Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

gibson wrote: »
    lol at the fake mustache :pac: :D

I have to admit I cant remember Robin getting booked were his tackles as bad as Van Bommel or the others? I think I was more hoping the match would actually get exciting at some point haha :D

TBH I can't either all I can remember is Van Bommel nearly breaking that lads leg and De Jongs Jackie Chan impression on Alonso!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

gandalf wrote: »
    De Jongs Jackie Chan impression on Alonso!

Shouldve been red ref obviously saw it if he gave a yellow, how the hell did he think that was yellow :confused: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Borus to Fiorentina for €3m - Frey to us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I have to admit I cant remember Robin getting booked were his tackles as bad as Van Bommel or the others? I think I was more hoping the match would actually get exciting at some point haha :D

First foul of the game in the first minute. Managed to get his foot into the back of a Spain player's leg. Got a warning. Booked later for a late foul/trip. First foul warranted a yellow IMO, but he was let off. Second foul probably wasn't worth a yellow, but on top of the first yeah.
    Certainly not as bad as Van Bommel's fouling spree or De Jong's superkick. One of the worst I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

• Advertisement

Well its disappointing if that's the case, 15.6m being handed to a player going on 29 and was injured for a great deal of last season. i just think there would be better and younger options for as much, maybe for a little more and other options perhaps even alot cheaper. Only my opinion.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Anyone else have an image in their head of Wenger wearing a afke mustache and magic hat while trying to avoid the Barcelona heirarchy??

"'Ellooo, My name is Guy Icognito!!! " :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

With the possible firesale at Liverpool:rolleyes: Why does Arsene not even make an enquiry about Pepe Reina:confused:

I think the funny season starts now with all the speculation about Joe Cole to quote a mate "Joe Cole is 5ft 6", has great tecnique & is injury prone....... he'll fit right in!!"

Now that Arsene has returned from South Africa wonder where his thoughts are now only Arsene knows:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

With the possible firesale at Liverpool:rolleyes: Why does Arsene not even make an enquiry about Pepe Reina:confused:

I think the funny season starts now with all the speculation about Joe Cole to quote a mate "Joe Cole is 5ft 6", has great tecnique & is injury prone....... he'll fit right in!!"

Now that Arsene has returned from South Africa wonder where his thoughts are now only Arsene knows:)

Not looking beyond Barnet on Saturday :p:p

Well its disappointing if that's the case, 15.6m being handed to a player going on 29 and was injured for a great deal of last season. i just think there would be better and younger options for as much, maybe for a little more and other options perhaps even alot cheaper. Only my opinion.

"'Ellooo, My name is Guy Icognito!!! " :D

£15.6m :eek::eek: and were suppose to be careful with money! :confused:

Thats a lot to give Cole, I hope thats not 15.6m gone from out supposed £30-£35m transfer kitty, probably is though.

I would love to see Reina at Arsenal, anyone read that story before the world cup that we had a bid rejected? There was probably nothing to the story but who knows what goes on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If £100k a week is the total fee, I think it's decent value. You have to remember he'll be getting a nice sign on bonus. Let's just say that sign on bonus was set at £3.12m, that would make his wages £80k a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Borus to Fiorentina for €3m - Frey to us?
    Wondered about that myself - must mean he's on the move anyway.

His Wiki says he plays for Sunderland :eek:

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Wondered about that myself - must mean he's on the move anyway.

His Wiki says he plays for Sunderland :eek:

haha it said he plays for Arsenal earlier ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd love to see Reina at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

cson wrote: »

i'd love Cesc at Liverpool.

i like this game.

:D

Altho Reina signed a new huge contract recently didnt he? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

cson wrote: »
    Do the deed.

Maybe Hodgson will read it and just assume he's been sold...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Altho Reina signed a new huge contract recently didnt he? :(

very much so.

to be fair, if you get Schwarzer like the rumours are saying, it'll be a vast improvement.

SlickRic wrote: »
    very much so.

to be fair, if you get Schwarzer like the rumours are saying, it'll be a vast improvement.

well ye a one armed monkey is better than what weve got but getting schwarzer if Frey was available? that might be a little hard to take!

Anyone just see Cesc in the Barcelona top on SSN during the spanish celebrations, think it was forced on him :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

yea, Real Madrid have nothing on those lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Anyone just see Cesc in the Barcelona top on SSN during the spanish celebrations, think it was forced on him :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

THE LACK OF RESPECT these barca players have shown arsenal is astonishing,it they really think they are above the rules in football.

THE LACK OF RESPECT these barca players have shown arsenal is astonishing,it they really think they are above the rules in football.

Absolute disgrace, I don't normally follow Spanish football but I will nxt season, Anyone But Barcelona :mad::mad::mad:

128934776.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1278972794&Signature=XXdkjUP2p53IpsOpH9ooEZSH28M%3D

L'prof wrote: »
    128934776.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1278972794&Signature=XXdkjUP2p53IpsOpH9ooEZSH28M%3D

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Disgusted. Kinda feel a little bit of sick in my throat.

Is that Reina who said future of Barcelona :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's it. I'm jumping ship.

C'MON REAL MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Galvasean wrote: »
    That's it. I'm jumping ship.

C'MON REAL MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone but Barcelona imo and that includes the spuds :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Lads they are all locked in fairness

Drinking since last night ffs!

I wouldnt look to much into it - still expect Cesc to be a Gunner next season to be honest.

• Advertisement

Lets sell Fab to Madrid for £10 million. It'll be totally worth it!

redout wrote: »

I wouldnt look to much into it - still expect Cesc to be a Gunner next season to be honest.

Its more than just tonight though

Someone tried put a Man United shirt on me during the Champions League final when they played Chelsea a while back. I was locked but you can bet the shirt didn't get anywhere near my skin! (no disrespect intended United fans, but I'm a monogomous Gunner :cool:)

Wake up and smell the coffee, it was on him because Cesc wanted it on him.....Sorry to say but he is OUTTA HERE!! I had great respect for the way Cesc conducted himself up to this point but that is bad form out of him

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I for one don't give a **** about Fabregas or Spain or anyone else.

I am just sick and tired of our club being ridiculed. Drunk or not, he is our club captain ffs, that is disgraceful.

I know that incident wasn't his fault but something must be done and done fast. Obviously Wenger and the club don't have the balls to come out and attack the Barcelona players for their behaviour, but he must say something.

Wake up and smell the coffee, it was on him because Cesc wanted it on him.....Sorry to say but he is OUTTA HERE!! I had great respect for the way Cesc conducted himself up to this point but that is bad form out of him

He'll still be here next season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

ok forget what I said about signing Reina earlier If I see him I will deck him along with Puyol:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C36LisjvNuA

I agree, actually I was saying a couple a weeks ago that Cesc should have come out sooner to clarify things

ok forget what I said about signing Reina earlier If I see him I will deck him along with Puyol:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C36LisjvNuA

Anybody else see him saying "Oh my God!"?

If I see him I will deck him along with Puyol:mad:
    I seriously doubt it.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I seriously doubt it.

Someone should shove a Man Utd top on him :p

• Advertisement

I don't know how to feel about Fabregas anymore. I love the bloke, fantastic player.

But with all this constant ****e and ridicule of the club, I would be tempted to take the 50m and rebuild.

The reason though that I am not fully behind that though is, we all know that we could get 100m for Fabregas and the majority would not be spent on improving the side.

Either way it all looks bad for us.

Someone should shove a Man Utd top on him :p
    I'd genuinely love to see them try.

Anybody else see him saying "Oh my God!"?

I think he is on his way anyway but having actually looked at it there is little he could do about that only laugh it off. why does Pepe Reina give a flying f*** where Cesc plays in 2010/11? Probably the thoughts of him, one on one bearing down on the Liverpool goal in august :D
    Barcelona always deploy this tactic to snare players and sure i suppose as far as they are concerned, 'All's fair in love and war'.
    Don't forget also Peter Hillwood got the ball rolling and the old fart talked down his value at the same time by saying he'd only be a sub

I think he is on his way anyway but having actually looked at it there is little he could do about that only laugh it off. why does Pepe Reina give a flying f*** where Cesc plays in 2010/11? Probably the thoughts of him, one on one bearing down on the Liverpool goal in august :D
    Barcelona always deploy this tactic to snare players and sure i suppose as far as they are concerned, 'All's fair in love and war'.
    Don't forget also Peter Hillwood got the ball rolling and the old fart talked down his value at the same time by saying he'd only be a sub

Reina - He has Barca DNA :pac:

Total overreaction tbh lads.

I don't think so, they're just fed up of the whole thing and písséd off that it's been allowed to continue. It's an absolute farce, even if I haven't given it much attention!

Easy to say when it's not your club and captaincy being ridiculed isn't it?

Incredible these Barca *****, actually make me want to cheer on Mourinho, Ronaldo and Real Madrid...

Never would I thought I would back those ***** in any match but at least they have some resemblence of class at that football club.

Put yourself in our shoes. Your most indespensible player partying in an Inter Milan shirt with a bunch of Inter players who have spent the last few months talking about how they can't wait for him to join them.

DB10 wrote: »

They are drunk - get over it ffs!

Incredible these Barca *****, actually make me want to cheer on Mourinho, Ronaldo and Real Madrid...

Never would I thought I would back those ***** in any match but at least they have some resemblence of class at that football club.
    :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I would cheer the spuds over them now :mad:

at least they have some resemblence of class at that football club.

Their pursuit of Christiano Ronaldo wasn't much better TBF.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement