Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭sonic85

a lot of the time ive seen him this season he looks like he wants out. just cant be arsed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Samba for 8mil according to Daily Mail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Samba is just what Arsenal need and at 8million that would be a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

That goal against Everton is ****ing beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Chris Samba is not what we need at all. Yes he's tall and has 'steel' but he turns like a fúcking bus, he'd be crucified with our high line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Frisbee wrote: »
    Chris Samba is not what we need at all. Yes he's tall and has 'steel' but he turns like a fúcking bus, he'd be crucified with our high line.

We need to change the high line. I much preferred when we counter attacked with than when what we do now, which is just pass the ball around their half of the field.

Quazzie wrote: »
    We need to change the high line. I much preferred when we counter attacked with than when what we do now, which is just pass the ball around their half of the field.

That won't happen though. Wenger won't change from the system we have now. And in that system, Samba will be a liability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Apparently Kyle Bartley has been told he has no future at Arsenal and could move to Rangers on a perm basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duckytech

Favourite pass was v Aston Villa for Wallcott to hit post. Video also reminds me of how many sitters we missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Guardiola and Arsenal feel like a good fit to me for some reason.

Think his contract is up next season and he's looking for a new challenge and Wenger might want a break from the pressure.

Maybe he'll bring Xavi with him to wind down his career:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I don't care how good Xavi is. All I can think about him is last summer and how much of a total cúnt he was. Don't want him anywhere near the club.

Rumours Guardiola is going to quit Barca next summer...

Isn't Wengers contract up next summer?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Not sure on the Pep love in here; for sure he's a quality manager but you have to remember he has one of the best teams the world has seen playing for him - he'd have to build that at Arsenal whereas at Barcelona when he came to power a lot of the current team were already in place.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Isn't Wengers contract up next summer
    No...

I thought it's up in 2012. When is it up then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

cson wrote: »
    Not sure on the Pep love in here; for sure he's a quality manager but you have to remember he has one of the best teams the world has seen playing for him - he'd have to build that at Arsenal whereas at Barcelona when he came to power a lot of the current team were already in place.

No it doesn't matter whether the players are that good. He has taught every one of them his superb passing tactic. Pep is one of the best managers and there is no disputing that. Do you think Barca would have still played that fantastic passing game if he wasn't there?

And on a slightly unrelated note: Jaysus Fergie needs to buy a CM, Barca tore them apart there last night, and that's where Arsenal done the damage a few weeks ago too. Gibson, Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes. Park is ok but he was playing out wide. But from them four ^ I wouldn't let any of them play if I was manager of Sunderland or whoever. Only reason Carrick's in the ENG squad is cos hes a regular at United. /rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Papa Smut wrote: »
    I thought it's up in 2012. When is it up then?

2014. Only signed last August!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Adrian Durham said a few days ago he thinks Wenger will do one more season and then Guardiola will take over.

Interesting fact: We're the only team to have defeated Barcelona in the 2010/2011 Champions League.

Yay. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Adrian Durham said a few days ago he thinks Wenger will do one more season and then Guardiola will take over.

Can't see Guardiola leaving Barca; certainly not in the next couple of seasons anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Afobe in bits after the playoff final. I wonder where he'll be next season?

Put on SS, Pires has just scored and Henry is about to get 4...I miss that team so much :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

greendom wrote: »
    Can't see Guardiola leaving Barca; certainly not in the next couple of seasons anyway.

He was going to leave last season, its only a matter of time.

I think he'll finish his contract and leave next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

He was going to leave last season, its only a matter of time.

I think he'll finish his contract and leave next season.

That's pretty much what he's said himself. I don't see much point on us discussing replacements when we don't know when Wenger will leave. All depends on the time, and who's available. We certainly won't be able to get anyone to jump ship and manage us.

So our possible qualifier opponents will be from:

Dynamo Kiev
    Panathinaikos
    Twente
    Standard Liege
    OB Odense
    Timisoara
    Rubin Kazan
    Trabzonspor
    Udinese
    FC Zurich

Those three in bold would be the main ones to hope to avoid I reckon.

• Advertisement

So our possible qualifier opponents will be from:

Dynamo Kiev
    Panathinaikos
    Twente
    Standard Liege
    OB Odense
    Timisoara
    Rubin Kazan
    Trabzonspor
    Udinese
    FC Zurich

Those three in bold would be the main ones to hope to avoid I reckon.

As long as we avoid any big journeys and Udinese I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

Mark Randell has been released from the club along with Thomas Cruise. Wish them all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

Mark Randell has been released from the club along with Thomas Cruise. Wish them all the best.

Bout time Randall saw the exit door. Long overdue. Good f**ing riddance. Waste of space

Fursttimer wrote: »
    Bout time Randall saw the exit door. Long overdue. Good f**ing riddance. Waste of space

Jaysus relax!

Not every player we take in is good enough to make it at Arsenal, doesn't mean they're ****e; most go on to have decent careers - Sidwell, Stokes and Bentley for instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Jaysus relax!

Not every player we take in is good enough to make it at Arsenal, doesn't mean they're ****e; most go on to have decent careers - Sidwell, Stokes and Bentley for instance.

The list goes on:

Seb Larsson, Jay Boythroyd, Keith Fahey, Jerome Thomas...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Arsenal linked with De Rossi today... He was thrown out of the Italy squad for behavior problems today. Roma director of football is also in London today to discuss potential deals for both Clichy and Denilson.

Always loved De Rossi since Fifa 08 super teams. Would love him at Arsenal, long range peg on him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Arsenal linked with De Rossi today... He was thrown out of the Italy squad for behavior problems today. Roma director of football is also in London today to discuss potential deals for both Clichy and Denilson.

Always loved De Rossi since Fifa 08 super teams. Would love him at Arsenal, long range peg on him :D

De Rossi would be quality. I'd imagine other clubs would be in for him if he was for sale. Come to think of it, has Wenger ever signed an Italian player that hasn't been a youngster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭sonic85

that long range shooting ability will soon be coached out of him if he joins us and hell end up being a crab passer. rosicky had an eye for the spectacular too but i cant even remember the last time i seen him try a long range shot never mind score from one. anybody remember this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0-hyWPeGJA

just found this - was it his first goal for us? brilliant. why cant we have a pop from distance more often

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTwWkxQLEQk&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

SDTimeout wrote: »

Sounds like very good swap.
    It will be nice for that denilson to join a winning team.:D
    sonic85 wrote: »
    that long range shooting ability will soon be coached out of him if he joins us and hell end up being a crab passer. rosicky had an eye for the spectacular too but i cant even remember the last time i seen him try a long range shot never mind score from one. anybody remember this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0-hyWPeGJA

just found this - was it his first goal for us? brilliant. why cant we have a pop from distance more often

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTwWkxQLEQk&feature=related

At this stage he is probably afraid to hit the ball too hard in case he falls over injured.

Anyone any idea how much they reckon Wenger can raise by offloading some of the deadwood ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

Jaysus relax!

Relax? Pull the other one.

I've seen my season-ticket expense pay the likes of this idiot for far too long.

He wasn't even good enough to clean the boots at League 2 side Rotherham.

One less joker at the club.

Fursttimer wrote: »
    Relax? Pull the other one.

I've seen my season-ticket expense pay the likes of this idiot for far too long.

He wasn't even good enough to clean the boots at League 2 side Rotherham.

One less joker at the club.

Do you know something we don't about Mark Randall?

To be honest there was and still is bigger wasters on massive salaries at Arsenal FC who wont even try a leg hence we have to play 2 qualifying legs despite being in a position to win the league at one stage.

Your season ticket is still currently paying for Bendtner, Rosicky, Arshavin, Denilson, Almunia and perhaps even Lehmann next season. Randall didn't play enough games for us to judge him properly. Wenger had enough faith to bring him and Henri Lansbury off with the senior team to a training camp in Austria when they were both 16 so he cant be that bad.

Randall looked amazing at 16, his touch was immaculate. It seems he's somehow contrived to get worse since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Randall, such a waste of talent. I'd wish him well, but frankly, given how you see more effort from overweight 50 year olds down at the local 5 a side I'm not arsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Any rumblings on Cesc's future as of late ?

Has he made any statement - read Wenger saying something the other week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

redout wrote: »
    Any rumblings on Cesc's future as of late ?

Has he made any statement - read Wenger saying something the other week.

Wenger said the 'he's contracted so he'll stay line'.

• Advertisement

I had a dream last night that in answer to us needing competition for Song, Wenger signed Hargreaves on a free.

It was horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭beer enigma

:D ROFL thats the best laugh I've had this week - thanks Frisbee

I had a dream last night that in answer to us needing competition for Song, Wenger signed Hargreaves on a free.

It was horrible.
    He'd be cheap!

Just sayin...

We used to get linked to him all the time before he joined United. He was like Yaya Toure in that regard. Dodged a bullet there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It was horrible.

I was in the pub with a United fan mate of mine yesterday and he asked me, "What would it take for Arsenal to sell Nasri to United?" My answer was Hargreaves and a packet of Quavers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hmm I was thinking about signing a striker. While I'd love Falcao or Benzema they don' strike me as typical Arsenal signings.
    What about Shane Long? He has impressed me whenever he lines out for Ireland. very determined. Good at holding the ball as a target man. Good goal tally this season. He shouldn't cost too much since Reading missed out on promotion. Plus at 24 he's not a kid, but not too old to learn new tricks either.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Hmm I was thinking about signing a striker. While I'd love Falcao or Benzema they don' strike me as typical Arsenal signings.
    What about Shane Long? He has impressed me whenever he lines out for Ireland. very determined. Good at holding the ball as a target man. Good goal tally this season. He shouldn't cost too much since Reading missed out on promotion. Plus at 24 he's not a kid, but not too old to learn new tricks either.

Shane Long?

Shane Fúcking Long?!?

Please tell me you're joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Was Long not totally anonymous yesterday against 2 Championship defenders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

if arsenal signed shane long i would prob give up supporing them

the day we sign an average championship player who scored a few goals would be the day arsenal gave up any ambition to win a premiership

going for the likes of falcao and benezma - Yes
    going for the likes of long and nzgobia - F**K NO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

It was horrible.

Don't worry he is not French unlike that other twat silvestre.
    Can't understand why he ever took that reject.
    Shane Long?

Shane Fúcking Long?!?

Careful now.
    Some of Shane Long's relatives may be around and been from Tipp they probably know how to use hurleys pretty well. :D

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

i still have nightmares of seeing silvestres name is the team sheet

what in gods name was he ever thinking signing that fruitcake

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement