Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

You'd think they'd be happy that someone waas coming through the turnstyles than no one. The replacement person is worth more revenue to the club in terms of merchandise / food purchases than an empty seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Galvasean wrote: »
    You'd think they'd be happy that someone waas coming through the turnstyles than no one. The replacement person is worth more revenue to the club in terms of merchandise / food purchases than an empty seat.

Spot on, with an empty seat they get nothing, but as you say someone coming through the turnstiles they are going to be spending money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I suppose they make the claim that its to try and stop touting but really there's not many touts will hand over a season ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Verminator could be back this weekend:
    ARSENAL’S medics have told Arsene Wenger that Thomas Vermaelen is ready to make his first senior appearance since August.
    And with Johan Djourou struggling to recover from an ankle injury, Arsene Wenger will consider using Thomas Vermaelen at Stoke on Sunday. Central defender Vermaelen has missed most of the season with an Achilles injury, playing only the first three games against Liverpool, Blackpool and Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

OPENROAD wrote: »
    could easily sell it to people I know from other Arsenal message boards
    Other... Arsenal message boards?

And there I was thinking we all had something special going on here :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Other... Arsenal message boards?

And there I was thinking we all had something special going on here :p

Of course we do :p

Actually out of interest do people post on other Arsenal message boards and if so which ones and are they any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Actually out of interest do people post on other Arsenal message boards and if so which ones and are they any good?

I used to read Arsenal Mania a good bit but I've kind of stopped now. Never posted cos I couldn't be arsed going through all that lobby stuff they have.

Don't post on any Arsenal forums...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Call me old fashioned but I'm a one-forum kinda guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I used to read Arsenal Mania a good bit but I've kind of stopped now. Never posted cos I couldn't be arsed going through all that lobby stuff they have.
    Awful forum. Has the potential to be great but its layout is shyte and the moderation is poor in the regards to letting mancs or tottenham fans on the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Awful forum. Has the potential to be great but its layout is shyte and the moderation is poor in the regards to letting mancs or tottenham fans on the forum.

Forums are always better with the opinions of rival fans.

The thing that makes a forum crap is just plain awful moderation, who don't punish the obvious trolls.

That's what makes this forum so good, the levels of trolling are minimal in comparison to other forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Forums are always better with the opinions of rival fans.

The thing that makes a forum crap is just plain awful moderation, who don't punish the obvious trolls.

That's what makes this forum so good, the levels of trolling are minimal in comparison to other forums.
    Yeah. That is what i mean. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

Anyone see this?its what the table would look like had all the shots that hit the woodwork went in,yes we would be champions.

http://twitpic.com/4t9shh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Anyone see this?its what the table would look like had all the shots that hit the woodwork went in,yes we would be champions.

http://twitpic.com/4t9shh

About 3 pages back buddy, big chat about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I used to post on the official forum (still do occasionally), but boards is where I'm at these days.

Stoke fans hoping ramsey gets his leg broken again,and laughing about it:mad::mad::mad:
    http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=161211

keano_afc wrote: »
    About 3 pages back buddy, big chat about it.

oops my bad:D

Stoke fans hoping ramsey gets his leg broken again,and laughing about it:mad::mad::mad:
    http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=161211

Just read the whole thread. What an awful bunch of scumbags. One or two decent fans in there but the majority are reprehensible. Would dearly love Aaron to score the winner.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Just read the whole thread. What an awful bunch of scumbags. One or two decent fans in there but the majority are reprehensible. Would dearly love Aaron to score the winner.

Ye in fairness a few fans accept what the rest are saying is wrong,but even one fan hoping for another leg break is too much.

hope we stuff them 6-0:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I posted on AM for years but it got taken over by a betting company and now it's just ads. The moderators can't do a whole lot as the new owners don't want to deny anyone access (trolls are traffic too!). I setup my own forum with a bunch of lads who were similarly disenchanted with it. It's an ickle, close-knit community which I prefer to the big monsters!

I can't stand Stoke. I look forward to the day those knuckle-draggers are relegated again.

• Advertisement

I posted on AM for years but it got taken over by a betting company and now it's just ads. The moderators can't do a whole lot as the new owners don't want to deny anyone access (trolls are traffic too!). I setup my own forum with a bunch of lads who were similarly disenchanted with it. It's an ickle, close-knit community which I prefer to the big monsters!

I can't stand Stoke. I look forward to the day those knuckle-draggers are relegated again.

can you PM me the link to your forum please,or is it invitation only:p

haha. No, the link is in my signature, also in my boards profile's contact information.

haha. No, the link is in my signature, also in my boards profile's contact information.

I just joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It's stuff like the above that generally makes me avoid club specific forums. you end up with just everyone abusing the opposition and no dissenting voice to add any semblance of reason to it.

Just look at how the majority of those Stoke fans appear to us (and probably would to most football fans) it's embarrassing.

True, but at the same time it can be nice to just talk honestly about your club without having to bend over backwards to try to appear impartial. You also don't really get to go into the same depth on a generalised one. Both serve a purpose.

True, but at the same time it can be nice to just talk honestly about your club without having to bend over backwards to try to appear impartial. You also don't really get to go into the same depth on a generalised one. Both serve a purpose.

Also true. Mainly depends on how well run they are and how much pointless and worthless shít they're willing to let slide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Noo

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Verminator could be back this weekend:

I'm excited/terrified at this prospect

I recognise a few of the names on your forum there alright. Might give it a shot myself later.

Good job on setting it up though.

Noo wrote: »
    I'm excited/terrified at this prospect

I'd prefer not to see Vermaelen play again this season. That way Wenger can't put a rosy spin on everything and pass it off as 'like a new signing' and say we don't need to sign another CB.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'd prefer not to see Vermaelen play again this season. That way Wenger can't put a rosy spin on everything and pass it off as 'like a new signing' and say we don't need to sign another CB.

Either way he's going to do that so I say fuck it, let him play.

In fairness the majority of posters there were decent enough people to rise above such sick minded pettiness. It was only a few who were acting the maggit.

Looks like the half navy/half blue mock up we've seen will indeed be next years away kit.

http://le-grove.tumblr.com/post/5242630048/new-arsenal-kit-video-courtesy-of-nike

About halfway through you can see it on a clothes hanger in the background :pac:

Good spot. I'm curious to see what it'll look like on the players.

Cesc, Nasri and Diaby out for the weekend then. Means that Ramsey will almost certainly play against Stoke. Hopefully he wont be put off by some of the Stoke fans that are bound to boo him as well as whatever else they have in store.

Clichy is a doubt too. Is Gibbs still injured? If so he might have no choice but to put Vermaelen in at LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Rambo should be captain this weekend.

• Advertisement

Guesses for the team?

Szczesny

Sagne--Djourou--Koscielny--Clichy

----Wilshere----Song
    Ramsey

Walcott
    van Persie---Arshavin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

Frisbee wrote: »
    Clichy is a doubt too. Is Gibbs still injured? If so he might have no choice but to put Vermaelen in at LB.

Clichy should start. Only a slight hamstring pull.

Gibbs is not injured.

I'd like Vermaelen to start (Djourou injured), if not, 100% v Villa.

Arsenal.com said Djourou and Gibbs to have fitness tests. Vermaelen in squad. Diaby, Fabregas and Nasri all out.

I'd say Vermaelen will only start if Djourou doesn't make it.

Arsenal.com said Djourou and Gibbs to have fitness tests

Direct link?

I was certain Gibbs is fully fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Fursttimer wrote: »
    Direct link?

I was certain Gibbs is fully fit

Nobody can ever be certain that Gibbs is fully fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

^^ Think it might have been a typo. Official site says Clichy to have a fitness test.

Piece here on Kroenke's official takeover offer document and the borrowing that may fund it if everyone takes up the offer.

Usmanov's role obviously becomes important here in deciding just exactly how much Kroenke has to pay. At £11,750 a share, I'm not sure he'd be making much money (possibly he'd even lose money?) so Kroenke's financing may not come into it.

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    ^^ Think it might have been a typo. Official site says Clichy to have a fitness test.

Yup, thats what it was. Arsenal's recent left backs all look alike to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Yup, thats what it was. Arsenal's recent left backs all look alike to me.

Yeah Gibbs, Clichy and Cygan 3 peas in a pod. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Do any of you know much about Roarie Deacon or Jason Banton?

Both are former members of your academy but have recently come up to Sunderland for a trial and apparently they're both impressing.

They both played on the flanks for us in our reserve cup semi-final V Preston in which we won 5-3.

peabutler wrote: »
    Yeah Gibbs, Clichy and Cygan 3 peas in a pod. :)

Gibbs
    Traore
    Clichy
    Cole

All small brown and fast ;)

Paully D wrote: »
    Do any of you know much about Roarie Deacon or Jason Banton?

Both are former members of your academy but have recently come up to Sunderland for a trial and apparently they're both impressing.

They both played on the flanks for us in our reserve cup semi-final V Preston in which we won 5-3.

I coulda sworn Roarie Deacon still played for us! haha. Can't say I know too much about him honestly although as far as I recall he's decent on the wing and can contribute goals too.

Don't think I remember the other lad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I thought Jason Banton was at Liverpool now.
    He must have been released again.

Blackburn had him too.
    He looked very talented when i saw him play on the left wing but apparently he has issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Good article on Ramsey's return to the Britannia

Aaron-Ramsey-007.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/06/aaron-ramsey-arsenal-stoke

Increase of over 25% for both of the above for next season :eek:

As much as 45% depending on which option people are on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Fúcking hell. It was too expensive at it was.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement