Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Girl [** Spoilers **]

12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The actors who play Vex and Aife have both confirmed they'll be back, although that's not a huge shock.

We can also expect a hell of a lot more Tamsin, and Tamsin's backstory apparently, the aforementioned exec producer has her whole arc planned out already and a "teenage" Tamsin has been cast. Rachel Skarsten seems to know more about the next season than either Zoie Palmer or Kris Holden Reid, which seems pretty telling - Anna Silk isn't even going to be on set for the first week.

I was a huge supporter of this show for the last few years, because the characters had real personality, but it sounds like they plan to carry on just plowing everybody else under in favour of SuperTamsin, and she's just so... generic, and predictable. So... I think me and Lost Girl might be parting company. The only reason I could hang on through some of the last half of S3 was the hope that we might get a break from her and get back to the "real" show, but it doesn't seem like it. It was fun while it lasted, but it's a shame. :(

Tasmin is very popular with the fans though Jill + i suspect Anna Silk0s role will be lessened for the first few episodes due to her newborn. If they focus on Vex, Dyson, Kenzi and Tasmin then it wont do much harm.

I dont think they are focusing on Tasmin out of adoration moreso nesscity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Tasmin is very popular with the fans though Jill + i suspect Anna Silk0s role will be lessened for the first few episodes due to her newborn. If they focus on Vex, Dyson, Kenzi and Tasmin then it wont do much harm.

I dont think they are focusing on Tasmin out of adoration moreso nesscity.

Yeah but... I mean, that would have been a perfect opportunity to showcase Vex, who's just fabulous, The Morrigan, who was disappointingly AWOL this season, Dyson, who's had nothing to do since S1, or Lauren, who's backstory is all over the place by now, or Kenzi; easily the best actress on the show and criminally underused last year. We're already invested in those characters, but it's getting to the stage where we're going to know less about any of them than the Connor/Dawn character.

I know AS is going to have to take it easy for a while, I'm just disappointed that they seem to be committed to the idea of Tamsin as the new centre of gravity, because I came away from S3 feeling like they'd massively overbalanced into the cartoony zap pow fae side with her already. I don't think they can't really afford to do that stuff well enough to sacrifice the ensemble cast dynamic, and I don't think Skarsten has nearly enough charm to carry me past ropey fight scenes or nonsensical plotlines with the same kind of ease as Silk or Solo.

K.C. Collins/Hale confirmed on Twitter he'll be back for season 4.

Jill....have you checked out the fan fiction?....some crazy stuff! :P

http://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Lost-Girl/

did anyone watch the comic con panel, with dyson/lauren and kenzi plus jay and emily http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/lost-girl-comic-con-panel.html

So uh...

Promo one -

Promo two -

(Blimey btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

lol ... the promos very funny but seriously hope s4 is better than s3, quite disappointed with s3 compared to s1 & s2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I'm at a convention with Kris (Dyson) & Paul (Vex) right now. They're both ridiculously excited about the new season. Said it's the best one yet in terms of character and story. They're not giving us any spoilers though, except to say the premiere is mental and the costumes are awesome.

Well, thoughts?

- Vex and Kenzi stole the whole episode for me, but I really missed Bo & Tamsin.
    - I have been kinda shipping Kenzi & Dyson since season one, but oh so weird when they finally went there. Especially on Kris' side.
    - Vex in heels. Nuff said.
    - Loved George Takai, and he actually said "oh my". Creeptasic character, and the sound effects of him slithering. Ugh, shudder.
    - Mia Kirshner's nymph was fun too. I presume we'll be seeing more of her.
    - The Fae loan shark is pretty neat too....in an utterly disturbing kinda way.

Bo's awake! Really hope we actually get to meet the Dad. Can't remember, was there a casting announcement for that part?

You should also check out the preshow sit down with the cast that aired prior to the premiere. It's great. Those guys are beyond hysterical together.

• Advertisement

They are very funny together. It's nice to see them all out of character and just laughing it up, Anna Silk seems really sweet.

I thought it was solid, but a little... well, it didn't really feel as... something... as a season opener should.

I can't put my finger on it, I know that Bo was out of action, but something else about it just felt a little off. It would have been fine mid season or something, but as a "Welcome back to the show, sit down, shut up, and strap in!" statement, it didn't really grab me completely. I had kind of the same problem with last year's finale, it was fine as an episode, but as the bookend to a season, it just didn't sit quite right. So it's hard not to think of this as the second half of S3, rather than S4.

I'm not sure Kenzi is the kind of character who can carry a whole episode on her own, but I love seeing Ksenia Solo get a chance to shine again all the same. I think she's the undiscovered gem of the cast by a long shout, and I can't help guiltily hoping the Star Wars rumours are only that.

Solid episode though, and I did laugh at a lot of the fanbase in jokes. And it's interesting that all that stuff isn't reversed, people just remember everything on top of it, so Kenzi and Dyson really were together and that's going to be an awkward conversation when Bo gets back.

Thank God it was better than the last few eps of S3 though, Jaysus.

Have ye watched the webisodes?

Vex's outfit so sissy & Kenzi really hard on her dancing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Aseth

Anyone knows what's the song in the ad for the new season?

Which ad? Have you got a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Aseth

Yeah, well, that's my problem - I tried googling and I tried youtube and couldn't find it. It's the one for syfy, slow music with a woman singing.

Aseth wrote: »
    Yeah, well, that's my problem - I tried googling and I tried youtube and couldn't find it. It's the one for syfy, slow music with a woman singing.

If it's this -

- it's a cover of The Wanderer done by Emilie Mover just for the show. It should be available on iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

^ Jill....have you checked out "Bitten" yet?....a new Canadian genre show.

I haven't yet. I read the book way back and have heard fairly uniformly horrible reviews, so I think I might let it run for a bit and let it find its feet before diving in.

exciting ep 10
    but whose hand ?

• Advertisement

The further we get into this season the more confused I am lol. Loving the addition of Kyle Schmid, and I see Linda Hamilton in the promo for next week.

I just watched the latest two episodes....4x11 broke my heart!!!!! :(:(:(

Why show?.....WHY!? :(
    And Sundays ep. was a huge info and backstory dump, lots of reveals i didnt see coming. Any news on season 5?

'Lost Girl' Renewed for Fifth Season on Canada's Showcase

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lost-girl-renewed-fifth-season-684117

Showrunner seems to have stepped down...

Showrunner seems to have stepped down...

Just saw that! :eek: - big changes, the press release for S5 left out Kensai Solo! :confused:

Alot of fans complained S4 was a muddled confused mess...with characters being out of character etc. Personally i think Michelle Lovretta should come back.

Michael Grassi has replaced Emily Andras (who ran seasons 3 and 4 of Lost Girl) as showrunner for Season 5.
    Andras will remain a part of the Lost Girl team and has written episode 5.02.
    Grassi previously wrote episodes 4.04, 4.07 and 4.10.
    Season one was co-showrun by Creator Michelle Lovretta and Peter Mohan while season 2 was co-showrun by Jeremy Boxen and Grant Rosenberg.

mafaa wrote: »
    'Lost Girl' Renewed for Fifth Season on Canada's Showcase

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lost-girl-renewed-fifth-season-684117

No surprise....but it might be the last season, maybe squeeze one more. 5 or 6 is enough....no need to flog that Fae ;)

• Advertisement

jenjenten wrote: »
    Just saw that! :eek: - big changes, the press release for S5 left out Kensai Solo! :confused:

Alot of fans complained S4 was a muddled confused mess...with characters being out of character etc. Personally i think Michelle Lovretta should come back.

Michael Grassi has replaced Emily Andras (who ran seasons 3 and 4 of Lost Girl) as showrunner for Season 5.
    Andras will remain a part of the Lost Girl team and has written episode 5.02.
    Grassi previously wrote episodes 4.04, 4.07 and 4.10.
    Season one was co-showrun by Creator Michelle Lovretta and Peter Mohan while season 2 was co-showrun by Jeremy Boxen and Grant Rosenberg.

Supposedly Lovretta was actually far less involved than it would seem, but the show happened to lose a lot of people to Orphan Black shortly after she departed, notably John Fawcett.

jenjenten wrote: »
    No surprise....but it might be the last season, maybe squeeze one more. 5 or 6 is enough....no need to flog that Fae ;)

lol ... no need to flog that Fae - poor Bo Bo :D

Bo & Kenzi carried their characters well in s1 & s2, it's a pity Kenzi not in s5 ; while Tamsin slowly picks up momentum in s3 & s4 but now only left with Bo & Tamsin :(

Lauren became a fae in s4 which indicate she has a larger role in s5 & hopefully she could improve her character rather to stay rigid

so change of showrunner might be good ; s3 was quite bearable but s4 like watching cartoon :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 voldo2006

Kenzi will be back.....I bet if she does though, it will be half way into season 5 before she returns.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/04/08/lost-girl-season-5-charisma-carpenter_n_5113340.html
    In "Lost Girl" Season 5, "Buffy" actress Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia Chase) is joining the fae-tastic cast as a guest star. Carpenter will be playing a character by the name of Freyja, who's well-known in mythology as the most renowned of the Norse goddesses. Perhaps one of the most interesting facts about Freyja is she rides a a boar with golden bristles -- here's hoping that "Lost Girl" picks up on that. The powers-that-be behind the show insist that Freyja will have a definite "Lost Girl" twist, so we'll just have to wait until Season 5 starts up in the fall of 2014 to find out more about the character.

In Season 5, Bo (Anna Silk) will go to hell and back to try and save the people she loves -- her family. But she will discover that love is not always enough to keep her family together. When you go to hell, you're bound to drag something evil back with you...

"'Lost Girl' will never take a rest from bringing you twists, turns, and surprises. Season 5 promises more intrigue than ever before," said Jay Firestone, executive producer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The upcoming 5th season consisting of 16 episodes, airing in two parts will also be it's last - Source TV Line

I'm sad because the cast seems genuinely gutted, but really, the show never capitalised on its potential and it was steadily declining since about half way through S3. Its best asset was always the cast, and in particular the Bo/Kenzi double act, but once Ksenia Solo started being sidelined to bring Rachel Skarsten in, that was shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Yeah Bo/Kenzi was what I found most entertaining. Bo settling down with Lauren and that dynamic wasn't on the mark for me. Last season in the end was a mess. With Kenzi sidelined in next season it's not shaping up to be a memorable send off. Hope I'm wrong.

'Lost Girl' star Anna Silk on the show ending after season 5

think the writers had damaged the series capability to be flexible since season 3 & wrote season 4 into a mess, it is not easy to turnover but is a challenge & a risk too unnecessary ; just like continuum, the last season was a bit more better then season 4 only also quite messy, wonder how many more seasons can survive with that mess created :P

really enjoyed season 1 & 2 especially on Bo/Kenzi dynamic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

anyone watched the new episodes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Feu wrote: »
    anyone watched the new episodes?

Not yet, will probably be the weekend when get time to catch up on a few things. Did you enjoy it?

certainly an improvement on Series 4, but that is not hard!

What Feu said. I'm not all that impressed with the way they set up Kenzi's storyline either. We know Ksenia's coming back before the finale so why ship her off in such a way when they had a better arc with Valhalla/being dead?

yes Dewitt, once again some bits quite rushed, and others drawn out. It's just quite patchy, although as i said, something of an improvement over last season episodes.

As long as they stopped saying Key-ara when referring to Ciara I will be happy

• Advertisement
Advertisement