Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good driving instructor

Options
  • 01-07-2010 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of a good driving instructor in the Naas or Newbridge area? there are a lot of them out there but also a lot of cowboys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i passed with john mcmahon, he was in sallins at the time but dont know if he still does it, it was in 04

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I got lessons with Eroline from Eroline's School of Motoring in Naas. I found her great and I passed my test first time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Ann in Naas School of Motoring. She is a diamond. Tough. But brilliant. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

convert wrote: »
    I got lessons with Eroline from Eroline's School of Motoring in Naas. I found her great and I passed my test first time! :D

+1 for Eroline:

http://www.goldenpages.ie/Driving_Schools/Eroline_School_of_Motoring/IE_11386939_9999_1001

She's taught a few people that I know how to drive and they all passed first time - she's very positive and constructive. Her husband runs their driving school with her - he's very good too apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

i actually went in today and had a chat with ann from naas driving school, she seemed really nice ,friendly and helpful, so i think ill go with her. will keep an eye on this thread too though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

i will put a word in for leinster school of motoring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 music.babe75

I found Michaels School of Motoring in Naas was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Kilashee school of motoring in Naas, Conleth Kelly. Passed first time :)
    087-9244117, 045-897531

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

i actually went in today and had a chat with ann from naas driving school, she seemed really nice ,friendly and helpful, so i think ill go with her. will keep an eye on this thread too though!!

You'll have no regrets. She is fantastic. We both passed our test first time thanks to her. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭catiny

yeah naas school of motoring is the job, handy if you're using there car for the test as it is right beside the test centre!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭alabandical

I found Michaels School of Motoring in Naas was very good

Totally agree. Michael's great, very nice man, very patient and meself and three other people I know passed first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Fudge74 wrote: »
    Ann in Naas School of Motoring. She is a diamond. Tough. But brilliant. :)

the school appeared to be good at first, but now I am not so sure anymore. the guy I have seems to have little patience for slower learners and I have not learnt jack in three lessons. we just seem to the stuff that I can do and avoid whta I find difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Fuinseog wrote: »
    the school appeared to be good at first, but now I am not so sure anymore. the guy I have seems to have little patience for slower learners and I have not learnt jack in three lessons. we just seem to the stuff that I can do and avoid whta I find difficult.

If you're not happy with a particular instructor, book a lesson with someone else. That way you'll get a better sense of how good/bad your current instructor is. Sometimes an instructor and student just don't click, and if that happens it's better to change than just sit and put up with it, as you won't be happy and so won't learn to the same extent as you would with somebody with whom you'd get on better.

The same happened my OH when they were preparing for their driving test. They didn't change instructor and ended up failing the test, even though the instructor had told them they'd pass. They applied for another test and changed instructor and said that the difference between the quality of the instruction was unbelievable, not to mention the fact that they had a much better relationship with the instructor. Needless to say they passed the test the next time they sat it.

Best of luck, and let us know how you get on if you decide to change instructor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Fuinseog wrote: »

I found NSM by and large very good when I was learning 10 years ago, and my gf is learning with them now and seems to be getting on grand. I did however find that there were one or two instructors I just couldnt get on with. I think its the same in every driving school, so its worth trying a few different instructors within the same school even until you are happy with one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Alert School Of Motoring. Guy is Lee Richards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Alert School Of Motoring. Guy is Lee Richards.

oh no no no. I tried him and it just did not work out. I am an instructor of a different kind in my professional life and have expectations taht were not fulfilled.

I won't go into detail as it could be interpreted as slanderous. as others have pointed out some instructors suit some people better than others.

I will take a break from driving for a while as at the moment I feel as if I am throwing away good money after bad and I won't learn to drive in a few weeks. I don't think Naas cares either way.

Advertisement