Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

shano_88 wrote: »
    Straight swap for Vidic? ;)

No chance but you can have the PIG :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Headshot wrote: »
    No chance but you can have the PIG :D

We have enough dodgy goalies, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

OPENROAD wrote: »
    He certainly comes across very well, I would hope that we won't see any more increases in ST prices in the coming years after this years. One thing that did interest me was a possible plan regarding ticketing and technology, feel that this might have something to do with ticket exchange.

I thought the standing areas had a legal issue, surprised he didn't mention that, as you say, he was probably being diplomatic.

Ya I get the feeling this latest hike was more of a hike for a coming era as opposed to a yearly one.

Ya, I hope it involves keeping the ticket exchange though. Fantastic idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Headshot wrote: »
    Your very mean on not letting utd have Nasri

very mean :D

It was never on the cards. The sooner he signs a new contract, the sooner we stop hearing all these ridiculous rumours!

Wouldn't mind selling Sagna also

Are you blind?, he has been our best RB since Lauren.
    Great idea, get rid of Sagna because he talks and keep Eboue.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Wouldn't mind selling Sagna also

:eek: Who do you think yer manager Harry will sign this summer??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Any idea if Miyaichi is going to spend another year in Holland or is he coming to Arsenal?

I'm not sure about how good he is, trusting neither youtube clips, or sky sports reports.

One thing he is though is explosive, so is Hazard. Think we miss a bit of that, Arshavin and Nasri being two very unexplosive wingers. Walcott's explosive but still can't always seem to think as fast as he runs. Still, the chap has come on a good bit this year, especially with his finishing.

Gervinho or not, if Nasri goes, we should really put all our eggs in the Hazard basket. If Nasri stays, we should still put all our eggs in the Hazard basket and flog Arshavin. Then when Cesc goes we'd have Gervinho(assuming he's coming), Hazard, Walcott and Miyaichi. God knows where they'd all end up playing under Wenger but we'd be sorted for the two wing positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Sagna is not going to be sold. End of.

I just wish that interviews were reported in their full context and not just snippets taken and used as headlines.

I'm sure Sagna's comments were truthful and delivered with integrity. I doubt he is consigned to both Cesc and Nasri as having played their last games for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

gosplan wrote: »
    Any idea if Miyaichi is going to spend another year in Holland or is he coming to Arsenal?

He was in the preliminary Japan squad for the Copa but was then removed so there's essentially no chance of us being granted a special talent visa for him. I reckon he'll be in Holland again next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I thought I read somewhere that AW wants him to have a pre-season with us to see how he has progressed and then re-apply for a permit (even if it is a wasted exercise).

Frisbee wrote: »
    He was in the preliminary Japan squad for the Copa but was then removed so there's essentially no chance of us being granted a special talent visa for him. I reckon he'll be in Holland again next year.

It's a shame, not that i think he would get many starts with ARshavin hanging around and Gervinho being talked about.
    Looks a very promising player, not just for the future, but now.

I'm delighted tbh, otherwise Wenger would probably try play him next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He'd be like a new signing :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He looks like he would have been a useful squad player, but it doesn't look like he'll get a permit. Pity.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/15/cesc-fabregas-frustration-arsenal-transfer

Looks like Cesc won't be going this summer, unless Barca make an offer too good to refuse.
    I believe the club and manager will only sell when Cesc says "I want to go NOW".
    :cool:

• Advertisement

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8333/0/arsenal-make-move-shakhtar-donetsk-playmaker

I dont know much about Willian but anything that takes Denilson away from the club is a plus in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

RVP 11 wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/15/cesc-fabregas-frustration-arsenal-transfer

Looks like Cesc won't be going this summer, unless Barca make an offer too good to refuse.
    I believe the club and manager will only sell when Cesc says "I want to go NOW".
    :cool:

Good article and some very promising quotes. I like the way he says he is happy at Arsenal and is frustrated at not winning trophies at the moment. He still has 4 years left on his contract so im sure he will still be at the club for next season. Obviously though speculation about him leaving will continue throughout the summer regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The speculation will continue no doubt but in fairness to Barca, they haven't been banging on about it like last season.

If the stories about their transfer budget are true then they can't buy Cesc as they simply must buy a new forward.

gosplan wrote: »
    The speculation will continue no doubt but in fairness to Barca, they haven't been banging on about it like last season.

If the stories about their transfer budget are true then they can't buy Cesc as they simply must buy a new forward.

I think the relationship between the two clubs has improved since last summer. The fact that they let Barca use their training ground in the run up to the CL final also points to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I think the cesc transfer story is pretty simple if barca pay the proper money they will get him, if they try get him on the cheap like they always do he will stay, simples

• Advertisement

But why would Wenger or the board want "proper" money for him.
    This isn't even like Ronaldo @ United a few seasons back where millions was being thrown around like smarties and the player himself was crying out to leave.
    We have had half arsed interest from Barca, trying to get a cutprice deal, whilst the player has been a model professional about it, insisting he is loyal to the club and has four seasons left on his contract.
    We don't NEED to sell him, but if they really want him any time soon, let them pay over the odds and some, i'm sure thats the way Wenger will look at it, he is is protege afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We shouldnt let Fab go for anything less than £50m. Or, less money but with an established player, like Iniesta or Dani Alves. No point asking for Messi, useless on a cold Tuesday in Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8333/0/arsenal-make-move-shakhtar-donetsk-playmaker

I dont know much about Willian but anything that takes Denilson away from the club is a plus in my eyes.

I'd jump at this. I've seen Willian play a few games and he looks deadly!

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'd jump at this. I've seen Willian play a few games and he looks deadly!

A straight swap of Denilson for Willian & Douglas Costa sounds about right to me, if we can't get a permit for Costa they can keep him on loan until we can ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Lads I presume this twitter account isn't official ? Just it seems to have a lot of followers.

@ArsenalMagazine Just tweeted.
    ArsenalMagazine Arsenal Magazine
    Arsenal have announced the sale of Cesc to Barcelona for the fee of £25 million

??

Edit lol
    ArsenalMagazine Arsenal Magazine
    Ok guys, someone's hacked our account. No truth in anything you've read re Cesc, Hazard or anything else. Really sorry - occupational risk.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

keano_afc wrote: »
    We shouldnt let Fab go for anything less than £50m. Or, less money but with an established player, like Iniesta or Dani Alves. No point asking for Messi, useless on a cold Tuesday in Stoke.

No no not alves. :(
    It would be like having cole part deux.

I am not allowed discuss …

So Willian is from Ribeirão Pires...

...so dreamy ;)

If we do manage to hold onto Cesc and Nasri, What areas do ya reckon we will strengthen?

Also, What youth players do you think will make the jump to first team squad this year?

Also, What youth players do you think will make the jump to first team squad this year?

Lansbury to take over from either Rosicky or Denilson but get less games.

Maybe Bartley if he doesn't go on loan and Squillaci goes.

Aside form that none of them have a hope aside from maybe Afobe in a few years.

I think aneke and afobe will get a good chance pre season but will go out on loan, hopefully a premier league club for afobe he looks the real deal.

Ozyakup was promised first team chances when he signed his new contract so he will be there or there abouts too.

But i reckon the only player who will step up will be Coquelin, had a great season in ligue 1 and is finally starting to look the part, but he will miss pre season, so that might ruin his chances a bit.

On another note reports were looking at gordon from sunderland to battle it out with szchez for numder one spot, i quiet like that move if its true

• Advertisement

I'm forever forgetting about Coquelin. I'd imagine he may be involved next year. If he's not I reckon he'll be sold.

I'm forever forgetting about Coquelin. I'd imagine he may be involved next year. If he's not I reckon he'll be sold.

He is better than frimpong he deserves his chance i rate him, i hope he gets a go in that DM role and not right back where he played most of his games for us

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Are you blind?, he has been our best RB since Lauren.
    Great idea, get rid of Sagna because he talks and keep Eboue.:pac:

Ok maybe I need to clarify my comment which to be honest was said in the heat of the moment and I was a bit grumpy when I wrote the comment ;) No we shouldn't sell Sagna, however I don't know about anyone else, but the will they or won't they stay that seems to surround our players the last few seasons is really getting annoying.

One thing that was brought up at the AST was the whole respect towards the fans, and as a long standing ST holder I kind of agree with the sentiment, I really would rather our players did not comment on other players contracts at the club, but maybe that is just me :)

Anyone have any hope for JET. He done alright for Cardiff last year afaik.

Samba deal just done
    And were going to put in a bid for defoe

Thats me for the day:)

Samba deal just done
    And were going to put in a bid for defoe

Thats me for the day:)

linkage?

Ok maybe I need to clarify my comment which to be honest was said in the heat of the moment and I was a bit grumpy when I wrote the comment ;) No we shouldn't sell Sagna, however I don't know about anyone else, but the will they or won't they stay that seems to surround our players the last few seasons is really getting annoying.

One thing that was brought up at the AST was the whole respect towards the fans, and as a long standing ST holder I kind of agree with the sentiment, I really would rather our players did not comment on other players contracts at the club, but maybe that is just me :)

Last few seasons??? Ever since the Vieira to Madrid rumours really. I'm numb to it at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

L'prof wrote: »
    Last few seasons??? Ever since the Vieira to Madrid rumours really. I'm numb to it at this stage!

Actually used to be numb to it, but last summer changed my view completely :(

Maybe Bartley if he doesn't go on loan and Squillaci goes.

I thought I read on the official website that Bartley had a transfer request accepted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

It is truly bizarre to me how Chelsea bid 22 million pounds for a player like Modric and yet we bid 16 million pounds for Jones, he goes to Man Utd, but we bid 16 million pounds for him. He is only a kid in football terms. And yet we aren’t bidding 22 million for Modric or a player with a similar like status?

I know we have many players of similar build and quality like Nasri or Fabregas or Wilshere but surely we should be showing a signal of intent that we are going to bid that sort of money on players like Modric? It is frankly bizarre how we obviously have cash to spend and are looking for players and yet we don’t bid for a player like Modric. Even if we don’t get him, it is the intent which is key.

To show we are in the transfer market and do mean business and be up blunt with our bids. For example, I have to question the speed of our transfer work so far, we have been linked with players like Gervinho and Cahill, Samba etc and fine but why haven’t we signed Cahill yet? Gervinho should already be an Arsenal player. We should of signed these guys by now.

Some will say, well it is early days, yes it is but we have work to do and we need to get players in, improve the squad, the first team and change the squad dynamics a bit. Plus we have a champions league qualifier too. I think we mess about in the transfer market far too much. See the player or players you want, show your intent, pay good money for them and get the deals done.

Don’t wait around for cheap prices or cheap negotiating. Be swift and decisive

I see Viera's a free agent now...

...jus' sayin' ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭beer enigma

A few of the UK papers now linking Defoe

***k Defoe!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

He's no Franny Jeffers but maybe Defoe could be just the fox in the box we need :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

personally id love defoe, always admired him as a player

• Advertisement

I've always thought Defoe has a cracking strike on him and would score goals at Arsenal no doubt.

However this story surely must be tabloid fodder. 'Arry wouldn't sell him.

Jermaine Defoe, no thanks.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    It is truly bizarre to me how Chelsea bid 22 million pounds for a player like Modric and yet we bid 16 million pounds for Jones, he goes to Man Utd, but we bid 16 million pounds for him. He is only a kid in football terms. And yet we aren’t bidding 22 million for Modric or a player with a similar like status?

A Spurs supporting mate of mine was on facebook yesterday damning Chelseas 'insulting' and 'paltry' offer of 'only' £22million. Shows you how daft football has gotten thanks to these super-money clubs. Modric is probably only worth £16million, £20 million at a push if we factor in the fact that a rival club is in for him. We're at the ridiculous stage now where £10 million is considered a modest buy in today's market!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Galvasean wrote: »
    A Spurs supporting mate of mine was on facebook yesterday damning Chelseas 'insulting' and 'paltry' offer of 'only' £22million. Shows you how daft football has gotten thanks to these super-money clubs. Modric is probably only worth £16million, £20 million at a push if we factor in the fact that a rival club is in for him. We're at the ridiculous stage now where £10 million is considered a modest buy in today's market!

Its ridiculous some of the fee's expected but the way I look at it is if my team is selling a player i'd want as much as possible. It makes me feel old when I think back to the Andy Cole transfer to United for 7m and that was huge money at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2011/06/16/2534397/arsenal-in-advanced-talks-to-sign-gary-cahill-christopher

Just seen Gary Cahill is only 25 would be a great but big,tall,strong and no nonsense nothing fancy bout him just clears the danger same with samba,talk of vermalaen goin LB

Sagna - cahill - Samba - Vermalaen

Doesnt look 2 bad :-)

matthew upson is avail on a free?were we looking to bring him back not so long ago?! just throwin it out there

as for Defoe,i dunno he could be prolific if he got his form back,honestly i would rather see defoe coming on then bendtner,dunno if he would leave spurs to join arsenal?sayin that he left west ham to join spurs

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement