Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I only thanked it because of who scored!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

super win for ye, just adds to the frustration that ye can do that but have slipped up in so many other games. Even without Cesc aswell, although Arshavin looked like a man posessed sometimes, not sure where that came from but more of the same please, I've always liked the little fella for some reason. Delighted for Wenger, he's had a few tough weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Really great performance today. Just a couple of things I took from the game:

The midfield three of Jack/Aaron/Alex seemed to have a much better balance then if Cesc or Nasri play there. It just seemed to work.

Arshavin played how I felt he was always capable of playing, really heroic stuff in the second half. I remember after an hour against Spurs I said we should have swapped him for Theo because I felt he'd help us hold the lead. Instead he came on after 80 when we were chasing a goal. Improve on the fitness and consistency and he still has a lot to offer next season.

We definitely have some sort of problem with the mentality. We played brilliantly until about March when we were right in the title race, then couldn't string a few passes together, now that its over we play excellent against the league leaders

We don't need a new keeper as so many suggest.

Sagna is one of the best right backs in the game.

Clichy was very good (I've criticised him a lot, so credit where its due).

United are a very average side and this is a league that we should have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

We don't need a new keeper as so many suggest.

Sagna is one of the best right backs in the game.

Clichy was very good (I've criticised him a lot, so credit where its due).

United are a very average side and this is a league that we should have won.

Agree with all this, especially regarding the keeper. In Chesney I think we could have a number one for a decade. Hoping he stays in form. Been very very good recently, another few good saves and commanding catches today.

To be honest though we could do with strengthening in various areas, if we got 1 top class forward like Benzema I'd be happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

No way we'll get Benzema unfortunately, he's had too good of a season with Real for them to leave him off, even if they do give Mourinho the boot.

Szcesney is good, however there are two area's he really needs to improve on if he's to become the long term solution; his distribution is woeful at times, booting it back down to United when we're trying hold onto a lead is not good. His decision making needs to improve too - the penalty against Spurs stands out.

Having said that, experience and a bit of solid coaching would sort that out easily.

Edit: On the striker front I'd love to see us nab someone like Falcao from Porto. Plus a winger type, Gervinho or Hulk would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Sútalún wrote: »
    Agree with all this, especially regarding the keeper. In Chesney I think we could have a number one for a decade. Hoping he stays in form. Been very very good recently, another few good saves and commanding catches today.

Very good result today and especially happy with the performance and attitude of the players.Its a pity previous results let us down but it will be a harsh lesson learned for these players.
    I agree chesney is a great keeper but i would still prefer to get in a new no 1 who is older and more experienced.I feel van der sar for utd has been crucial for them this season and even been the difference in some games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Well donr to the lads today, they owed a performance and a result against a big team today and they duly delivered. Has brought some pride back to the club again. Was proud of our midfield trio dominating the midfield today. Fair play to Rambo today with his goal, hopefully all his injury issues are behind him and that he will be rearing to go again next season. Well done lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Well done to Aaron; fantastic performance topped off by an excellent finish for the goal. Must have made all those months of rehabilitation worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Delighted for Rambo. Really good performance today. If Fabregas does go in the summer, I think we will do just fine without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Delighted for Rambo.

Really pleasing victory today, we're out of the race but this is just to show what we can do.

Wojsez was great, made a very good save from Nani when i thought it was a certain goal. Jack and Aaron worked very well and Arshavin played like a man possessed. He must know there's a clean out coming and he wants to stay. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

This season has been disappointing for many reasons but at least we overcame some psychological hurdles by finally beating Barca, Chelsea and Manchester United. Really hope that this will stand to us next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Arshavin - what the fúck was that today and why haven't we seen it before?

Missed the last half hour or so, what did he do?

One thing that worries me from today is that we'd never score that goal if the player defending against van Persie had a brain. I mean seriously, why bother humouring him that you think he might hit the ball with his right foot?

amacachi wrote: »

One thing that worries me from today is that we'd never score that goal if the player defending against van Persie had a brain. I mean seriously, why bother humouring him that you think he might hit the ball with his right foot?

Arshy was just tracking back, making so many tackles, really top quality stuff. He played the type of game that a lot of our players need to play every now and then. As I said earlier it was heroic, I think thats the best word.

Completely agree on the Van thing. The only thing is he has scored the odd belter with his right, and if he does it again it could make a defender look like a right tit

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Everything.

He was like a one-man-midget tackling machine.

Sliding here, sliding there, look, Arshavin's sliding everywhere.

It was class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Really was a moment to be proud of Arshavin. More of that please. :)

I know it's too late to win the league, but it sure was nice to beat Manchester United and dispense of the "They always beat us" hoodoo, much like what we did with Chelsea ear;ier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

New shirt realised and the rumours were correct.
    Dont like the crest at all. Kit itself is very nice.

Arshavin didn't actually play very well, he gave the ball away quite a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Arshavin didn't actually play very well, he gave the ball away quite a lot.

Only so he could tackle it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Cesc has 80 PL assists, Lampard has 84 and Giggs has 97.

8 year gap for Cesc to get 4 assists and 13 years for him to get 17 :pac:

• Advertisement

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Cesc has 80 PL assists, Lampard has 84 and Giggs has 97.

8 year gap for Cesc to get 4 assists and 13 years for him to get 17 :pac:

It's a shame this'll be his last season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Bin Laden was a gooner.So he wasn't all bad...also explains why he didn't shoot.

http://www.xomba.com/true_story_how_osama_bin_laden_became_arsenal_soccer_fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭beer enigma

MikeySligo wrote: »
    New shirt realised and the rumours were correct.
    Dont like the crest at all. Kit itself is very nice.

Crest is horrendous !!!

http://onlinestore.arsenal.com/invt/h23980a/?temp=popuplargeimg&layout=popups&att1=l

I saw some protos where the leaves were smaller, raised and gold in colour. Looked a lot nicer.

I'm liking the 'keeper kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I hate those iron on crests. Much prefer them embroidered on as it is now. It looks (and probably is) cheap.

Any sign of the away kit?
    Seeing as they are obviously going for the traditional look, is yellow and navy sleeves our traditional away?

They look to be nice slim fit ones again.
    Yippee :rolleyes: :o

I love my jersey to show off my "curves".:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I accept that Fergie's got a title to win and that's the driving force behind every comment he makes but the arrogance still manages to get to me.

But fair play Patrice Evra...
    Evra wrote:
    The attitude at the beginning of the game wasn't right. That is why I was very frustrated. We didn't deserve to win.

His comments have annoyed a lot of us gooners in the past (probably because he was never really too wide of the mark with the stuff he said). Anyway, good to see he's as vocal and straight talking when they finally lose to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

MikeySligo wrote: »
    Any sign of the away kit?
    Seeing as they are obviously going for the traditional look, is yellow and navy sleeves our traditional away?

Arsenal away 2011/12

276959019.jpg

^^Really hope that's not it. Looks like a training top.

That's atrocious...

At least it'll double up as a Dublin Jersey :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Arshy was just tracking back, making so many tackles, really top quality stuff. He played the type of game that a lot of our players need to play every now and then. As I said earlier it was heroic, I think thats the best word.

Completely agree on the Van thing. The only thing is he has scored the odd belter with his right, and if he does it again it could make a defender look like a right tit
    x PyRo wrote: »
    Everything.

He was like a one-man-midget tackling machine.

Sliding here, sliding there, look, Arshavin's sliding everywhere.

It was class!
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Really was a moment to be proud of Arshavin. More of that please. :)

I know it's too late to win the league, but it sure was nice to beat Manchester United and dispense of the "They always beat us" hoodoo, much like what we did with Chelsea ear;ier in the season.

I'm sorry guys, but although he put in a tackle or two his general play was atrocious yesterday. I lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away and if the misplaced passes had gone on for much longer then he could well have been substituted before he got to make a tackle.
    It certainly wasn't a performance to be proud of and certainly wasn't heroic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

^^Really hope that's not it

That is it mate ;)

Fursttimer wrote: »
    That is it mate ;)

Well there's nothing on arsenal.com yet so I'm still holding out with hope. However, based on some of the tracksuits the lads have been posing in I think it probably is legit.

Actually much prefer if this was the home kit TBH:
    http://onlinestore.arsenal.com/invt/423995r/&bklist=

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Thats really nice, I'm gonna get that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Looks like a golf polo...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

That away jersey looks like a semophore signal or something you see on a beach when the lifeguard is on duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'm sure most of you with twitter will have seen this but Cesc answered a good few random questions tonight so I just picked out some of the more interesting ones.
    cesc4official Cesc Fàbregas Soler
    Absolutely everything. RT@kirstyhillitt @cesc4official what impact has playing for arsenal made on your life? :)

MR Arsene Wenger without any doubt! RT @donnyr94 if there was one person in your footballing career you could thank, who would it be?

This season with injuries the worst, the last 40min of the WC Final the best RT@ILooveNicoleS Worst and best moment in your football career?

Young Dennis Bergkamp RT @J_Ray83 @cesc4official if you could play alongside 1 player, still playing or retired, who would it be?

I know the best thing in football is score but oh yes man i do love getting assists! Sorry. SHOOT! RT @yovi85 @cesc4official GOAL OR ASSIST?

London with Barcelonas weather... Oh man... @Harmitinho @cesc4official london or barcelona? which do you prefer as a city?

Thierry Henry Thierry Henry @pelli77 Who is the best striker for u in terms of being on the same wavelength? That is easiest to give a pass?

Thought the bit in bold was funny:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'm liking all the new Arsenal gear.

One thing that has always wound me up is the official stores pricing. The club encourages you to buy in the official store to support the club however their prices aren't competitive?

I'd sooner have the difference in my pocket than in the club store tills. Am I alone on this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I'm liking all the new Arsenal gear.

One thing that has always wound me up is the official stores pricing. The club encourages you to buy in the official store to support the club however their prices aren't competitive?

I'd sooner have the difference in my pocket than in the club store tills. Am I alone on this issue?

Nope, I bought my Arsenal jersey off Soccertriads last year. Name and number on the back and perfect replica for €25.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Nope, I bought my Arsenal jersey off Soccertriads last year. Name and number on the back and perfect replica for €25.

Thats incredible pricing! Hope they have the new one. I bought the current shirt a few months back because it was on sale in the superstore, first jersey I'd bought in a few years, they're too dear

EDIT: You can pre order next seasons shirt with a name and number for £17, I'll be getting that!

66/1 to win the league, worth putting €14.93 on it? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Ticket prices going up approximately 4% next year. I thought it was nice PR work there to let the 6.5% figure float out there for a bit and then pull it back down to 4%... but it turns out that the 4% excludes the government VAT rise of 2.5%. So 4% is just more spin really.

Two very good developments though:

- Number of guaranteed Red Member seats for each match more than doubled, from 1500 to 3500

- All memberships now automatically include ATVO subscription (although it's been renamed the Arsenal player). Really smart move this, I think, and one that guarantees I'll renew for next year.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-fc-announces-pricing-approach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

computer_says_no.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Methinks we need a Boards betting exchange for posts like this! :)

• Advertisement

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Ticket prices going up approximately 4% next year. Nice PR work there letting the 6.5% figure float out there for a bit and then pull it back down to 4%...

Two very good developments though:

- Number of guaranteed Red Member seats for each match more than doubled, from 1500 to 3500

- All memberships now automatically include ATVO subscription (although it's been renamed the Arsenal player). Really smart move this, I think, and one that guarantees I'll renew for next year.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-fc-announces-pricing-approach

That's good, I renew every year regardless, but I just didn't feel that I was getting value for money with ATVO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

L'prof wrote: »
    That's good, I renew every year regardless, but I just didn't feel that I was getting value for money with ATVO.

Has picture quality improved on ATVO? i didnt renew this year, trying to watch live games on it just frustrated me.

Few stupid questions, with red membership I assume you can get one ticket per membership rather than a few?
    Also is ATVO any use for matches?

Few stupid questions, with red membership I assume you can get one ticket per membership rather than a few?
    Also is ATVO any use for matches?

If you know a few people with memberships (and have their permission) you can buy a few seats together, otherwise it's only 1.

You can only watch pre-season friendlies on ATVO. maybe youth and reserve games too, but I'm not sure on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

L'prof wrote: »
    If you know a few people with memberships (and have their permission) you can buy a few seats together, otherwise it's only 1.

You can only watch pre-season friendlies on ATVO. maybe youth and reserve games too, but I'm not sure on that one.

Not true they also show games throughout the season live on ATVO i.e the Fulham game on the 22nd is being shown live on it. I think games that arent picked up for tv they can show live. Just picture quality is useless so i cancelled mine, maybe its better by now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement