Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micra - No air coming in

• 01-07-2010 1:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

Help - test is next week.

I have a 06 micra.

All of a sudden, no air whatsoever is coming into the car.

I have all the dials set correctly (have checked numerous times).

What could it be? Will I be likely to be able to mend it by next week?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

probably just a blocked pollen filter or something simple ,not familar with that model but i wouldnt be in a panic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Thank you.

I was afraid no one would answer cause I'm a learner and a dreaded Micra-driver!

Really hoping it's okay because I have had 40 lessons and financially really need to pass.

i am sure some one who is familiar with the micra will be able to advise you in plenty of time and it is probably something simple , just concentrate on your revision and all and dont get in a panic worrying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

could be a fuse, blocked filter, or the thermal resister might bf blown.
    All small issues to get fixed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Really hoping it's okay because I have had 40 lessons and financially really need to pass.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

magic marker this babyish reply doesnt help the op will you grow up

well op when you turn on the heater fan can the motor be heard at any of the speed settings ?

Thanks for all the help kasper and pa990.

It's magically righted itself! Quite surprised and very much delighted. Will get it checked, just to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Will get it checked, just to be sure.
    I'd leave well enough alone for now - it's extremely difficult to find a problem that's not there when you're looking.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Help - test is next week.

What could it be? Will I be likely to be able to mend it by next week?
    Could you please explain why you think working air vents are important for a driving test? I'm genuinely curious.

• Advertisement

Could you please explain why you think working air vents are important for a driving test? I'm genuinely curious.
    Because people tend to perform better when they're comfortable.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

I'd a mate fail because he couldn't demist his windscreen properly with working vents - Air was on recirculate - so maybe not a direct requirement but definitely needed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

kasper wrote: »
    magic marker this babyish reply doesnt help the op will you grow up
    Who pissed in your cornflakes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

n0brain3r wrote: »
    I'd a mate fail because he couldn't demist his windscreen properly with working vents - Air was on recirculate - so maybe not a direct requirement but definitely needed.
    Windows been misting up much lately? I think my concern is that if the OP is stressing about the test (a week before the event) to the point where the air is a serious concern, then she's overthinking it rather a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Windows been misting up much lately? I think my concern is that if the OP is stressing about the test (a week before the event) to the point where the air is a serious concern, then she's overthinking it rather a lot.
    Been driving around with the air off and windows up much lately? All you need is a bit of a soaking in one of these showers with this heat and no air your windows will be pretty misted. I wouldn't say she's over reacting just wants to have everything right best of luck with the test OP I passed mine in an old Micra too over a decade ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

had a similar prob with the sir fan on a mondeo at work.
    fan didnt work for two days.. drove it into the garage, and it worked.. been working since

typical

Even without a driving test next week, i'd want my ventilation working. The OP wanted advice on how to achieve this, that's all..

Enough of the off-topic squabbling, people.

op best of luck with the test i am sure you will do fine

It was a combination of the heat and the window mist that worried me - nothing like driving around feeling like you're in an oven, and poor visibility is rarely a good thing!

Just glad it's fixed.

And hoping for the best.

Thanks for the help everyone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement