Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC : There is sound but no picture !!

• 01-07-2010 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Turned on the TV this morning and there was sound but no picture.. This happens no and again.. But i just turn off the TV and box and put them on again and it comes on. But after doing that about 20 times and checking all the leads it still wont come on.... I'm using HDMI lead.

The Menus all working ( i can see them) but not the movie or tv show etc.

Anyone any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Can you change channels? and see the program guide?

I.e. you don't happen to be watching bbc3 or some other channel that is offline during the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i can change tv stations and i can hear all the different stations. Just no picture..

turned off the TV and box at the mains for few min's when it came back on I had to re-tune in the stations but they are working now !

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Loose Scart?:o

pajero12 wrote: »
    Loose Scart?:o

it's on hdmi... but i dont really know what was happening ... after i turned it off at the mains I had to re-scan and it came back on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I didn't want to start a new thread but I'm having the same problem. Is this a common thing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

it sounds like HDMI handshake issue, basically the tv and box communicate over HDMI so the source knows what the TV can accept in terms of audio and video, in your cases it may not be working correctly.

try turning the tv on first, then switching on the box, in many cases handshake issues can be solved by the order of events

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

I had the same problem - lots of calls to UPC and new hdmi cable but a new box was the only solution.

Advertisement