Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Time's up. I've had enough of the project. We know there's money available, and if Wenger won't spend some of it this summer to bring in the quality that is so clearly required then he should be shown the door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Fromvert wrote: »
    A lot of the Arsenal fans have to be some of the worst in the PL, they give their team zero backing if they're not winning. Booing and moaning with every bad pass is not going to help the team.

Don't deserve to support a team who play some of the best football in the league.

But they are not playing the best football in the premer league. Tappy tappy and passing the ball backwards and walking the ball into the net for the perfect goal is making it easier for defenders to stop arsenal. They can't hack it with the uglier teams, and bitch and moan to the ref and media when they don't get their way. that is not football. They act like they have a persecution complex. So do man utd but they do something about it - win. There are so many blow ups now in the last few years that its hard to take any more. Wenger persists on a policy that is not always working

People are not booing "every bad pass." We clearly have a player in fabregas who does not want to be there yet is not willing to be professional and man up. In fairness, to him and van persi they have had 2 non stop long seasons and are due a break. Bendter continues to tell the world that he is brilliant yet can't even control the ball.

And worst of all, he builds a team, and great individuals, whom he must take credit, then a few bad seasons they feck off to another club. Cole should never have been put in a position where he sought another club/was easily tapped. Flamini came into his own in the 2006 and 2007 season, as did Hleb. Gallas should have been controlled better. Now Fab and Naisiri seem longing to leave. Thats the big problem, Arsenal, at times as seen as a great stepping stone for young players. The club builds them and educates them, then the players head for Barca and Real Madrid.

Its impossible to get a ticket for the Emirates as one is priced out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Time's up. I've had enough of the project. We know there's money available, and if Wenger won't spend some of it this summer to bring in the quality that is so clearly required then he should be shown the door.

Agree. We've the bones of a championship winning squad. We just need some winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

amiable wrote: »
    The league wasn't just lost yesterday though. I know where you are coming from though.

Ah no, look at my previous posts. The league was lost some time ago. I've never been convinced that a team that takes 2 points from 12 against Newcastle and West Brom are capable of winning anything, never mind the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

He definitely needs to splash the cash this summer!

There's an element of truth to the comments about leadership etc as a team certainly should be able to hold onto a lead for 2 minutes, but the bigger issue is our team's complete inability to score goals and create chances at home.

No self-respecting club of Arsenal's size should have had to repeatedly endure seeing Nicklas Bendtner being brought on as a right-winger to save a game.

There's an element of truth to the comments about leadership etc as a team certainly should be able to hold onto a lead for 2 minutes, but the bigger issue is our team's complete inability to score goals and create chances at home.

No self-respecting club of Arsenal's size should have had to repeatedly endure seeing Nicklas Bendtner being brought on as a right-winger to save a game.

Religiously sticking with 4-5-1 is killing us if you ask me, we need it for the bigger games maybe, but in other games and when we need to score I'd prefer to see 2 up top!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That was, as it always is, mind boggling. Seeing Bendtner whipping in crosses is angering. There's no way we shouldn't have switched to 4-4-2 when he came on, mental decision.

Wenger needs to spend this season. Big spending on experience. If our only signings are 16 years olds and players from Ligue 2 I'll have lost patience with him.

Does Wenger reject already established players when looking at who he buys? Is he afraid that they would challenge him?

He is nearly (I say nearly) getting as bad as David "my babies" O'Leary. (Nearly)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So where did it all go wrong. Think when Flamani left it said alot about Wenger and the club. He is too stubborn for his own good. He revolutionized English football when he came to Arsenal but now he looks like a dinosaur. I think he doesn't believe in his teams ability to win anymore.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    IMO, no time should be added for a penalty.

That's why you're not a referee.:pac:
    Wenger is now an embarrasment, that **** at the end just showed the man needs to move on or become our accountant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Too much Wenger hate tbh. The only thing he did wrong yesterday was bring on NB52 and play him out wide. We have to be realistic here, yeah we'd all love trophies here there and everywhere, however we have recently moved into the Emirates and have almost paid off that debt. We consistently play in the Champions League despite the fact we spend less that all the other teams fighting for Champions League places. We made a Cup final, we lost to the best team in the world in the CL and we lost away to United in the FA cup, in the league we sit 2nd and although we won't win the league we could easily still have a 'chance' on the last day of the season. Wenger isn't faultless but there is no one in the world who could manage Arsenal Football Club as well as he has and will continue to.

Frisbee wrote: »
    That was, as it always is, mind boggling. Seeing Bendtner whipping in crosses is angering. There's no way we shouldn't have switched to 4-4-2 when he came on, mental decision.

Wenger needs to spend this season. Big spending on experience. If our only signings are 16 years olds and players from Ligue 2 I'll have lost patience with him.
    I'm not too fussed about experience personally - Rosicky has plenty and he's rubbish. I just want quality. We need attacking players with genuine talent, players who can play the sort of touch, pass and move which we aspire to. Neymar, Hazard, Gotze - all kids, but all likely players who could come off the bench and change a game for us (or even start and win games for us).

Watching us trying to play a quick passing game with lumbering oafs who spend an age trying to trap a ball is soul destroying. It's also extremely easy for the opposition to defend against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

jank wrote: »
    So where did it all go wrong. Think when Flamani left it said alot about Wenger and the club. He is too stubborn for his own good. He revolutionized English football when he came to Arsenal but now he looks like a dinosaur. I think he doesn't believe in his teams ability to win anymore.

Nah, Flamini just left for a massive paydeal. Wouldn't be too cut up over that either. He was about to be sold and suddenly played his best football ever by a long shot. Then he got his big deal and has since been average enough at Milan.

Anyway, it's almost impossible to know what to do. The questions and issues about this Arsenal squad are too complex.

Can you buy a winning mentality in the transfer window or does it have to come from the manager?

Do you switch back to 4-4-2? What if Fabregas is sold? But what if Fabregas rediscovers his form and tears the sh1t out of the league next year?

I'm not too fussed about experience personally - Rosicky has plenty and he's rubbish. I just want quality. We need attacking players with genuine talent, players who can play the sort of touch, pass and move which we aspire to. Neymar, Hazard, Gotze - all kids, but all likely players who could come off the bench and change a game for us (or even start and win games for us).

Watching us trying to play a quick passing game with lumbering oafs who spend an age trying to trap a ball is soul destroying. It's also extremely easy for the opposition to defend against.

I agree and disagree with you.

Agree - We absolutely need someone of that ilk, someone who can change a game with a moment of fast paced, direct magic instead of 400 passes and an attempted backward spiralling blindfolded scorpion kick pass around the corner on the edge of the opposition are that gets hoofed clear every time.

Disagree - There is experience very much needed. Rosicky has experience yes but he doesn't exert any influence. We definitely need someone who can be more vocal on the pitch and calm everyone the fúck down when we take a lead. I knew when RVP scored that peno Pool would get one more great chance, it's jsut the way this Arsenal team is, I've no confidence in them maintaining a lead.

A forward who'd stay in the box instead of trying to play central midfield would be nice too.

• Advertisement

What really got to me yesterday is that it got to the stage where Captain Fabregas more or less went up fron and left Nasri pull the strings when he should have been driving it on from the middle.

peabutler wrote: »
    Wenger isn't faultless but there is no one in the world who could manage Arsenal Football Club as well as he has and will continue to.

That's just the "Wengerite" in you talking.
    I will support my club through thick and thin, doesn't mean i have to agree with everything the manager does and support him even when he has tunnel vision and acts like a baby with spilt milk at the end of a game.

Just on a lighter note, just checked physioroom and we've only 2 listed injuries! That must be a new record. Mind you, havent heard Wenger's midweek press conference and the immortal words "...from the Liverpool game we have lost.."

Today marks 1 year since we lost 3-2 at home to Wigan, despite being 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go.

Plus ca change.

Today marks 1 year since we lost 3-2 at home to Wigan, despite being 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go.

Plus ca change.

It's pity that we're equally likely to do that these days as we were then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

The Emirates need a guy like this. Or use more of Gunnersaurus to get the crowd going instead of booing etc.

Oh and yeah The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, I like to think he (Chris Pisani) inspired the crowd to get behind the team and therefore the team played really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Plus ca change.

Christ how poor have Arsenal become

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I wouldn't go so far as to say we are a poor team, we are still in the title race and managed to beat the best team in the world this season. 'Woefully inconsistent' is the phrase I think best describes Arsenal.
    We need to paly at a faster tempo. Too often (yesterday was a prime example) we get into good positions, often on the break, but slow the play down which allows defenders to swarm back and deal with us. If we ran at them more often in situations like this we'd be scoring more goals.
    Oh for the days of Freddie, Bobby and Henry tearing teams apart with skill and speed.

Galvasean wrote: »
    we are still in the title race .

We're really not. Maybe mathematically, but anyone with an ounce of common sense can see we won't win this league. There's more chance of us finishing third than first if we keep playing the way we've been playing.

We're really not. Maybe mathematically, but anyone with an ounce of common sense can see we won't win this league. There's more chance of us finishing third than first if we keep playing the way we've been playing.

I've been saying all year that Arsenal aren't a strong enough side to win the league, but six points off with six games to play (not to mention including a match against the leaders) is very much in the race regardless of form.
    I do agree with the bookies putting United at 1/10 to win it. It would be a small miracle if Arsenal won the league, but despite everything that's happened we're still up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I've calmed down and sobered up a bit.

In fairness we're more or less in the same situation as we were had we won, we still need to beat United and need Chelsea to do them as well while we win the rest of our games. While I don't fancy us I think in the cold light of day the goal at the end yesterday didn't make THAT big a difference to the table.

Anyway, post-mortem.
    Get rid of Fabregas. Should've gotten rid of him last year when he wanted to go.
    Bendtner, seriously, get rid of him. No idea why he's still there.
    Eboue. Hadn't his worst match yesterday but again, I'm sick of him and his diving and general idiocy and the time has come.

There's a couple more who could go but we still need a figurehead up front for when van Persie goes on one of his 2-hour magical mystery tours around the bloody pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

SDTimeout wrote: »
    That wasn't a bottling moment, that was pure bad luck and lack of concentration.

People just looking for a cop out excuse at the moment tbh.

Bad luck? lack of concentration?

Thats the cop out.

Something seriously wrong at Arsenal at the moment. A team full of passengers, with nobody taking responsibility for anything.

And all Wenger can see is bad officiating and bad luck......time to look a little closer to home.

Too much Wenger hate tbh. The only thing he did wrong yesterday was bring on NB52 and play him out wide. We have to be realistic here, yeah we'd all love trophies here there and everywhere, however we have recently moved into the Emirates and have almost paid off that debt. We consistently play in the Champions League despite the fact we spend less that all the other teams fighting for Champions League places. We made a Cup final, we lost to the best team in the world in the CL and we lost away to United in the FA cup, in the league we sit 2nd and although we won't win the league we could easily still have a 'chance' on the last day of the season. Wenger isn't faultless but there is no one in the world who could manage Arsenal Football Club as well as he has and will continue to.

The team as it is was/ is good enough to win a Premership title, there is . Yes, you are right on the money side of things, but it seems Wenger has done little to sort out the mental and oppose to the ability blocks that the players are suffering from. People like Walcott clearly have no confidence in going on a glory hunt ala Marc Overmars - when he does do it, funny enough he succeeds. there is no excuse for what has happened this season, and certaintly now excuse what so ever for the joke of the league cup final (i don't blame the goalie for this)

Whilst I would be very worried about who the next manager would be, there is no point making out that Wenger is irreplacable. George Graham was there long ago, and many feared what would happen, of course of Rioch (well he somehow signed bergkamp) we then had Wenger

amacachi wrote: »
    ...Bendtner, seriously, get rid of him. No idea why he's still there.

I dont agree. He's being asked to come on as a right winger and change a game. He's being criminally played out of position. I actually feel a bit sorry for him.

Look at it this way, everyone says they want a leader, I sure as hell do aswell but it's not like Wenger hasn't tried to sign a leader ! Verm was one of Ajax's youngest ever captains. Arshavin has captained Russia and Zenit, Squillaci has experience and leadership and even Chamakh has worn the armband for club and country. So that's 4/5 of Wenger's most recent big signings who he had right to believe could have been leaders, I doubt many others are as unlucky on that side of things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

keano_afc wrote: »
    I dont agree. He's being asked to come on as a right winger and change a game. He's being criminally played out of position. I actually feel a bit sorry for him.

I might feel sorry for him elsewhere but it wasn't just yesterday. When he plays through the middle I'm already disappointed when I see the ball is going to him before the inevitable loss of possession or ball rolling slowly wide or to the keeper's feet.

Tomorrow papers specualting we've made a €15M offer for PSG's Football Manager Legend Mamadou Sakho.

Good step, don't know if he would suit our high line, maybe throw Squillaci in the bargain although he doesn't deserve to be flogged so easy.

I'd like to see Sakho/ A real general-leader and one more signed during the summer, someone with a bit of vava voom, let Denilson and a few others go and their's your squad. No keeper, Szczesny is class.

Look at it this way, everyone says they want a leader, I sure as hell do aswell but it's not like Wenger hasn't tried to sign a leader ! Verm was one of Ajax's youngest ever captains. Arshavin has captained Russia and Zenit, Squillaci has experience and leadership and even Chamakh has worn the armband for club and country. So that's 4/5 of Wenger's most recent big signings who he had right to believe could have been leaders, I doubt many others are as unlucky on that side of things.
    Arshavin couldn't even perform for over 4 months as a winger, let alone leader.
    Squillachi looks out of his depth at times and certainly isn't going to lead this team any time soon.
    Chamakh cannot even get into the squad when we are screaming for a forward who will do what we've been lacking over the years (ie big strong CF who throws himself at the ball).
    Wenger got him for nothing then banished him to the sideline even after a good start to his first season.
    And if he cannot play week in week out, why did he take him in the first place?

the excuses will go on and on, and in the meantime we look like a club with a manager who is happy with 2nd place or 3rd place without even spending what is available to him.
    Takes the credit when we win and play great football, then blames everyone else for his failure to get the team to hold onto a lead for 4 mins.

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Arshavin couldn't even perform for over 4 months as a winger, let alone leader.
    Squillachi looks out of his depth at times and certainly isn't going to lead this team any time soon.
    Chamakh cannot even get into the squad when we are screaming for a forward who will do what we've been lacking over the years (ie big strong CF who throws himself at the ball).
    Wenger got him for nothing then banished him to the sideline even after a good start to his first season.
    And if he cannot play week in week out, why did he take him in the first place?

I'm not sating they are leaders, i'm sayin when signed Wenger and Arsenal had every right to believe they would and could be leaders, that hasn't materialised, hardly Wenger's fault.

As for Chamakh, he did well when he played, RVP came back and has done superb, Chamakh has come off the bench most games and done nothing much so I don't see your point there, would you rather Chamakh start over RVP ?

Answer me this, how could Wenger have stopped the Pool goal Y-day, brought on a defender? Do you honestly think that Wenger is the only manager who would complain about 3+ minutes at the end of injury time? Did you expect him to slate the team on T.V tell them they are hopeless and that Eboue should quit football. FFS get real I don't know what you expect, Arsenal is a club with a lot of history and success sprinkled througout, but 6 years without a trophy while moving into a 60,000 seater stadium is not a major crisis, it's dissapointing and more so because of some shocking results and throwing away of leads but our season would be a lot worse if Wenger wasn't protecting his players. Every manager does it ! Wenger has done so much for Arsenal and he has double the work load of most other managers. He has won 3 PL trophies and 4 Fa Cups, that's a mighty haul. He's made mistakes but he's human, I highly doubt Wenger just ignores these matches as blips, i'd say he thinks about them more than we can even imagine. I doubt he's happy with 2nd or 3rd but he's a realist, he isn't going to risk what he has built by throwing money here, there and everywhere. Would you have liked if he had spent 35 million on Carroll or 30 million a CB. Would you have liked a 20 million keeper? Arsenal are consistently at the top end of the table under Wenger, europe every year. We are the most financially secure club in Europe (or close) and still fans bicker. It's time for some realism, get behind the greatest thing to ever happen to Arsenal or don't, your choice.

Tomorrow papers specualting we've made a €15M offer for PSG's Football Manager Legend Mamadou Sakho.
    Good stuff, I also hear Tonton Moukoko Zola is available.

Good stuff, I also hear Tonton Moukoko Zola is available.

Cherno Semba and Kennedy Bakircioglü are reportedly interested too.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Speaking of CM.. Anyone ever utilise John Spicer in the older versions before he left? He eventually became Arsenal and England captain under my management. Small hero of mine.. Hasn't done much since he left in real life though.

Just me..?

Ok.

I signed a young fella called scott Ridgers once in CM2. He became an absolute legend so I kept signing him in subsequent games. Alas I think it was aonce off as he never again got anywhere near as good.

Spicer the England captain eh? Can't say reality has been so kind to him:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Spicer_%28footballer%29

• Advertisement

As for Chamakh, he did well when he played, RVP came back and has done superb, Chamakh has come off the bench most games and done nothing much so I don't see your point there, would you rather Chamakh start over RVP ?
    On his own up front RVP doesn't play well, constantly running back to get the ball and holding up the ball for nobody else (there is nobody else to support him up front recently)
    Chamakh has had 5- 10 mins of football here and there over the last few months and what? you expect him to set the PL alight? :pac:
    He's gone from being the target man at his last team to warming the bench for a few months.
    Answer me this, how could Wenger have stopped the Pool goal Y-day, brought on a defender? Do you honestly think that Wenger is the only manager who would complain about 3+ minutes at the end of injury time? Did you expect him to slate the team on T.V tell them they are hopeless and that Eboue should quit football. FFS get real I don't know what you expect, Arsenal is a club with a lot of history and success sprinkled througout, but 6 years without a trophy while moving into a 60,000 seater stadium is not a major crisis, it's dissapointing and more so because of some shocking results and throwing away of leads but our season would be a lot worse if Wenger wasn't protecting his players. Every manager does it ! Wenger has done so much for Arsenal and he has double the work load of most other managers. He has won 3 PL trophies and 4 Fa Cups, that's a mighty haul. He's made mistakes but he's human, I highly doubt Wenger just ignores these matches as blips, i'd say he thinks about them more than we can even imagine. I doubt he's happy with 2nd or 3rd but he's a realist, he isn't going to risk what he has built by throwing money here, there and everywhere. Would you have liked if he had spent 35 million on Carroll or 30 million a CB. Would you have liked a 20 million keeper? Arsenal are consistently at the top end of the table under Wenger, europe every year. We are the most financially secure club in Europe (or close) and still fans bicker. It's time for some realism, get behind the greatest thing to ever happen to Arsenal or don't, your choice.

He brings on a **** forward and plays him on the wing in a match that defines their season.....no matter how you sugarcoat it ...it was a defining moment that shows the team bottles it against the best and the worst.
    Then he goes and blames Kenny Dalglish and refuses to shake hands....this is the wonderfull history you want to continue??? :pac:
    It makes a laughing stock of Wenger and his "i didn't see it" comments over the years.
    He SAW that.:D

What i find hilarious is the same boys that show faith in the end always querstion the loyalty of fans who talk about the failings of a manager who has lost his way tactically and refuses to let go of the failed players he has been using for 6 years
    Denilson, Eboue & Bentner.

I'll support my club thanks, you can continue to support Arsene Wenger

Premier League Record:
    P   W   D   L   F   A  GD Pts  PPG
    Wolves                6   6   0   0  15   2  13  18 3.00
    Reading               4   4   0   0  11   2   9  12 3.00
    Watford               4   4   0   0   9   3   6  12 3.00
    Blackpool             2   2   0   0   9   1   8   6 3.00
    Barnsley              2   2   0   0   7   0   7   6 3.00
    Ipswich              10   8   2   0  23   4  19  26 2.60
    Fulham               19  15   2   2  40  10  30  47 2.47
    Wigan                12   9   2   1  28  11  17  29 2.42
    Stoke                 5   4   0   1  11   4   7  12 2.40
    Charlton             16  12   2   2  36  12  24  38 2.38
    Derby                14  10   3   1  27  11  16  33 2.36
    Man City             28  20   5   3  51  18  33  65 2.32
    Hull                  4   3   0   1   9   4   5   9 2.25
    Birmingham           14   9   4   1  28   8  20  31 2.21
    Leicester            16  10   5   1  38  13  25  35 2.19
    Portsmouth           14   8   6   0  28   8  20  30 2.14
    Everton              38  24   9   5  79  32  47  81 2.13
    Crystal Palace        8   5   2   1  16   5  11  17 2.13
    Nottingham Forest    10   6   3   1  13   7   6  21 2.10
    Bolton               23  14   5   4  42  25  17  47 2.04
    West Ham             32  19   7   6  48  19  29  64 2.00
    Southampton          26  15   7   4  50  24  26  52 2.00
    West Brom            10   6   2   2  22  13   9  20 2.00
    Oldham                4   2   2   0   4   1   3   8 2.00
    Swindon               2   1   1   0   5   1   4   4 2.00
    Burnley               2   1   1   0   4   2   2   4 2.00
    Middlesbrough        28  16   7   5  62  26  36  55 1.96
    Coventry             18  10   5   3  25  13  12  35 1.94
    Sunderland           20  10   7   3  33  13  20  37 1.85
    Blackburn            34  18   8   8  60  31  29  62 1.82
    Villa                37  18  13   6  60  32  28  67 1.81
    Bradford              4   2   1   1   6   3   3   7 1.75
    Newcastle            34  16   9   9  50  32  18  57 1.68
    Leeds                24  12   4   8  43  25  18  40 1.67
    Chelsea              38  17  11  10  53  47   6  62 1.63
    Norwich               8   3   4   1  17   9   8  13 1.63
    Spurs                37  14  16   7  57  41  16  58 1.57
    MK Dons              16   7   4   5  30  16  14  25 1.56
    Sheffield Wednesday  16   7   4   5  21  16   5  25 1.56
    Sheffield United      6   2   3   1   9   4   5   9 1.50
    Liverpool            38  11  13  14  41  51 -10  46 1.21
    Man United           37  10  11  16  35  49 -14  41 1.11
    QPR                   8   1   5   2   7   8  -1   8 1.00

This Season v Previous Seasons:
    P   W   D   L   F   A  GD Pts
    2010-2011:  32  18   9   5  63  31  32  63
    2009-2010:  32  21   5   6  74  34  40  68 ( 3rd)
    2008-2009:  32  17  10   5  54  28  26  61 ( 4th)
    2007-2008:  32  20  10   2  62  26  36  70 ( 3rd)
    2006-2007:  32  16   8   8  52  29  23  56 ( 4th)
    2005-2006:  32  16   5  11  53  25  28  53 ( 4th)
    2004-2005:  32  21   7   4  73  33  40  70 ( 2nd)
    2003-2004:  32  23   9   0  62  22  40  78 ( 1st)
    2002-2003:  32  20   7   5  67  34  33  67 ( 2nd)
    2001-2002:  32  20   9   3  66  32  34  69 ( 1st)
    2000-2001:  32  17   9   6  53  29  24  60 ( 2nd)
    1999-2000:  32  18   6   8  60  32  28  60 ( 2nd)
    1998-1999:  32  17  12   3  43  13  30  63 ( 2nd)
    1997-1998:  32  19   9   4  56  28  28  66 ( 1st)
    1996-1997:  32  16   9   7  52  28  24  57 ( 3rd)
    1995-1996:  32  15   9   8  44  28  16  54 ( 5th)
    1994-1995:  32  10  10  12  36  36   0  40 (12th)
    1993-1994:  32  15  12   5  43  17  26  57 ( 4th)
    1992-1993:  32  13   7  12  33  30   3  46 (10th)

Rolling Season:
    2010-2011:  38  20  10   8  72  38  34  70

Current Run:
    2010-2011:  15   8   7   0  29  12  17  31

7 points in our last 5 games, now that's what I call bottle!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Cherno Semba and Kennedy Bakircioglü are reportedly interested too.

All part of Kroenke's plan to generate additional revenue in the club shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Spicer the England captain eh? Can't say reality has been so kind to him:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Spicer_%28footballer%29

Yeah I know.. I followed his real life career after his success for me in CM. I also had my own "version" of what he looked like. :o

I bought CM for the first time in about 5 years around 2 months ago. Yet to play it though, waiting on a new laptop. It's probably for the best!

On his own up front RVP doesn't play well, constantly running back to get the ball and holding up the ball for nobody else (there is nobody else to support him up front recently)
    Chamakh has had 5- 10 mins of football here and there over the last few months and what? you expect him to set the PL alight?
    He's gone from being the target man at his last team to warming the bench for a few months.

He brings on a **** forward and plays him on the wing in a match that defines their season.....no matter how you sugarcoat it ...it was a defining moment that shows the team bottles it against the best and the worst.
    Then he goes and blames Kenny Dalglish and refuses to shake hands....this is the wonderfull history you want to continue???
    It makes a laughing stock of Wenger and his "i didn't see it" comments over the years.
    He SAW that.

Yeah RVP's record shows he's naff up top alone.

Bringing on NB is irrelvant, we took the lead I don't think NB was to blame for conceding.

How about you support the club, by supporting the manager who brought the club to where it is today ! Your judging Wenger against his own success it's totally farcical and illogical.

As for Kenny how about you re-watch the video, he approaches Kenny albeit unhappy about the decision and Kenny tells him to piss off twice because Wenger didn't think it was a peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Wow, just saw L'Prof's stats... for a club unbeaten since mid-December, we've done a rare job of not really getting that many points recently.

As has been said somewhere by the way, it's goalscoring at home that has cost us. While RVP has been in a purple patch in ways, our goalscoring generally has dried up big time. We've scored more goals away than at home this year in 1 less match. And our average goals per game at home just keeps dropping as the season goes on:

- All season (17 home games): 1.82 GPG
    - Last 12 games: 1.33
    - Last 8: 1.13
    - Last 5: 0.8

Not great reading.

• Advertisement

What's with all the van Persie bashing lads?
    He has the best strike rate (minutes to gaol) of any striker in the Premier league this season!
    13 Premier League starts (plus 6 sub apps) and 13 goals. 2 goals in 3 games in Europe, 1 FA Cup goal in one start (and one sub app) and1 goal in 3 Carling Cup matches.
    He'd be one of the last people I'd shoulder any blame on.

complaining about rvp is mad. like cesc he has been on the go for 2 full years with little summer break.like bergkamp ya never heard transfer speculations with him. its not just y'day we whinge about bentner but he has been poor for a long time and is someone who has far too much to say for himself.wenger finally sorted out the appauling red card record his team had in his early career.something like 50 in 4 years. he now needs to work his magic to get the team to be more ruthless and willness to mix it up at times.that can be done with the people he already has.its not the results per se that is maddening, after all few thought we would make the top 3,its the manner on how its thrown away.the players have let wenger down big time after aw showing loyality to the players .he even allegdely questioned their suitability to wear the shirt early this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

What's with all the van Persie bashing lads?
    He has the best strike rate (minutes to gaol) of any striker in the Premier league this season!
    13 Premier League starts (plus 6 sub apps) and 13 goals. 2 goals in 3 games in Europe, 1 FA Cup goal in one start (and one sub app) and1 goal in 3 Carling Cup matches.
    He'd be one of the last people I'd shoulder any blame on.

Couldnt agree more i think RVP has done the best he can with the service and support recieved by the rest of the team.He had no support from midfield or from the wingers yesterday.
    Folks there is no spirit or togetherness like AW keeps going on about in thid current team.Theres big changes needed at the emirates this summer imo!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I just got back from the match. One thing that struck me was the lack of leadership on the pitch - it seemed that it was just 11 men doing their own thing. Sometimes it was great when they linked up but mostly it was a case where whoever had the ball determined the mood.

On going over to see the Arsenal recently I also noticed the lack of crowd songs that singled out individuals. Remember the "Veiria" song and the songs for Bob and Dennis? Well we have none like that now and it's a clear indication that we have no leader on the pitch.

We have a few generic songs thatwe use for the odd player etc but there's no stand out player any more that takes the crowd along for the ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I remember when this part of the season was reserved for light hearted chats about how Charlie Nicholas pulls so many page 3 birds when he is clearly having a long term relationship with pies.

Get over yourself. We won't win anything this year or next year. Support your club or don't. Your manager is part of your club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement