Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! CAO

• 01-07-2010 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭

Right guys quick question, I have entered a few level seven choices which I no longer want to do. I want to delete them and leave that part blank, except it keeps saying I need to enter one course.

Any Ideas how to get the level 6/7 list blank again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I'm pretty sure you must enter at least one course into the lev6/7 column!What you planning on doing anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Well I had it blank, but then decided I better put one or two in in case my leaving went horrible, however I have decided now that there are no level 6/7 courses I want to do and want to make it blank again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It doesn't really matter as you don't have to accept the offer should you get one for the level 6/7 course.

So will I get an offer from the level 8 and the 6/7 one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

I think you get an offer from the lvl 8 section and from the lvl 7 section, and you can then accept the lvl 8 offer. I filled up the lvl 7 section just in case, even though I don't particularly want to do those courses. It does absolutely no harm. My career guidance teacher recommended everyone do it.

• Advertisement

Yes, but I don't want to potentially prevent someone from getting offered that place by having it offered to me when I have zero intention of doing it.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »

Well if you satisfy the requirements and get the points needed for both sections then you will be offered a place on each course but you don't have to accept it. So if you accept the level 8 course, it means you automatically turn down the level 6/7 one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

You just reject the offer and then your place will be offered to someone else in the following round. I think that's how it works anyway. You won't be taking anyone's place.

Oh right, so say i get my top level 8 one offered, I will get my top level 6/7 offered too?(If I fulfill the yada yada)

Right ok i think I have it.... lesson is to basically Ignore the level 6/7 as it will in no way affect my level 8s.... ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Oh right, so say i get my top level 8 one offered, I will get my top level 6/7 offered too?(If I fulfill the yada yada)
    Yes.

Mussolini, do read the sticky at the top of the forum! :)

I see your point about not taking a level 7 offer from someone else, but it will be offered to them anyway in Round 2 if you accept your Level 8 offer, and thus nullify your Level 6/7 offer.

Yep. Then you choose which one you want. Not everyone may want a level 8 course as their first choice (for whatever reason) so they have level 6/7s separate from level 8s.

I did read it, but I really don't wanna take up someones offer if you follow me, I would prefer just to have it blank. Which is the way I had it originally, it is pure stupid that I cannot revert it to that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It doesn't matter. You will be given two offers, one for Level 8 and one for Level 6/7. You choose whichever one you want. The offer you choose not to take (in your case Level 7) is then offered out during Round 2. You won't be taking anybody's places.

Just leave what you have. They have no effect whatsoever on your Level 8s and it is always good to have options, even if you think you won't need it!

It doesn't matter. You will be given two offers, one for Level 8 and one for Level 6/7. You choose whichever one you want. The offer you choose not to take (in your case Level 7) is then offered out during Round 2. You won't be taking anybody's places.

Just leave what you have. They have no effect whatsoever on your Level 8s and it is always good to have options, even if you think you won't need it!
    Yeah I will think I will just leave it, I just don't want to put the unneeded stress and worry onto someone of making them wait until the second round.

A huge number of Level 6 / 7 offers go out in Round 2, and people focussed on those courses know that.

This is because most people hedge their bets and apply at both levels, whereas most will take the Level 8 offer if they get it ... or decide to repeat.

Thus there are normally more extra offers made in R2 at Level 6 / 7 rather than at Level 8.

Hmm ok then, I still think you should be able to clear the list and leave it blank.

Well guys, thanks for the help! Teaches me to go messing around at something like this at this hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

What time does it close at tomorrow? Is it 5:00pm again?

Hmm ok then, I still think you should be able to clear the list and leave it blank.
    So do I, tbh, but if you can't, you can't.

5.15pm

But I wouldn't leave it that late as the system has been known to jam before... well you don't want to take chances. In fairness, you should really know by now what you want, or have a vague idea at least! :)

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm pretty sure you cant, I will check tomorrow again to see if I'm doing something wrong due to fatigue.

seanbmc wrote: »
    What time does it close at tomorrow? Is it 5:00pm again?
    Read!!

That said, don't leave it 'til the last minute, systems are wont to collapse under the onslaught of last-minuters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Larianne wrote: »
    5.15pm

But I wouldn't leave it that late as the system has been known to jam before... well you don't want to take chances. In fairness, you should really know by now what you want, or have a vague idea at least! :)

Yeah I haven't it's basically done now, was just making sure in case I had some sudden change of mind during the night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Yeh I put down 4 level 7s when our careers guidance said to even though I don't want to do any so I'll just decline their offer of those ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Victoria. wrote: »
    Yeh I put down 4 level 7s when our careers guidance said to even though I don't want to do any so I'll just decline their offer of those ones.

Just think how happy you will make the person who gets your level 7 spot in round 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

I didnt put down any Level 6/7s on the list.

Aside from it being smart to, you dont have to put down a course on that list, do you?:eek:

stainluss wrote: »
    I didnt put down any Level 6/7s on the list.

Aside from common sense, you dont have to put down a course on that list, do you?:eek:
    No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

No

+ 1

Advertisement