Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Not true they also show games throughout the season live on ATVO i.e the Fulham game on the 22nd is being shown live on it. I think games that arent picked up for tv they can show live. Just picture quality is useless so i cancelled mine, maybe its better by now.

I'd be very surprised if this is true, can anybody else confirm? That aside, it'd have to be a lot more than an odd game here or there to get me excited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

L'prof wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if this is true, can anybody else confirm? That aside, it'd have to be a lot more than an odd game here or there to get me excited!

Just go onto arsenal.com has it there on the fixture list, thats how i know about the fulham game checked before i made a show out myself :D. As for how many games a season they show ive no idea really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If you know a few people with memberships (and have their permission) you can buy a few seats together, otherwise it's only 1.

You can only watch pre-season friendlies on ATVO. maybe youth and reserve games too, but I'm not sure on that one.
    Cool, pity the only Arsenal fan I know is my dad and he's was a forerunner for Bergkamp :pac:
    On the fixtures list on the site they have ATVO under "coverage" for every match not on TV, don't know if it means delayed coverage or what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Nah they don't show any games live any more bar preseason. They stopped showing the youth and reserves too.

The highlights however are excellent with the full games available as well as extended highlights. Also highlights of reserve games and youth games.

Having said all that, supposedly they're revamping the whole thing in the summer as part of this new initiative so it could well be improved.

[edit] I think when it says the game is on ATVO it's that there is live text and maybe audio

From the site:
    Arsenal TV Online is bigger and better than ever in 2010/11.

As usual, it is the only place to go for live audio coverage of EVERY Arsenal game and the best place to go for comprehensive coverage of the club you love.

http://www.arsenal.com/whatsontvonline

Nah they don't show any games live any more bar preseason. They stopped showing the youth and reserves too.

The highlights however are excellent with the full games available as well as extended highlights. Also highlights of reserve games and youth games.

Having said all that, supposedly they're revamping the whole thing in the summer as part of this new initiative so it could well be improved.

[edit] I think when it says the game is on ATVO it's that there is live text and maybe audio

From the site:

Yep, live text and audio is what I remember. Anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Ticket prices going up approximately 4% next year. I thought it was nice PR work there to let the 6.5% figure float out there for a bit and then pull it back down to 4%... but it turns out that the 4% excludes the government VAT rise of 2.5%. So 4% is just more spin really.

Two very good developments though:

- Number of guaranteed Red Member seats for each match more than doubled, from 1500 to 3500

- All memberships now automatically include ATVO subscription (although it's been renamed the Arsenal player). Really smart move this, I think, and one that guarantees I'll renew for next year.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-fc-announces-pricing-approach

Depends on what side you are coming from, will make it harder for ST to sell tickets on ticket exchange now :( Arsenal make a big thing about the only way that you can sell ST on is through ticket exchange, they really need to look at this imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Depends on what side you are coming from, will make it harder for ST to sell tickets on ticket exchange now :( Arsenal make a big thing about the only way that you can sell ST on is through ticket exchange, they really need to look at this imo.

Do you have a season ticket?

shano_88 wrote: »
    Do you have a season ticket?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

yes

Jammy bastard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Lansbury, Gibbs and Wilshere all named in the provisional England under 21s squad for the European Championship starting in June.
    Glad to see Gibbs and Lansbury there. Not so sure about Wilshere. It'd be nice to see him get some decent rest over the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Galvasean wrote: »
    Lansbury, Gibbs and Wilshere all named in the provisional England under 21s squad for the European Championship starting in June.
    Glad to see Gibbs and Lansbury there. Not so sure about Wilshere. It'd be nice to see him get some decent rest over the summer.

Agreed. There really needs to be some sort of rule brought in to protect younger players like Jack who are playing both levels of international football. The point of U21 football for me is to give young players a chance to experience and prepare for international games, but guys like Jack already know what its about, he's pretty much a starter now under Capello. They should consider maybe introducing a rule that once you have 5 senior caps or something you can't play U21's anymore. I think if anyone on our squad needs a rest this Summer its him. Good to see the other two there though, particularly curious to see how Lansbury gets on after his good season in the Championship

Wilshere only has 4 caps IIRC.
    Speaking of Lansbury, I wonder willhe spend another season on loan at Norwich playing in the Premier League..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Idiotic by the FA. Bringing him to some pointless (tbh) underage tournament this summer and then he'll be playing in the Euros proper next summer.

Three seasons without a break at a young age. Just look at Cescs hamstrings to see the effects of that many games at such a young age...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Frisbee wrote: »
    Idiotic by the FA. Bringing him to some pointless (tbh) underage tournament this summer and then he'll be playing in the Euros proper next summer.

Three seasons without a break at a young age. Just look at Cescs hamstrings to see the effects of that many games at such a young age...

Absolutely, the Under 21s are not supposed to be an end to themselves but to prepare players for the rigours of full internationals. Jack's already reached that point and his place should be given to someone who needs the prep.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Pearce is a moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Carroll picked as well, its stupid, would like to have seen them try it with rooney back in the day, ferguson would've ripped their heads off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Pearce is a moron.

Couldn't agree more. If you watch the interview on BBC he completely shoots himself in the foot when talking about Theo in comparison to Jack. In his mind it was a good idea that Theo went to the last U21 tournament and that it was just a subsequent dip in form that led to him not making the senior squad for the World Cup the following summer!

Anyway, there appears to be little or nothing we can do about it, other than to ensure that Jack gets a proper rest this summer, even if that means delaying the start of his Arsenal season by a month or more.

This. We do have Ramsey, so we could potentially not start Jack for a month or so and give him the reak he so deserves. I'm not in agreement with Pearce's decision, but there is nothing we could do about.

(Bar Jack picking up an "injury", but the kid wants to play, so let him. We'll have enough depth without him for 6 weeks or so)

Papa Smut wrote: »
    (Bar Jack picking up an "injury", but the kid wants to play, so let him. We'll have enough depth without him for 6 weeks or so)

Arsenal? Depth? Hmmm.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

And the worst thing about this will be the fact that Wenger will be slated in the media and non Arsenal fans for speaking out against this. The man can do any right can he?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Arsenal? Depth? Hmmm.........

To be fair... We're ok in midfield and we'll have youngsters coming back from loan deals, and we might* strengthen up in some departments

*yeah, I know, like it'll happen. And next year will be our year yadda yadda

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Jack should be warned that if he gives his place up to Ramsey at the start of next season, he may not get it back.

Jack should be warned that if he gives his place up to Ramsey at the start of next season, he may not get it back.

With our injury record, he'll just laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

greendom wrote: »
    With our injury record, he'll just laugh

And then aforementioned laughter will cause him to fall off his stool and he'll be out for 6 months.

After the United display I'm kind of looking forward to a midfield trio of Jack, Song and Ramsey...

• Advertisement

Steve Rowleys as good as gone to Chel$ki, apparently they offered him 6 times what he was getting with us. wonder can we do an arnesen and get a bucketload of money for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Absolutely - but is it all that hard at the moment to get rid of tickets on the exchange? I wouldn't be a regular user of it but when I have looked, it's rarely swamped with tickets.

I'd also be of the view that season tickets should only be for people who attend most home matches. This is entirely because I'm a Red Member but I'd like to see a system where STs are given up if more than X% of the time, it's been resold on the exchange. Not having a go at you by the way - I knew you had a ST but I've no idea how often you do or don't go though - but as much as it's probably good for the club financially, I don't like the thought of loads of season tickets basically being used as 'options'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

PS I hope nobody's actually surprised Wilshere has been called up. Unless the FA/Capello forbade it, Pearce was obviously going to pick him and that's fair enough from an England U-21 point of view. I'd also say that he's hardly cemented a senior place so I'm not sure it's really full double-jobbing.

In fact, by allowing him to go with the U-21s, Capello has essentially passed up his opportunity to have him for England's first Euro qualifier of next season as I seem to recall he'll still be on his FIFA-mandated minimum 6-week break.

This is what the table would look like if all shots that hit the woodwork had gone in. Damnit Van Persie!

iUdAic

Heh so true the goal frame is like a magnet to an RVP shot,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Being linked with Ribery? Apparently Arsenal showing a big interest.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Being linked with Ribery? Apparently Arsenal showing a big interest.

Wouldn't be against it obviously but I do think he is/was a bit over rated. Any links?

This is what the table would look like if all shots that hit the woodwork had gone in. Damnit Van Persie!

291030389.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304520480&Signature=9XJnIgBwPC1xrRn84YQqicmK1Fs%3D

Does that include other teams efforts against the woodwork or just ours, do you have the link to te page that's taken from?

Does that include other teams efforts against the woodwork or just ours, do you have the link to te page that's taken from?

Its for all teams. Taken from Optajoe on twitter.

It really is crazy, 12 points ahead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

That table is incredible and proof that luck really does play a bigger part than people think in winning silverware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Did anyone save that table by any chance? Seems to be gone now.

amacachi wrote: »
    Did anyone save that table by any chance? Seems to be gone now.

I saved it. I'll upload it somehwere else and edit it back in now.

[edit] There you go it should be back in my original post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1383476/Arsenal-Tottenham-West-Ham-lose-2m-printer-folds.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
    Arsenal, Tottenham and West Ham are among the clubs to lose more than £1m after Cre8 Publishing, one of the UK's largest printers of matchday programmes, was put into liquidation.

The collapse came after Arsenal had filed a legal action against the publishing group over a claim of £270,000 of unpaid royalties.

The football clubs worst hit are Rangers and Celtic, who are owed almost £500,000 and £400,000 respectively. West Ham are owed £103,000 and Spurs £42,000. Aberdeen and Oldham Athletic are also missing smaller amounts, while the Welsh Rugby Union are owed £120,000.

article-1383476-0BB684FE00000578-426_468x332.jpg Ouch: North London rivals Arsenal and Spurs have both been hit in the pocket

Just three years ago the company's predecessor, Cre8 UK, also went bust leaving the likes of Birmingham City and Watford out of pocket.
    In November last year The Old Firm clubs cancelled contracts with Cre8 Publishing. Celtic urged fans to apply for refunds on their subscriptions, while Rangers told supporters to 'cancel any direct debit payment with immediate effect'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1383476/Arsenal-Tottenham-West-Ham-lose-2m-printer-folds.html#ixzz1LOiLsAtd

Match day programmer maker goes out of business owing a considerable amount of money shouldn't affect Arsenal or Spurs as much(or at all really) as the others though.

Paleface wrote: »
    That table is incredible and proof that luck really does play a bigger part than people think in winning silverware.

We'd be hosed and dried - West Ham will be looking at that table somewhat enviously too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1383476/Arsenal-Tottenham-West-Ham-lose-2m-printer-folds.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Match day programmer maker goes out of business owing a considerable amount of money shouldn't affect Arsenal or Spurs as much(or at all really) as the others though.

Nice photo :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

iUdAic

While I accept that we haven't been the luckiest this year, I feel Arsenal shouldn't be drawn into piutting things down to chance.

Other tables that would look like yours are ones where all teams conceded the same percentage of goals from set pieces or where no goals were scored after the 85th minute. You get the idea.

At the same time, very interesting stat though.

P.S. and hitting the woodwork that much isn't even really bad luck. It's poor shooting.

gosplan wrote: »
    While I accept that we haven't been the luckiest this year, I feel Arsenal shouldn't be drawn into piutting things down to chance.

Other tables that would look like yours are ones where all teams conceded the same percentage of goals from set pieces or where no goals were scored after the 85th minute. You get the idea.

At the same time, very interesting stat though.

P.S. and hitting the woodwork that much isn't even really bad luck. It's poor shooting.

Oh no I'm not bemoaning hitting the post and being unlucky as the reason we're not in a position to win the league (realistically). Just thought it was interesting quite how much of a difference it made to the table.

iUdAic

Does it have the leading goalscorers table too? I imagine RvP would be much better off.

My GAA coaches used to always say 'aim for the crossbar'. They must have been talking to Robin...

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Absolutely - but is it all that hard at the moment to get rid of tickets on the exchange? I wouldn't be a regular user of it but when I have looked, it's rarely swamped with tickets.

I'd also be of the view that season tickets should only be for people who attend most home matches. This is entirely because I'm a Red Member but I'd like to see a system where STs are given up if more than X% of the time, it's been resold on the exchange. Not having a go at you by the way - I knew you had a ST but I've no idea how often you do or don't go though - but as much as it's probably good for the club financially, I don't like the thought of loads of season tickets basically being used as 'options'.

Would agree, I have a very valid reason for not attending the last few seasons though, and please God it will be many more years before I ever go to a match again ;)

Have been a ST holder for a long time, and love where my seat is at the emirates, and will return some day, so definitely don't want to give up where I am sitting,have been very lucky with Ticket exchange in that I have sold my seat for the vast majority of matches, will be interesting to see how things work out next season, can totally see the point of view being a red member, particularly for the bigger games, should make it easier to get tickets. They say they are making changes to the ticket exchange scheme, so will be interesting to see what they are, would be good if you could sell your ST for the season.

Would agree, I have a very valid reason for not attending the last few seasons though, and please God it will be many more years before I ever go to a match again ;)

Have been a ST holder for a long time, and love where my seat is at the emirates, and will return some day, so definitely don't want to give up where I am sitting,have been very lucky with Ticket exchange in that I have sold my seat for the vast majority of matches, will be interesting to see how things work out next season, can totally see the point of view being a red member, particularly for the bigger games, should make it easier to get tickets. They say they are making changes to the ticket exchange scheme, so will be interesting to see what they are, would be good if you could sell your ST for the season.

Just wondering, is your photo on your ST or something? Could you not do this anyway? As a ST holder, if you can't go, can you give your ticket to a mate?

Sorry, I have no idea how it works :o

Just wondering, is your photo on your ST or something? Could you not do this anyway? As a ST holder, if you can't go, can you give your ticket to a mate?

No, photo not on it, kind of very nervous about giving it away though, could easily sell it to people I know from other Arsenal message boards, but would be very nervous if they got pulled up by the stewards if they got over excited/bad behaviour (unlikely I know-but your name is on the ticket)

They also seem to be quite strict on passing on tickets, though I know many do it, it is just the worry, it is my prized possession :p As said have been very lucky up to now with ticket exchange but I may write to the club and explain my situation, see if they can do anything for me.

I once went to a match at Highbury on a (VERY trusting) friend of a father's friend's season ticket book. This was in 2006. No ID checking facilities back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I go to the games by getting season tickets that I don't own. As long as you just have some clue where you're going then you're fine. Don't ever ask a steward for directions when you have someone else's ST, they'll confiscate it.

• Advertisement

I go to the games by getting season tickets that I don't own. As long as you just have some clue where you're going then you're fine. Don't ever ask a steward for directions when you have someone else's ST, they'll confiscate it.

That is definitely my main worry :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement