Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamullen 2010

Options
  • 01-07-2010 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Everyone,
    we are renting in Drogheda at the moment and thinking of moving closer to Dublin. How is Stamullen today? What are the houses selling for 3 bed semis/ 4 beds etc any idea? I know that here in Drogheda (Southside) you could get a semi-detached 4 bedroom from 200 000 e.

Would you recommend any particular new /old estate etc. ? How about the schools? Is there many there and what are the waiting lists like?

Any more issues with the flooding ? We don't need the buzz Drogheda has just happy with a quite nice area which is safe for the kids, good schools and easy access to Dublin for work/college/few drinks etc.

How about health care what price are the GPs, what hospital do you attend, anything else I need to know?

Thanks!
    progress.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

The "older" of the new estates are Elvana, The Orchard, Gracemeadow and Forgehill. I'm not that familiar with Elvana. The Orchard has 3 and 4 bed semi-detached houses, 4 bed dormer bungalows and 4 bed detached houses. Gracemeadow and Forgehill have a mix of 3 bed terrached and semi-detached, 4 bed semi-detached and detached. You could try Daft and myhome.ie, the local estate agents Sullivans in Balbriggan or Wall Estates in Stamullen in relation to property prices. Personally I prefer this side of Stamullen to live. There are two more large estates, Kilbreck, Glasheen and Silverstream after you pass through the village.

The Orchard, Gracemeadow and Forgehill are very handy for the school. The local national school is St Patricks (website being updated http://www.stamullenns.ie). They built a brand new school in summer 2009 and it's a lovely facility. I haven't heard any bad reports about the school. AFAIK there are no issues in relation to waiting lists. It would be worth phoning them for a chat though.

I don't know of any issues in relation to flooding but obviously your particular choice of house would need to be checked individually.

There is a GP surgery in St Clares nursing home and in Naul that are good. I particularly like Dr Susan Keenan in Naul. I've attended both OLOL and Temple Street depending on the problem.

The train service from Gormanston has improved in the last few years. Lovely big car park and it's the last stop on the train where you are guaranteed a seat at rush hour in the mornings. It's expensive though compared to Balbriggan. I tend to use Balbriggan Station at weekends if going anywhere with hubbie and kids to save a few cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 OwnHome

Thank You Posher,
    we will go and have a look at estates mentioned over the summer. Hopefully it will be affordable late year as well.

Would there be any busservice to train or dublin, just thinking of when kids go to college? How long wud it take with car from Stamullen to get to O'connolly street Saturday morning for example? The occupants in the "older" estates would they be dubliners or ?

Do you know anything about the new development Silverstream what would you say about the location?

Thanks again,
    Ira

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

The journey from Stamullen to O'Connell Street with minimal traffic would be about 35 to 40 mins. Both the bus stop and train are a short drive away. While you can walk it in the summer - about 25 to 35 mins walk, the road is too dangerous to walk in the dark so you can't walk it during winter.

Yes most of the occupants of "older" estates are Dubliners. I find a fair few used to live in Balbriggan and moved on to Stamullen from there. There are most Dublin jerseys on GAA days.

Sorry don't know anything about Silverstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭rpurfield

own home your better off avoiding silverstream the houses that are built are only a quarter of whats planned over all and the roads look only half finished.i live in glasheen and its quiet enough on my road anyway but it seems the estates up the other side of the village are nice too.id avoid the grange though i looked at houses in there when we were buying and they are very poor quality in fact we looked at houses in all estates in stamullen and i thought they were the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 CareBear2008

Have I heard correctly that Stramullen have a new GP practice and that Dr Gabby Murilo will be practicing there? Any more info???

• Advertisement
Advertisement