deep fried hen's egg with black pudding is to die for.

Dining room ; 4547781-Ice_house_seating_area-Ballina.jpg

4547779-Banquette_seating_in_the_extension-Ballina.jpg

Link to website, menus, wine lists etc; http://www.icehousehotel.ie/ballina-restaurant.html

And no, I don't work for the place, I just appreciate really good food!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

If your're looking for some really top quality food, I'd suggest heading towards the Ballina side.. The Ice House in Ballina has absolutely fantastic food, probably the best restaurant in the North West - I've been to every restaurant in Sligo - some good ones, some very good ones, but nothing to touch this.

It's traditional enough with main courses of steak, mixed grills, hake, monkfish etc, but all done exqusitely & their starter of deep fried hen's egg with black pudding is to die for.

Dining room ; 4547781-Ice_house_seating_area-Ballina.jpg

4547779-Banquette_seating_in_the_extension-Ballina.jpg

Link to website, menus, wine lists etc; http://www.icehousehotel.ie/ballina-restaurant.html

And no, I don't work for the place, I just appreciate really good food!

That sounds perfect. I'd heard of the place before but I never would have remembered it without you reminding me. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Xiney,

When I saw the thread title, I thought "jeez.. married life clearly flew for ye two!"

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

lol :P

nah, we're only at 10% of John's parents' record.

Advertisement