Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is alcohol on sale at Thomond Park gigs?

Options
  • 01-07-2010 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I'll be going to see Bob Dylan at Thomond Park on Sunday and was wondering if I'll be able to buy a few beers while I'm there.

If so, how many bars are at the venue and what are the queues like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

moonage wrote: »
    I'll be going to see Bob Dylan at Thomond Park on Sunday and was wondering if I'll be able to buy a few beers while I'm there.

Drinking and Bar advice for Thomond Park next Sunday........

They keep it all hid, better jump down a manhole, light yourself a candle, don’t wear sandals, try to avoid the scandals, Don’t wanna be a bum, you better chew gum, the Pump don’t work ’Cause the Vandals took the handles.........

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

moonage wrote: »

Yes. Plenty.About 5 mins max usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

There was a huge difference between the bars (and toilet queues!) for Pink compared to say Rod Steward which were alot more accessible and flowing. So you will have no problems at Bob I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »
    Drinking and Bar advice for Thomond Park next Sunday........

They keep it all hid, better jump down a manhole, light yourself a candle, don’t wear sandals, try to avoid the scandals, Don’t wanna be a bum, you better chew gum, the Pump don’t work ’Cause the Vandals took the handles.........

:D That you Bob?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

oh it sure is drunken pictures of me at Pink point that out.

Carlsberg mainly 5 yo yo for a plastic bottle or draught, wine also available there for around 6 yo yo.

I know i got 4 at a time but i didn't see any signs saying a limit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Online01

Hi

any recomendations for good pub after the concert...nothing too mod n pompous (if there is such a thing in Limerick) JK

Also: is there food available inside?? I presume a line of gourmet chip vans outside/

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

i would hit the curragower bar on the riverfront afterwards

kilburn wrote: »
    i would hit the curragower bar on the riverfront afterwards

Nice spot but can it take more than 9 People at once?

(12 counting the toilets!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

If its space you want then try Hassets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

anyone know anywhere for camping sunday nite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Camping curraghchase if you have a car about 15 miles outside city.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

crazzzzy wrote: »
    anyone know anywhere for camping sunday nite?

You can camp out on my balcony,plenty of room.Ill be going to the gig too :p

You can camp out on my balcony,plenty of room.Ill be going to the gig too :p

whats the address haha you going to the bobfest tomorrow nite? is there anywhere not too far from thomond that we could put up a tent sunday?

Camping curraghchase if you have a car about 15 miles outside city.

have car but will be walking after the concert....don't mind if its not an actual campsite as long as can put up tent for the nite

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

have car but will be walking after the concert....don't mind if its not an actual campsite as long as can put up tent for the nite

The Caherdavin soccer pitch by the Greenhills Hotel on the Ennis Road, if you're desperate. It used to have a big sign up saying "No Camping" but that's been missing for a while now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

whats the address haha you going to the bobfest tomorrow nite? is there anywhere not too far from thomond that we could put up a tent sunday?

Im not going to bobfest,I have a neighbour with a mahoosive garden which Im sure he wouldnt mind ye using.

I live near the Jetland which isnt too far from Thomond,when would u need to know?

Im not going to bobfest,I have a neighbour with a mahoosive garden which Im sure he wouldnt mind ye using.

I live near the Jetland which isnt too far from Thomond,when would u need to know?

I'll PM you ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭RINO87

few mates of mine are throwin up tents in the back garden. wouldnt mind a few others coming along for the craic!!! we're just beside L.I.T. Literally a stones throw from thomond!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

any cheap tickets for sale out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

It is not sold out so I reckon you should be able to get a below face value ticket outside the stadium Zuroph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

kilburn wrote: »
    If its space you want then try Hassets ;)

if its your life in danger you want then you should try hassets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Think he has started - or else he is playing out in raheen

So what's the verdict - did he stay alive for the whole thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I ended up going on a last minute whim yesterday and really enjoyed him (which I didn't think I would).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭sioda

I must admit thought the gig was pretty shocking got there halfway into David Grays set and the crowd were almost comatose. As for Dylan himself god is it difficult to say even a hello to the crowd. Never seen so many people leave thomond park before the end of an event before. Its not good but tbh the crowd were more entertaining than the stage acts. Although I did hear seasick steve was pretty kewl

Alabama 3 - Brilliant

Seasick Steve - Amazing

David Gray - Sucked as always.

Bob Dylan - Brilliant, my second time seeing him but I am a hardcore Dylan fan. The greatest hits crowd will always moan.

RonMexico wrote: »
    Alabama 3 - Brilliant

Seasick Steve - Amazing

David Gray - Sucked as always.

Bob Dylan - Brilliant, my second time seeing him but I am a hardcore Dylan fan. The greatest hits crowd will always moan.

There's still something wrong here though - I might need it explained to me as maybe I'm missing some key point, but why is it that he seems to routinely disappoint People who initially had flocked to see him and then end up leaving an hour early disgusted and depressed?

- It also seems as though he is too lazy and arrogant to ever attempt to interact with his audience; That's just arrogant profiteering at the end of the day...... Bet he doesn't mind spending their money......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Raiser wrote: »
    There's still something wrong here though - I might need it explained to me as maybe I'm missing some key point, but why is it that he seems to routinely disappoint People who initially had flocked to see him and then end up leaving an hour early disgusted and depressed?

- It also seems as though he is too lazy and arrogant to ever attempt to interact with his audience; That's just arrogant profiteering at the end of the day...... Bet he doesn't mind spending their money......

Depends, someone who's expecting a Pink style concert will probably hate it, but I've seen Dylan twice and both were great concerts. I don't see why people care if a band says "We were told they knew how to rock in Shelbyville..."

That's not to slag off Pink style concerts, just Dylan isn't that type of musician.

Bob Dylan has been doing the same thing since the sixties. If anyone is surprised by what they got in Thomond Park they obviously don't know much about him. I'd never recommend him to a casual fan, he doesn't cater to that crowd. People accusing him of being arrogant make me laugh. He is probably the most arrogant musician of all time and has been since day one. It is like going to Elton John and being shocked to discover that he is a flamboyant homosexual.

• Advertisement

Meh - Have no time for arrogance on that level.

- Its always the wrong Rock Stars that die from choking on their own vomit :P

Advertisement