Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

light question

Options
  • 01-07-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Putting a Freezer in a Small Shed

Hi i need to put a Freezer in a Small Brick Shed its about 5ft x 3ft ,
    i used to use this shed as an every day shed

Also i was going to run an extension lead from the main house out to the shed so i can have power will this be ok and safe enough any recommendations please ?...

Or should i run a cable to shed i house is about 3 feet away from shed i was thinking of having a light in here too.

Any clues

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you don't need to rcd the freezer now

fit a sub-board if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

as m cebee says, you dont need an rcd for freezers now but it must be either
    1. a fixed outlet from a circuit not protected by an rcd(switched fused spur ,to prevent connection of other appliances )
    2. a dedicated socket-outlet circuit protected by its own separate rcd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

true

don't like the rcbo for freezer though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

could u explain what the rcd is

i really am not to sure how to go about it can anyone simplify it

my shed is about 4 feet away from house i have a double socket inside house which would be my nearest electrical out let

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

A residual-current device (RCD) is an electrical wiring device that disconnects a circuit whenever it detects that the electric current is not balanced between the energized conductor and the return neutral conductor. Such an imbalance is sometimes caused by current leakage through the body of a person who is grounded and accidentally touching the energized part of the circuit. A lethal shock can result from these conditions. RCDs are designed to disconnect quickly enough to mitigate the harm caused by such shocks although they are not intended to provide protection against overload or short-circuit conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

is harder than i thought aghhhhhhhhhhhhh

maybe im over my depth now

Advertisement