Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

55997__full_news.jpg

See ya dude & thanks for the memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Team for Graz:

Fabianski
    Nordveit Djourou Vermalen Traore
    Nasri Frimpong Wilshere
    Walcott Chamakh Arshavin

http://www.iraqgoals.tv/ch1.html

Boom

Looking forward to seeing a bit more of Nordveit.

Lamb of our God our keepers jersey is awful. Do they not embarrass themselves enough without dressing them up like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

That's some 'keepers shirt!:eek:

lord lucan 18.05 That's some 'keepers shirt!:eek:

Frisbee 18.04 Lamb of our God our keepers jersey is awful. Do they not embarrass themselves enough without dressing them up like that?

M+D (Trusted Member) on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:04 pm
    That is one of the worst goalkeeping kits I have ever seen.

Pepe LeFrits (Elite Member) on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:05 pm
    Sweet jesus, what is with our goalkeeping kit?

Lespin (Forum Member) on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:05 pm
    As much as i like the new home and the new away kit, the goalkeeper jersey is definitely a no go

hahah

I'll say this,you can't miss the keeper when he does his best superman impression!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Frisbee wrote: »
    Lamb of our God our keepers jersey is awful. Do they not embarrass themselves enough without dressing them up like that?

It's better than Eduardos shirt ^^^.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

55997__full_news.jpg

Haha that t-shirt is quality:D

Nasri. Nice.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

1-0 Nasri

Nice goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Sweet mother of Jeebus, Fabianskis shirt is shocking. Hot Pink and black lightning stripes going up the arms. No wonder we can't sign a keeper, if we are going to kit him out as a Power Ranger. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

My God Walcott looks useless....

He'll prolly score now.

Nice one Nasri.

Another goal for Samir, lovely free kick

2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

super saaaamir nassssri.

• Advertisement

Great goal,nice too see us score from free kicks.

2-0 Nasri free kick, what a peach.

Kos-e-elny? Is that it?

Excellent goal by Lansbury.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

How have Arsenal played, only put it on now

• Advertisement

gibson wrote: »
    How have Arsenal played, only put it on now
    Pretty meh first half,not much happening at either end with the exception of 2 moments of excellence from Nasri. 2nd half much better,showing a lot more going forward.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Pretty meh first half,not much happening at either end with the exception of 2 moments of excellence from Nasri. 2nd half much better,showing a lot more going forward.

how are the young lads doing? dissapointed i didnt get to see wilshere. Jay Emanuel Thomas has played at left back, centre mid and up front for us in the reserves! :o

gibson wrote: »
    how are the young lads doing? dissapointed i didnt get to see wilshere. Jay Emanuel Thomas has played at left back, centre mid and up front for us in the reserves! :o

Wilshire done alright,wasn't afraid to get stuck in(got a yellow for his troubles!). He gave the impression of someone with a point to prove.

Had to laugh at the commentator there, kinda sumed up Walcott of late...." Walcott now has he got a trick to beat the defender".....commentator goes silent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Harvard seems to finally be showing some of that FM God like playing ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Jay Thomas could teach Walcott a thing or two about being a winger.

Must say I was very impressed with JET in the 2nd half. A couple of nice touches and looks solid at holding the ball and bringing people in.

j14 wrote: »
    Must say I was very impressed with JET in the 2nd half. A couple of nice touches and looks solid at holding the ball and bringing people in.

Yeah,he looks well able to hold his own physically. Has a good touch for a big guy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Dempsey wrote: »
    He signed a 8 year contract with Arsenal, all the power is with Arsenal
    I said in the Cesc-Barca relationship almost all of the power is with Barca. Arsenal obviously have the contract, solid financial position, etc. - that's why he's not there already.

Vermaelen could throw him at the ball like the olympic discus.
    Which reminds me...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

x PyRo wrote: »

Goodbye. :(
    Indeed :( really hope he does well at shaktar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

So a good result then :) Missed the bloody match as I was in poxy work. Don't suppose any of yous would be so kind as to have a link to the highlights? or even just the goals would do grand ;)

Oh also are we getting a gunners fantasy football league going again this season? Even though I did awful in the last one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

x PyRo wrote: »

Forgot about that goal! Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Souless wrote: »
    So a good result then :) Missed the bloody match as I was in poxy work. Don't suppose any of yous would be so kind as to have a link to the highlights? or even just the goals would do grand ;)

Oh also are we getting a gunners fantasy football league going again this season? Even though I did awful in the last one :o

Well played Samir, well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Souless wrote: »

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/6327737/

Lovely to see Lansbury getting a goal and a chance to make some kind of mark in preseason.

Given the amount of hype Wilshere now gets, it's weird to think that all the excitement was about Lansbury before he got glandular fever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I really liked Eddie so it's a shame he had to go. Love that goal that x Pyro posted above. Still it was most likely the best decision for all parties. Hope he does well at Shaktar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

lord lucan wrote: »
    He gave the impression of someone with a point to prove.

All the more reason not to let him go on loan this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wow, thats some goalie jersey... the one on the website shop is grey!

Does no one else think that, for a tough little bastard, Wilshere goes over fairly easily and is a little fond of the hand over the face play acting? He wasn't doing that sh*te when he was 16 so he has picked it up somewhere....I'm gonna go right ahead and blame Ade...but how and ever.....he doesn't need to add that crap to his game....he brings enough to the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

According to 'The Sun', which I never will believe, Steve Rowley was sent as a spy to watch Bastian Schweinsteiger

Does no one else think that, for a tough little bastard, Wilshere goes over fairly easily and is a little fond of the hand over the face play acting? He wasn't doing that sh*te when he was 16 so he has picked it up somewhere....I'm gonna go right ahead and blame Ade...but how and ever.....he doesn't need to add that crap to his game....he brings enough to the table.
    ... this is from this evening? I only watched the first half, but when he went down holding his face it was after a fair old wollop into one of the big defender's elbows.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

clived2 wrote: »
    According to 'The Sun', which I never will believe, Steve Rowley was sent as a spy to watch Bastian Schweinsteiger

You're right not to believe. These days I'm out of the loop about any breaking news purely because I won't believe any stories easily

And why would Arsenal go for Schwein? Last thing they need is a creative midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

You're right not to believe. These days I'm out of the loop about any breaking news purely because I won't believe any stories easily

And why would Arsenal go for Schwein? Last thing they need is a creative midfielder.

You cant be serious, Being a creative midfielder is only 1 aspect of Schwein game, He could be the leader Arsenal so desperately need,

• Advertisement

All the more reason not to let him go on loan this season.

I think that was the point he was trying to make. He thinks he's good enough for the first team and doesn't want to go out on loan again. That's fair enough but once he's happy in the knowledge that he'll spend a good deal of the time on the bench and probably only come off of it for the last 10 minutes of a game.

Just bought my tickets for the Blackpool game. Woooo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

me too,
    Although they are situated close to the ozone layer FWIW.

Yeah same here. Could barely get 2 seats together anywhere. Why the increase the price of tickets that are as far away from the pitch as you can get I do not know.

While we build up to the new season i thought i'd post this here,may be of interest to some. It's my pics from the last game at Highbury in May 2006.

http://picasaweb.google.com/johnkinch/HighburyTheFinalSalute#

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement