Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One hot Fiat! 264 horsepower Fiat 500 Ferrari Dealers Edition

• 01-07-2010 5:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Fiat-500-Ferrari-Dealers-Edition-by-Pogea-Racing-1-650x433.jpg
    Pogea Racing chose a very rare model, the Fiat 500 FERRARI DEALERS EDITION of Abarth. The standard engine is already relatively strong, coming with 165PS and 230Nm. Pogea Racing increases the performance of the small Italian model by adding 100hp on top of the standard engine, producing 268PS and 330 Nm total power.

gallery here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

too bad its ugly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

Surely it's been upgraded from the 1.4! It doesn't say so, but you can't get 265bhp from a 1.4 litre engine and expect it to last!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

why not? when turbocharged this is no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

too bad its ugly!
    Worse, its a Fiat. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

what a piece of ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Somebody in Greystones was quick off the mark with a rep version post-5758-1225601204.gif.....spotted it back in March
    500g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

I'm sorry that is an awesome car. It's like a baby Ferrari!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

I think it´s a great looking car.

But of course for Ireland it is way too brave looking :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Michael 09 wrote: »
    I'm sorry that is an awesome car. It's like a baby Ferrari!!!

Fairly awesome alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

itarumaa wrote: »
    I think it´s a great looking car.

But of course for Ireland it is way too brave looking :)
    For sure, unless it looks like a Vento then it's horrible! :D
    It's a legend car, 265bhp! I think they did a great job of the design too, really modernised a classic even a little better than BMW did with the MINI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd be curious to see how a little FWD thing like that puts 268ps down. Lose the badges, stripes and carbon fibre, paint it a more discreet colour and i'd give it a whirl.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I saw one of these in Spain. Scuderia stripes and everything. It didn't have those halfords bonnet vents though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

265bhp from a 1.4 is asking for bother if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Now that would be fun to drive...The Traffic light GP just got a bit more interesting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

265bhp, front wheel drive, torque steer? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭YraggarY

Somebody in Greystones was quick off the mark with a rep version post-5758-1225601204.gif.....spotted it back in March
    500g.jpg

That one in Greystones isn't actually a "replica" version, it belongs to one of my mates. Those limited editions were given to Ferrari dealers around Europe to give to Ferrari owners when their cars were being serviced. Her father knows a dealer up North, and got it for her as a first car. Its well for some, eh? :pac:

Linkies here:
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/fiat-500-ferrari

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/car_page_content/Fiat_500_Ferraris_courtesy_car.html

bazz26 wrote: »
    265bhp, front wheel drive, torque steer? :eek:

The City button will help that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The City button will help that :p

Better known as the girly button on the old Punto.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Better known as the girly button on the old Punto.

That's it, I got a bit of a shock the first time I drove with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

That's it, I got a bit of a shock the first time I drove with it!

Ha don't act like you didn't use it when you were parking!:rolleyes:

That 500 would be a blast to drive... Huge potential for understeer though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

I'd imagine this putting power down would be like those hayabusa powered mini's - lots and lots of tyre noise, and skittery as feck..! be great craic though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I want one :D

Fiat-500-Ferrari-Dealers-Edition-by-Pogea-Racing-12.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I bet it's a blast to drive but every time I see one it reminds me of a Nissan Micra, with some Korean styling cues around the rear quarter view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

JHMEG wrote: »
    ....every time I see one it reminds me ....some Korean styling cues around the rear quarter view.

...kinda like any Merc, then ? :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

id take that no problem!!

The girlfriend wants a 500.. Im well pushing the Abarth idea!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I used to see one of these Ferrari edition 500's in Rathfarnham a lot, the guy that owned it goes through several high-end cars every year, haven't seen it around in a good while so I doubt he still has it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...kinda like any Merc, then ? :D

The latest E-class is very Korean, and when I first saw an R-class I couldn't believe it wasn't a Ssang Yong, or at least designed by the same lad that did the Rodius.

Advertisement