Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

L'prof wrote: »
    Well if you want to offset Eduardo leaving so we can bring in Cole...

Cole's rumoured to be looking for £110k a week for 3 years, I'm just going to assume that includes his signing on bonus. So that's £17.2m. We're rumoured to be selling Eduardo for £7.5m, so that would be £9.7m. I'm going to take a guess and say that Eduardo is on £50k a week, that would be £7.8m over the 3 years. So that would take the Cole transfer down to £1.9m or an extra £12.1k a week. Is getting rid of Eduardo and bringing in Cole worth spending an extra £12.1k a week? Absolutely!

hmm interesting way of looking at it, not sure Arsene would offer 110k though, Liverpool are only going as high as 90k and they'd know they'd have to offer more because they cant give him Champions League football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

gibson wrote: »
    hmm interesting way of looking at it, not sure Arsene would offer 110k though, Liverpool are only going as high as 90k and they'd know they'd have to offer more because they cant give him Champions League football

No, but I think he'd offer £80/90k a week + a £4.7/3.1m signing on fee, which would amount to the same thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Factor in Gallas, Silvestre and Sol's wages and only added kos and chamakh.

I'd guess we're well within our previous means if we were to get Cole which i hope we do.

No, but I think he'd offer £80/90k a week + a £4.7/3.1m signing on fee, which would amount to the same thing!

ah right get what you mean now! :D

I'd love to see Wilshere get a chance if Eduardo is sold, he's probably more suited to the central midfield position but when Rosicky, Nasri and Walcott werent performing on the wings I cant see Jack doing any worse

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm still hoping Campbell will stay. It doesn't look too likely but you never know.

Wilshere will be blooded in the wide roles but he's a definite future #10!

• Advertisement

I'm still hoping Campbell will stay. It doesn't look too likely but you never know.

Wilshere will be blooded in the wide roles but he's a definite future #10!

not if RVP gets the jersey like he wants ;)

Old man van Persie is already going grey :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Latest is that he's apparently decided on Newcastle. He surprised me in his short return stint at the club but that could be down to him feeling he'd a point to prove. Whether he could maintain that,even as a squad player,over a season is hard to know.

Old man van Persie is already going grey :p

lol hes 27 i could see him here for a few more season yet

Gunnerblog reckons the Eduardo deal is done and for €7m, which is just a little under £6m. Still a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gunnerblog reckons the Eduardo deal is done and for €7m, which is just a little under £6m. Still a good deal.

For a striker who's scared ****less to shoot, id take the money and run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Will Big Nik finally get his number 9 then??

Nick wanted #7.

I read last season that Nik asked Edu for number 9 because "he is first choice striker"..and Edu told him to f*ck off.....

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/28149/Arsenals_Bendtner_I_wanted_Eduardo%E2%80%99s_no_9__he_wanted_Clichy%E2%80%99s_22.aspx

I read last season that Nik asked Edu for number 9 because "he is first choice striker"..and Edu told him to f*ck off.....

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/28149/Arsenals_Bendtner_I_wanted_Eduardo%E2%80%99s_no_9__he_wanted_Clichy%E2%80%99s_22.aspx

LOL. Reminds me of Les Ferdinand wanting the 99 shirt for Newcastle when Shearer joined. I've never gotten why players put so much store in what number they wear?! Just stick them out in 1-11 i say.:)

If Nik HAD gotten the 99 shirt we'd have been able to make lovely remarks like.....what'll we get today?the cream or the flake?.....of course.....Almunia will always be the cone.

If Nik HAD gotten the 99 shirt we'd have been able to make lovely remarks like.....what'll we get today?the cream or the flake?.....of course.....Almunia will always be the cone.

Or given his penchant for public exposure maybe he'd be better with the 69 shirt!:pac:

anyone read the story that hes engaged to a baroness and their expecting their first kid. hes 22 shes 35 lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

anyone read the story that hes engaged to a baroness and their expecting their first kid. hes 22 shes 35 lol :D

Yeah I saw that she's also ubber rich because she divorced some rich banker and got 400 million, not half bad Nicky! I don't think she's an airhead WAG by any means now! :D

Hopefully this will improve his game!

Yeah I saw that she's also ubber rich because she divorced some rich banker and got 400 million, not half bad Nicky! I don't think she's an airhead WAG by any means now! :D

Hopefully this will improve his game!

Nicky is the airhead in that relationship :D

• Advertisement

Paleface wrote: »
    The rags are saying Everton have turned down a bid for Phil Jagielka. Would be a good signing but I can't see Everton selling. Only for rediculous money. The idea of Arsenal spending rediculous money is ... rediculous!

14m? Well it would buy us a great centre half and a FAR BETTER GOALKEEPER then what we have :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I don't think i've ever hated someone more in football than Carlos Puyol....

Those comments are sickening. Cesc is staying this season and i pray we win something for him if he is going next season. Because of Jose stays at Madrid for a few years Cesc won't be winning anything over there, Jose does not lose.

Yea Puyol is making an ass of himself with those comments. Hopefully Real madrid wipe the floor with barca next year to make Cesc think again. Also Arsneal need to win something this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Saw these snippets on the BBC Football Gossip Section.
    Spanish World Cup winner Carles Puyol has called on Arsenal to show midfielder Cesc Fabregas some respect by allowing him to join him at Barcelona. "I have just spent six weeks with him and there is only one club he wants to be at," said Puyol

FFS its never ending from these muppets. Imagine the war that wouldn't have broken out if we tried this kind of tapping up with Messi for example. As someone has already said I hope Real hand them their asses this coming season.

Also in there today.
    Arsenal are ready to offer £18m to sign Everton defender Phil Jagielka.

That is crazy money, there is no way he is worth that. I assume and hope its just a vapourware story.

And looks like "The fox in the box" could be coming back to the Premiership.
    Former Arsenal and Everton forward Francis Jeffers will have a trial with Premier League newcomers Blackpool this week after being released by Sheffield Wednesday at the end of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

will chamakh be the main striker now with Van Persie relegated to a second striker role or he just a sub if VP gets injured again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Depends if one of them can adapt to a wide role, i do not want to see RVP on a wing after his displays in the center last year.

A Wing back formation wouldn't shock me this year.

3 2 3 2 ? like

Makes sense in my head, Clichy and Sagna acting as our wingers as opposed to overlapping wingers.

I love the 4-3-3 but cannot see us using it again next season especially if we do sign joe cole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Depends if one of them can adapt to a wide role, i do not want to see RVP on a wing after his displays in the center last year.

A Wing back formation wouldn't shock me this year.

3 2 3 2 ? like

Makes sense in my head, Clichy and Sagna acting as our wingers as opposed to overlapping wingers.

I love the 4-3-3 but cannot see us using it again next season especially if we do sign joe cole.

As in 3 centre backs?

I couldnt see us doing that, just because at present we would have no CBs on bench then. Or is one of the CBs Song in a more holding/defensive position than usual?

Anyone else really really impressed with Frimpong against Barnet? I always thought Eastmond was decent but Frimpong looked immense. I know its only Barnet but still.

Wilshere was fantastic again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Sooooooo, did we even look like signing anyone so far this week?

Just watched the highlights of the Barnet game there, I know it was poor opposition but was impressed by Wilshere and Shava.

Also, Merida scored two goals in his first game for Atletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Joe Cole has signed for Liverpool so we can rule that signing out.

• Advertisement

... aww, we'll just have to go for Ozil instead! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Thank god for that, last position we needed, money can be spent on more needed positions. We had tabled an offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

TBH the only reason we all faniced Cole is that he was a free transfer. Not to unhappy that he has signed for Liverpool we already have plenty of attacking midfielder options. We really need to see movement on a Goalie and another Centre Back imho !

(Although Ozil will be nice if we got him :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I wanted Cole at first but in the end that just turned to meh. Injury prone, didn't look great at the world cup, and another guy playing on the wing who isn't actually a winger.

He would have been useful and I think he's a very good signing for Liverpool, but Arsenal really need a proper winger playing on the wing. Already enough players like Arshavin, Rosicky and Nasri playing wide who are really central players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Seriously Arsene, sign a goalkeeper already!

what a money grabbing twat Liverpool are going to find it hard to get into the top 4 again with City strengthening and who knows who might leave Liverpool in the mean time.

Cole said he wanted Champions League football...guess not lol

Wenger did say Cole was a maybe so I wonder if he'll look for someone else or was it literally because he was free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

I'm pretty certain it was just cause he was free and was a player he liked. I'd say had Rosicky left or had Arshavin still being grumbling we might have got him in but in retrospect I'd say we never had that firm an interest beyond enquiries.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/szczesny-i-don-t-want-to-go-on-loan-again

Looks like the Pole wants to stay and fight for his place

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/szczesny-i-don-t-want-to-go-on-loan-again

Looks like the Pole wants to stay and fight for his place

I'd rather he went out on loan, maybe to a Championship team so we could get a better idea of his capabilities.

Having said that he can't be much worse than our other options atm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I like how we refer to him as the Pole because his name is so hard to spell.

Galvasean wrote: »

I look it up every time...our Szczęsny's great:

I may have posted that before!

• Advertisement

Any of you guys on Football Identity? Theres a good few from the football forums on here on different teams...match tonight for me hopefully playing up front :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Any of you guys on Football Identity? Theres a good few from the football forums on here on different teams...match tonight for me hopefully playing up front :D
    Nah too complicated :P, anyone doing an Arsenal fantasy football league this year? :D

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Nah too complicated :P, anyone doing an Arsenal fantasy football league this year? :D

ah its not complicated at all! it does take a few matches to get use to it but its fairly alright

ah its not complicated at all! it does take a few matches to get use to it but its fairly alright

Sell it to us, what's it all about?

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'd rather he went out on loan, maybe to a Championship team so we could get a better idea of his capabilities.

Having said that he can't be much worse than our other options atm...

A year in the championship would have suited alright. Not many keepers are going to make their break through at 20 years of age at a club as big as The Arsenal. If Arsene sticks with his current no.1 and 2 i cant imagine our Polish friend would be happy. From the interview ive a feeling he would happily go on loan after christmas if things didnt work out in the mean time.

Galvasean wrote: »

So many consonants so little vowels :(

Sell it to us, what's it all about?

It's the future of football :D

No seriously its alot of fun theres a video on youtube you can see what its like but i warn you dont judge it on that! its only a small tutorial video that i thought was sh*t but once you play it its fun.

Basically everyone has a move to make which you do by an arrow if you dont have the ball, i.e. you make a run or track a man to defend. If you have the ball obviously you can dribble, pass, shoot whatever. It's quite tactical though like you can play a proper offside line if you've got 4 active defenders (online defenders and not bots playing)

You train every day and your stats go up, obviously at the start their cack but you just have to make sure you train everyday, which is only like 2 mouse clicks! If anyone is interested try PM highgiant hes my manager and can probably sell it better :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Sell it to us
    I wish the man who inspired your name change would say the same... preferably to a club with some good CB/keeper options.

Disappointed the Buffon rumours faded away.

I never really expected us to get him but it was nice being linked with a decent keeper for once rather that the confusingly bigged up Schwarzer and Sorensen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Yeah was nice in a pipe dream kind of way. Though I have to say, his appearance figures for the last two seasons were a bit alarming so oddly, I wasn't actually too disappointed that it never took off.

I'd be a bit disappointed if all the talk (and I'm sure there's hunting going on behind the scenes - there's been too much smoke at this stage) comes to nothing though. My main interest in the Buffon rumours was that it suggested we were really going for some serious defensive signings this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

I sometimes wonder does Wenger still have is communion money!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement