Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2yr Music Management course

Options
  • 01-07-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

hi guys,
    I'm looking for some advise i've been offered a place in the music mangement course and I'm just looking for advice on wat the course is like as i've also been offered a place in the event management course in DIT which i;ve been told is one of the best courses in ireland and I just want to know am I better off doing a music management course , any advice would be greatly apprericated.

Kind Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭T.K.O.

Hey,
    Im in the Music management course in Ballyfermot. Going into the second year in Sept. The first year was very good i thought. We cover a lot of aspects like Finance, Law, Event management, Marketing, IT, Sound Tech. Its a good course if you want to learn about different aspects of the industry. Also, there are benifits like working with MCD as an intern. Im just back from Oxegen where I was working on the main stage all weekend as a Stage Manager assistant.

So, I dont know a lot about the DIT course but have heard its very good for the event management side of things. Hope this helps a bit and if you have any other questions I might be able to elp you with just PM me.
    Mic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I went to the Music Management course in Ballyer and i gained next to nothing. There was alot of pointless assessments like Make a Cd with a theme!!! Learned nothing from that.

In fairness Pete Holidai is a legend and has some great stories about the music business. He rocks big time!

There was also a "competition" and each group had to find a band and promote them and stuff and in the end the winning group got 1000 euro for the band to use for whatever they want.

Anyways.... long story short,my group won and when we went looking for cash we couldnt get it,then all these little changes were brought in like "oh now the college logo needs to be on the CD" and "The band has to represent the college". Now.if we had to work with Rock School bands that would be ok but these were bands that we worked with were no way involved with the college. So in the end we got no money for alot of work and got nothing but a headache from them.

Also,one of the heads of the course kinda "mammys" people and kinda likes to do things behind students backs like organizing things without asking the student etc so watch that. A certain Mrs JC.

TKO.... Mic,i think i know yourself. Does the name Miriam from Canada mean anything. I have known her for a good 6 years. Hope the bands going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭rhondadunphy

Thanks guys for the replies but I went and accept DIT event management instead, Kinda raging I did now as I'm going to miss out on a great course in Ballyfermot, Mic good luck at Temple House this weekend seen you guys in NPLD you's were brill raging I'm not heading to Temple House this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dMoniKer

Ive just started my first year in this,seems really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Miss Informed

Hey guys, I have an interest in these courses too, just wondering how you found them? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement