Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid rabbit???

Options
  • 01-07-2010 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Would love a bit of input from the rabbit owners out there.

We recently built our house rabbits an outdoor run attached to an extra hutch we have, they can come and go between the hutch and run as they please. Then yesterday evening it started raining, we didn't realise straight away and when we went out to get them they were sat in the rain!! Not even in a sheltered spot, never mind in the hutch. They hop in and out of the hutch during the day so they know how to get in, so why aren't they using it when it's raining? Now I'm paranoid if I'm not arround to immediatly get them in when it starts to rain they'll catch cold.

So what do you think, stupid rabbits or they don't need as much shelter as I think they do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's like a big rabbit rock festival! (in Ireland)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Rabbit love the rain! Mine will sit out in the rain too, but if it gets very heavy they usually go inside, so they don't get soaked, just a bit damp. If it's not very cold out, and they don't get soaked they should be ok. You could always put a plastic sheet or some boards on top of the run or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Haven't had a rabbit in a while, but our old dutch rabbit used to do this too. It could've been pouring rain but he'd stand in the outside run standing up and sniffing at the sky and seemed to enjoy it, Id say their hardier things than we think, definetely not stupid anyways.

Advertisement