Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Wont Vito mannone be coming back at the end of this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Wont Vito mannone be coming back at the end of this season?
    I'd be surprised - I think once Szczesny jumped ahead of him in the queue, that was his race run. I'd certainly expect him to move.

He's been in and out of the team at Hull though so not sure if he'll stay there or somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I want Jens to get a premier league medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Galvasean wrote: »
    I want Jens to get another premier league medal.

fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Galvasean wrote: »
    I want Jens to get a premier league medal.

Do you not have to play a certain number of games?

• Advertisement

You have to play 10, but can make a request in extraordinary circumstances. I think aving our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th choice goalkeepers being injured at the same time merits extraordinary circumstance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Papa Smut wrote: »
    You have to play 10, but can make a request in extraordinary circumstances. I think aving our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th choice goalkeepers being injured at the same time merits extraordinary circumstance!

Don't worry, Manny will probably drop his :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Papa Smut wrote: »

Ah that brings back memories of keown making sub appearances the last few games to make the 10, in the birmingham game, Keown was waiting to go on as the last sub and wenger(messing) told parlour to get ready, the look on keowns face was priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

People asking if im going city? I dont kiss the Arsenal badge then leave <3 this club in my heart!
    5 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

scaled.php?tn=0&server=640&filename=jpqja.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Future Captain Jack!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Don't think it's been posted yet http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13054948.stm

What do yous guys think? I kinda assumed that the Arsenal supporters trust would sell up to Kroenke. I guess it's probably a good thing as they'll still have a say in the running of the club :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Souless wrote: »
    Don't think it's been posted yet http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13054948.stm

What do yous guys think? I kinda assumed that the Arsenal supporters trust would sell up to Kroenke. I guess it's probably a good thing as they'll still have a say in the running of the club :)

Hope they don't have a gimp doing the talking to him. They're right not to sell but should make it clear it's not against him it's a principle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

amacachi wrote: »
    Hope they don't have a gimp doing the talking to him. They're right not to sell but should make it clear it's not against him it's a principle.

Assuming Tim Payton is the one leading talks, then it will be fine, the AST are on good terms with Kroenke and also now support Red and White holdings.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

Didnt Kroenke encourage the trust? I think its the media blowing it out of proportion, he had to make an offer to buy the shares by law.

Its the media hoping for a united type ant-glazier protests. AST shares are miniscual anyways. BTW jabba's come out and said he's not selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

I knew Usmanov wouldn't sell. He doesn't need the money as his personal wealth greatly exceeds that of Kroenke.

I just hope we aren't going to see a public flexing of muscles between two business men with Arsenal stuck in the middle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

They own roughly 50 out of 62,000+ issued shares. They will have no say in running the club, the major shareholders talking to them is pure PR as has been the club's backing of the sharesave scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

Paleface wrote: »
    I knew Usmanov wouldn't sell. He doesn't need the money as his personal wealth greatly exceeds that of Kroenke.

I just hope we aren't going to see a public flexing of muscles between two business men with Arsenal stuck in the middle!
    There's not much he can do. I can't see anyone wanting to buy a minority stake in the club, so this is probably the high water mark for the share price for the forseeable future. The only other way he can make something out of his investment is to hope Kroenke starts paying a dividend.

If he really is intent on owning his own club in the future (in europe) then he would have to cash out because of the rules forbidding having large interests in potentially competing clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

According to F365, looks like we might have Chesney and DJ back for the Liverpool game.

We'll need big playwers for that game. iverpool looked great against City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

'Rumoured' 3rd kit for next year. It's a fake imo:

arsenal_away_jersey_2011_2012.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Frisbee wrote: »
    'Rumoured' 3rd kit for next year. It's a fake imo:

Yea just posted that up on the kits thread, I think it's a fake aswell although I kinda like it at the same time

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hope so, we're not supposed to look like Spurs.

The crest is probably right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Crest looks great.

Crest will apparently have that same design. But instead of having '125th. Anniversary' in the box under it it will say 'FORWARD'

No way they'll go with that Looks like a Tottenham home shirt. The last white shirt we had got a lot of flak for reminding fans of Spurs even thouugh it was nothing like any purs shirt ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Looks like its goodbye Austria and hello Asia Link

It'd be nice if it was Japan - Ryo would be a big draw I'd imagine.

Looking increasingly likely that Djourou and Szczesny will be fit for Liverpool - nice one!

Also, Vermaelen is back in training :eek:

• Advertisement

Danny Fiszman has died. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Sad news :( RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Very sad to hear, RIP.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Crest will apparently have that same design. But instead of having '125th. Anniversary' in the box under it it will say 'FORWARD'
    On account of Arsene having no interest in signing defenders? :)

And also, yes, RIP Danny Diszman.

On the Board since 1992 and by all accounts, one of the major movers behind the Emirates project. Quite the legacy to have left.

It was known he was sick but no reports that I'd seen had him at death's door. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kroenke deal had been an informal understanding for a while now but that side of things probably won't come out for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Very sad to hear about Fiszman, one of the unsung heroes in the move to the Emirates and the modern development of the club. Let's hope the team can push on and honour his legacy on the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Looking increasingly likely that Djourou and Szczesny will be fit for Liverpool - nice one!

Also, Vermaelen is back in training :eek:

Ah come one, stop messin around, this is a serious forum for serious discussion

RIP Fiszman. Very sad to hear and while we all knew he was sick, I'm still pretty shocked as I didn't think it was that bad he could pass so soon.
    Ah come one, stop messin around, this is a serious forum for serious discussion

Only with the reserves though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Kinda cool to think that he spent his last few days safe guarding the club he loved.

Maybe it was a deal already in place that if his health took a major dip that Kroenke would buy his shares..bit morbid though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

RIP fiszmann,Arsenal through and through.

RIP danny.

Well it explains the sudden sale, fair play to him, was one of the main guys bhind the stadium being built, if it was up to others we'd be sharing wembley with the FA(screw that). In one of his last acts he kept us safe from jabba.

• Advertisement

RIP Fiszman. Supporters owe him a lot.

Indeed Capaill, what a difference that would have made (and not a good one)!

It was well known that he was sick but days away... awful. 66 is my folks' age.

Arsenal.com has various photos of Mr Fiszman from down through the years:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/danny-fiszman-gallery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bergkamp10

RIP Mr Danny Fizsman. A true gooner and Arsenal legend. You Gave your heart and soul to the club we all love and you are a huge part of what we are now. The enormous successes that will soon follow and Arsenal being one of the worlds very top clubs- that is your legacy. Thank you for everything.

RIP Mr Danny Fiszman. A true gooner and Arsenal legend. You Gave your heart and soul to the club we all love and you are a huge part of what we are now. The enormous successes that will soon follow and Arsenal being one of the worlds very top clubs- that is your legacy. Thank you for everything.

I read a quote from Thomas Vermaelen, he's glad to be back training but he needs a full pre-season before he comes back. Brilliant news re szczesny and djourou, especially djourou, coming back just a month after a bad knock (as opposed to always missin a year after any knock!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm starting to think Arsenal are overstating their injuries after the farces of Rosicky and Vermaelen.

Djourou's season was over, Swiss FA get their physios to look at him and claim he could be back within weeks, Arse tell them to shutup and that his season is over... He's back playing a few weeks later.

Van Persie was going to miss a fair stretch after the Carling Cup final, starts against Barca a few days later and looked match fit. Has played every game since I think.

There's been others this season I think, maybe Djourou again.

I've seen a few quotes coming out, seemingly from fb and twitter a/cs close to the club. It seems that the arrangement is this: Danny Fiszman was v aware of his deterioration and impending passing. He arranged for his share of Arsenal to pass to Stan Kroenke within two weeks of his death. So Danny Fiszman dies a director and shareholder of Arsenal.

nolgsd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

bergkamp10 wrote: »
    I've seen a few quotes coming out, seemingly from fb and twitter a/cs close to the club. It seems that the arrangement is this: Danny Fiszman was v aware of his deterioration and impending passing. He arranged for his share of Arsenal to pass to Stan Kroenke within two weeks of his death. So Danny Fiszman dies a director and shareholder of Arsenal.

What, is this Peter Hill Woods facebook page?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement