Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic surgery

Options
  • 01-07-2010 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi guys,

I'm a local journalist and I'm hoping to do a feature on plastic surgery. I'm looking for people who would be willing to talk about what procedure they have had done and whether the experience was worth it at the end.
    There are now two clinics offering procedures in the city so there must be a demand for it. If anyone can be of help please let me know, private message me if you want. Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rjr2

I'd imagine most plastic surgery is not for cosmetic reasons but rather due to burns or other accidents so maybe not the story your looking for

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Topic re-opened following discussion with said journalist. The journalist is working for the News & Star. Feel free to make your contributions here or over PM with the OP. :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I guess I'll open it for you so Sully, taking off the lock might be handy aye;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I guess I'll open it for you so Sully, taking off the lock might be handy aye;)

Just testing you dude :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

rjr2 wrote: »
    I'd imagine most plastic surgery is not for cosmetic reasons but rather due to burns or other accidents so maybe not the story your looking for

actually there is a massive amount of elective cosmetic surgery for enhancement purposes....
    not sure on the stats exactly for non elective vs elective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Ms MEL

From speaking to a local surgeon the numbers seeking enhancements is rising. The surgeon said he see's thirty people a month in Waterford, which means the figure is higher when you factor in the number of surgeons operating in the city. Breast enhancements are most common with women, surprisingly the opposite is most common for men - a breast reduction!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Ms MEL wrote: »
    From speaking to a local surgeon the numbers seeking enhancements is rising. The surgeon said he see's thirty people a month in Waterford, which means the figure is higher when you factor in the number of surgeons operating in the city. Breast enhancements are most common with women, surprisingly the opposite is most common for men - a breast reduction!

I'm surprised the number is that high, specially considering that people don't have as much disposable income as they used to. I do know of quite a lot of women who have had breast implants though, a lot more than I would have thought.

By the way, sorry to be pedantic but there's no apostrophe in "sees". You said you're a journalist and I go insane when I see things like this in the printed press.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ms MEL

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I'm surprised the number is that high, specially considering that people don't have as much disposable income as they used to. I do know of quite a lot of women who have had breast implants though, a lot more than I would have thought.

By the way, sorry to be pedantic but there's no apostrophe in "sees". You said you're a journalist and I go insane when I see things like this in the printed press.

That's exactly why we have proof readers! I'm afraid I don't have one at my disposal for forum posts. :)
    There was a dip in 2007 but figures are back to what they were previous to that and continuing to rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

I had my penis extended by 3 feet and also widended by 1 foot.
    I can now happily play snooker without the Q and go golfing without my clubs
    I also had a small job done on my 0-ring so the 1 foot wide can go under and up & in

I also got 77 double D breasts installed into my chest

highly recommended

I had my penis extended by 3 feet and also widended by 1 foot.
    I can now happily play snooker without the Q and go golfing without my clubs
    I also had a small job done on my 0-ring so the 1 foot wide can go under and up & in

I also got 77 double D breasts installed into my chest

highly recommended

Shame it wasn't long enough to avoid getting a ban, eh? One of the downsides to the surgery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 camper111

What did u find out and did u get good feedback about d surgeon in Waterford as i'd lv surgery as iv'e lost severe weight secondary to anorexia nervous some yrs ago ):

Advertisement