Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

iMuse wrote: »
    Looks like its goodbye Austria and hello Asia Link

Could be useful. The standard of matches we play in Austria is very very poor. I'm not saying the Asian teams we play will be better, but it could be better for us financially.

RIP Danny Fiszman. Arsenal through and true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

RIP Danny Fiszman.

I was just looking at who the current members of the board are now after the change of ownership. You can see them all here

http://www.arsenal.com/the-club/corporate-info/the-arsenal-board

Sir Chips Keswick!!

Best name ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Respects to Danny Fiszman.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bergkamp10

What, is this Peter Hill Woods facebook page?

No. Well informed Supporters club pages such as 'she wore a yellow ribbon', onto which reliable sources often post info here+there. Actually, there's thats a page i dont read on fb, hillwood page. Wonder is it any good?! * ;op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Paleface wrote: »
    Sir Chips Keswick!!

Best name ever :D
    'Tis a well-named Board alright. Winner for me, though, has always been Lord Harris...

... of Peckham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Apparently this is the away jersey for next season
    awayshirt.jpg

Everyone seems to hate it but I actually kind of like it, the colour scheme at least.

And this is the home, fairly standard.

Annhomeshirtfinal.jpg

The away looks very different, i'll give it that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Galvasean wrote: »
    The away looks very different, i'll give it that.

It's quite similar to the Monaco jersey in style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

The away one looks like it's a training top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

its horrible....but i feel like it could grow on me.

not literally of course thats plain silly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

uuuugggghhhh at the away one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I don't like it but I do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Wtf is u with the crest? Away jersey looks like a training top. I'm pretty sure we're not getting a new home jersey this year as we only have the current one for one season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

FearDark wrote: »
    Wtf is u with the crest?

125th year celebration thing.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I actually kinda like the away one, the colours evoke memories of Thierry's hat-trick in the Stadio Olimpico.

• Advertisement

Nay nay and thrice nay. I'm sorry chaps but for me it has to be redwhite shirt white shorts home, yellow shirt blue shorts away. Always. End of. Maybe i'm a sentimental old traditionalist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

FearDark wrote: »
    Wtf is u with the crest? Away jersey looks like a training top. I'm pretty sure we're not getting a new home jersey this year as we only have the current one for one season.

125 year anniversary I'm afraid, new jersey!

Saw another possible away shirt on fb yesterday. I refuse to reprint. Hav a look if ur stomachs able. It surely cant be real, tho the sh1t nike produce sometimes u wouldn't no. The jersey is plain white, dark blue shorts..... Think about it.... Yes exactly. Imagine us runnin out on away days in the sp*rs home kit! God, can u imagine sp*rs runnin out on away days in red+white? If they bring it out il happily buy one at arsenal shop and burn it at entrance to emirates. White and navy- My guts hurt just thinkin about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Szczesny, Djourou and Song in the squad for Sunday.

Big boost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Do you guys think Andrei Arshavin has been one of the biggest let downs since he came to the epl

Maybe in the top 500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Do you guys think Andrei Arshavin has been one of the biggest let downs since he came to the epl

Nah he certainly blows hot and cold, it's a pity he doesn't make more of an effort sometimes as we all know he is more than capable of moments of magic, the 4-4 with Liverpool will always stick in my mind. There have been way worse let downs in the premier league than him

I'd consider him something of a let down, but certainly not one of the biggest. Shevchenko, Kezman, Forlan, Veron and Dzeko all immediately come to mind as bigger let downs. I'm sure there are many more that are up there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

7 goals in 30 games isn't awful tbh, how many assists has he?

amacachi wrote: »
    7 goals in 30 games isn't awful tbh, how many assists has he?

Quite a few. At one point in the first half of the season he had the most in the Premier League. I think that 4 goal game against 'pool put too much expectation on him.

I'm lobing a 5er on any Arsenal player to score 4 on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I'd consider him something of a let down, but certainly not one of the biggest. Shevchenko, Kezman, Forlan, Veron and Dzeko all immediately come to mind as bigger let downs. I'm sure there are many more that are up there too.

I think its a bit mean to judge Dzeko so quickly. He only arrived in January.

Vermaelen is back in full training now according to Wenger.

Could it happen? Could we field our first XI before the end of the season?? :eek:

I think its a bit mean to judge Dzeko so quickly. He only arrived in January.

It is somewhat harsh, but he is a flop until he can prove otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

He single-handedly, repeat single-handedly, got us CL football a few years ago when we had no real right to do it. That was about £20m right off the bat so he paid for himself practically straight away as far as I was concerned.

And while he had a definite slump mid-season, and another last year when Russia failed to qualify for the WC, people are very quick to lambast him any time things don't go right. He's not Mr. Dependable but anyone who thought he was going to be Mr Uefa 2008 every game was delusional if you ask me.

Before he was bought, I rated Pavlyuchenko ahead of him overall and at different times since they both arrived in England, that's looked either ridiculous or fairly sound as judgments go. So yes, he blows hot and cold but no way is he one of the biggest let-downs ever seen in the PL.

• Advertisement

Vermaelen is back in full training now according to Wenger.

Could it happen? Could we field our first XI before the end of the season?? :eek:

IMO it would be idiocy to put him out before the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

amacachi wrote: »
    IMO it would be idiocy to put him out before the end of the season.

Yes it will give Belgium the excuse to pick him in May/June and get him injured again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

RvP playing with Arsenes new hopes for the future, the Arsenal under 6 team :)

http://www.twitvid.com/WJ3UM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Apparently this is the away jersey for next season
    awayshirt.jpg

Everyone seems to hate it but I actually kind of like it, the colour scheme at least.

And this is the home, fairly standard.

Annhomeshirtfinal.jpg

I hate when the crest isnt proper embroidered on. Looks so cheap. We never did this before. Seems to be a lot of teams doing this now. The away one looks like a cycling jersey. Ill still buy it and try and squeez into it like a fat twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

MikeySligo wrote: »
    I hate when the crest isnt proper embroidered on. Looks so cheap. We never did this before. Seems to be a lot of teams doing this now. The away one looks like a cycling jersey. Ill still buy it and try and squeez into it like a fat twat.

Nice jerseys, ruined by that **** around the crest..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

WTF are you smoking? he's been disappointing at times, but seriously, biggest let down ever? No matter how bad he's playing he's still a threat against ANY opposition. So no, you're talking absolute horse ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Pretty sure Arshavin has more assists and goals than the future player of the year Gareth Bale.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Pretty sure Arshavin has more assists and goals than the future player of the year Gareth Bale.....

According to FF, Bale has one more goal on 7 but Arshy has 8 more assists on 11.

I think fans need to get off his back a bit, he's just the type of guy who can make something from nothing, like against west brom recently, we'd be a point worse off if not for his goal there, and its not like he was playing brilliantly in that game anyway. I think he'd be better as an impact sub though till the end of the season, now that we have Theo, Nasri and Van all fit, who for me, are our best top 3.
    Also, it should be said, he would be doing so much better playing just in behind the striker rather than stuck out on the wing

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Lads enough, that away jersey is ****e full stop, disgusting looking yoke. Looks like wycome wanderers or a french 3rd division jersey.

Nike have fecked us around for years with jerseys, not that flipping hard yellow away, red and white home is it?

Get adidas in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I know I''m a bit late on this but just wanted to say RIP Danny Fiszman, very very sad, I think Arsene sums up his contribution perfectly.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-club-owes-so-much-to-danny-fiszman

jaykay74 wrote: »
    RvP playing with Arsenes new hopes for the future, the Arsenal under 6 team :)

http://www.twitvid.com/WJ3UM

I was waiting for some kid to come in and clatter him and RVP be out for 10 months.
    It is somewhat harsh, but he is a flop until he can prove otherwise.

That's one of the most ridiculous stances on football I've ever heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

DB10 wrote: »
    Lads enough, that away jersey is ****e full stop, disgusting looking yoke. Looks like wycome wanderers or a french 3rd division jersey.

Nike have fecked us around for years with jerseys, not that flipping hard yellow away, red and white home is it?

Get adidas in

You clearly haven't a clue about sponsorship..........................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Frisbee wrote: »

Really?In England?Guilty till proven innocent....

My first Arsenal shirt was the centenary kit......and it was current.....I feel real f*cking old.

Well so far Dzeko has been a bit of a lame duck for Man City. Sure a few goals, but with such a hefty price tag he will have to improve his output significantly or he will be remembered as a flop.
    I feel the same way about Torres. H is a massive flop so far. It is up to him to change his fortune and become something more.

DH2K9 wrote: »
    You clearly haven't a clue about sponsorship..........................

We've not long left on our current Nike sponsorship, which we are able to buy them out of. So we could easily get Adidas in if we wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

We've not long left on our current Nike sponsorship, which we are able to buy them out of. So we could easily get Adidas in if we wanted.
    Whats the story?
    Why do Arsenal fans want Adidas in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I don't. Adidas' crap is much worse than Nike's crap and that shiney plastic crap they have nowadays, eugh.

Kappa, now there's a brand who make good jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

amiable wrote: »
    Whats the story?
    Why do Arsenal fans want Adidas in?

We want the club to get more money, personally I don't mind who it comes from!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I reckon Andy Carroll might have a good day tomorrow against The Arsenal defenders.

10kth reply here. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement