Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sounding board required please

Options
  • 01-07-2010 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

so i own a 3 bed town house in Balgriffin (99 sq m), theres one up on daft for 325, i think thats wishful thinking though...

This place is rented for 1k a month until Feb 2010.

My family house is available for roughly 360+ and is a 3 bed plus attic room in Clontarf.

My Mortgage stands at around 295k, with one year left at a fixed rate of 4.45

I've tentatively enquired about a new mortgage, with a wage of 60k i can get a mortgage of roughly €285k (60k x 4.75)

I'd like to effectively trade in my house and buy the family house, i cant see a realistic way of making it work - perhaps i'm being negative. I'm a 29 yr old male in a secure job (can travel for work if things get bad).

The issues im aware of:

1) Penalty for leaving a fixed mortgage early
    2) Selling the house in balgriffin in a shocking market
    3) Getting a mortgage (which i can easily afford) from them stingey bankers!

Am i miss reading the situation, or my options, or indeed any other issues?

Thanks
    I.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Sounds like you need to go to a mortgage broker, its been known for family members to swap homes .You,d still need a solicitor ,you swap houses and pay the difference in value, its a legal transaction.But you are likely to be in negative equity on your home at the moment.ITS a complex situation.You can a free estimate of your homes value just by calling an estate agent for a valuation.

Advertisement