Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Higher level English & Business - HELP!

• 01-07-2010 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,

I am repeating the above as a mature student in 2011 and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what books and materials are required for HL Business and what version of Hamlet is required for HL English?
    First time round was in 2002 so Im way outta the loop with all of this..

Any help is appreciated!

Peachy:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Peachy84 wrote: »

what version of Hamlet is required for HL English?

Don't know any books but this link is cool. It translates shakespearian language into modern day

http://nfs.sparknotes.com/hamlet/page_2.html

This one does scene by scene analysis

http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/hamlet/

This guy puts an interesting spin on Hamlet

http://www.pathguy.com/hamlet.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Peachy84

Well good afternoon Pathway33...just had a look at sparknotes its so cool I wish they had of had something like this first time round would of been so handy!

Any chance anyone on here can advise on Business?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Hi,

I am repeating the above as a mature student in 2011 and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what books and materials are required for HL Business and what version of Hamlet is required for HL English?
    First time round was in 2002 so Im way outta the loop with all of this..

Any help is appreciated!

Peachy:D

can i give you a tip for hamlet? you get good marks for answering the exact question on the day, so the version of text you get is irrelevant. summarising the plot or using notes that are not your own opinions will not lead to a high mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Peachy84

Thanks for that I just wanted to see whats in use at the minute..but will just get anyone I can now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

will just get anyone I can

I'd say don't just pick up anyone you can. Look out for one with some sort of character analysis anyway. If it had Leaving Cert 2011 on the front of it that would be better again. There are ones for university students which would have articles by critics in the back but may not be suitable for the type of questions you get at leaving cert. Think about the size of book you want. Do you want one with wide margins so you can annotate or are you just a highlighter. Feel the paper. Will the highlighter go through to the next page. I have seen grown men cry when this happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭gaeilge-abú

http://forum-publications.com/books.htm .. very good Hamlet book,poetry books are good from this site too! hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

The Business World is a great textbook for business. What is most important in business is the exam papers. Learn how to answer questions by using the marking schemes online which will show you what the exam actually requires. Business is a doable subject in one year and if you work hard at it you will be rewarded. It is essentially just learning off facts and examples. The exam papers are a great guide.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are no official text books. They all have bits of the syllabus missing, due to publisher's space constraints.

The proper guide to what must be covered in any subject (and what can appear on examination papers) is the syllabus, not text books, not teachers 'who know', not exam papers, the SYLLABUS.

Advertisement