Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FYP Grades?

Options
  • 01-07-2010 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I'm about to head into 4th year of Applied Languages and just received my grade for my FYP that I did on Post Modern French Cinema, I was just wondering what is considered a good FYP grade, I'm happy with what I got but would just like to know how it is considered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Couldn't tell you grade wise but I know it's worth 3 modules in our course. I'm interested about this question too; I'd be much obliged if someone could point me in the direction of a Law & Accounting/Business FYP that hit a high mark, I'd be interested in reading one or two to see what's expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

cson wrote: »
    Couldn't tell you grade wise but I know it's worth 3 modules in our course. I'm interested about this question too; I'd be much obliged if someone could point me in the direction of a Law & Accounting/Business FYP that hit a high mark, I'd be interested in reading one or two to see what's expected.

CSON PM me your email and I'll forward you my BBS FYP if you would like - it got an A2.

As for what would be regarded a good FYP, I would say it depends on how much effort you feel you put in, and how new and relevant the material is.
    I mean if you put in little effort and come out with a C3, then you'd kinda have to be happy with it, but if you put in bags of effort and research and had the same result then I'd be annoyed.
    In my opinion, any B-grade upwards would be considered a good grade, especially considering its the only piece of work that you can choose yourself [depending on the department of course] and solely research on a topic you would enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

PM sent Mossin, cheers!

Advertisement