Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

1239240241242243245»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Galvasean wrote: »
    "Wanna bet?"
    gun__1278518613_koscielny01.jpg&sa=X&ei=4J37TfPzLqnl0QHSrJW1Aw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFGHmVNTTWHyyQxXnpanI5QlDqEAA

tbh i thought it was a fun on the stat that he did not loose a single tackle in Ligue 1 the year before he signed with us. Something like that i remember opta saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Well, this week ended with a whimper. What happened to all our 'in the next 48 hours' announcements?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Well, this week ended with a whimper. What happened to all our 'in the next 48 hours' announcements?

Come on, surely you know better than to get your hopes up by now?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Arsenal seemingly leading the chase in signing Enrique. Would be an excellent signing for your lot and personally I'd rather him go there than Liverpool myelf.

Clichy has been linked with us too but I can't see that happening.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Arsenal seemingly leading the chase in signing Enrique. Would be an excellent signing for your lot and personally I'd rather him go there than Liverpool myelf.

Clichy has been linked with us too but I can't see that happening.

If we were to lose Clichy, I'd be very happy to see Enrique replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Just a question to all you Arsenal fans, Why is it that a lot of you think Gervinho is not a good signing? From what I saw of him last season, he seemed a very good player. He's not as good as Hazard but still a decent signing

Just a question to all you Arsenal fans, Why is it that a lot of you think Gervinho is not a good signing? From what I saw of him last season, he seemed a very good player. He's not as good as Hazard but still a decent signing

'Cos he's not a "name"
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

gervinho will do very well for us, he is explosive and can beat a man and better on the ball then walcott. both narsi and fabregas will stay i am 100 per cent confident of that. i still feel we are missing the big picture though, our defence and goalkeeping problem, we are one of the best attacking sides in the world we just need 2 top class defenders a experienced goal keeper that can take pressure and dm midfield cover for song, we fall apart if song doesnt play. he is class! bring back flamini!

Central defender and Left back please now. Happy with all the other positions.

Szczesny* no.1!

*one day I'll be able to spell his name!
    Googled it that time :D

• Advertisement

Central defender and Left back please now. Happy with all the other positions.

Szczesny* no.1!

*one day I'll be able to spell his name!
    Googled it that time :D

szczesny is not ready to be number 1...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    szczesny is not ready to be number 1...

He is absolutely ready. Bit of decent competition from Gordon would be good though

He is absolutely ready. What would you prefer to do? Send him on loan again?

He is absolutely ready. What would you prefer to do? Send him on loan again?

he has made high profile mistakes and he is too young, look at liverpool, chelsea and now even spurs have all got experience goalkeepers, thats how u win things.

Bar Birmingham in the cup final I can't think of many mistakes he made. This is the season for him to get the confidence to own the box and control the defenders.

Bar Birmingham in the cup final I can't think of many mistakes he made. This is the season for him to get the confidence to own the box and control the defenders.

what about against spurs and that penalty... that's another one! listen i think the guy will be a world class goalkeeper but we need a experience goalie to try control that defence.

• Advertisement

So what would you do with him? He's too good to be no. 2 imo.

So what would you do with him? He's too good to be no. 2 imo.

loan him out, or let him learn from the experience guy that comes in, plus he can play in both the cups.

loan him out, or let him learn from the experience guy that comes in, plus he can play in both the cups.

He wouldn't put up with that, nor should he. He's done nothing to merit being dropped and until he does I'll be more than happy to see him starting every game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

what about against spurs and that penalty... that's another one! listen i think the guy will be a world class goalkeeper but we need a experience goalie to try control that defence.
    Hey hey hey now, don't put that down to experience. It happens almost every keeper regardless of age or experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

The guy plays over 20 games this season and you can only remember two mistakes? Even the greats make mistakes, remember this? Even this season VDS cost United points at WBA and arguably could have done better in the for the second goal against Barca too.

I always though Almunia would get better with experience but he never did. Even United are thinking of replace VDS with a 20 year old, so age seems to have little to do with it. Nothing wrong with having Szczesny as our #1 (so long as he works on his distribution).

• Advertisement

The guy plays over 20 games this season and you can only remember two mistakes? Even the greats make mistakes, remember this? Even this season VDS cost United points at WBA and arguably could have done better in the for the second goal against Barca too.

I always though Almunia would get better with experience but he never did. Even United are thinking of replace VDS with a 20 year old, so age seems to have little to do with it. Nothing wrong with having Szczesny as our #1 (so long as he works on his distribution).

i disagree.... u need a someone who will talk and has tonnes of experience... a leader from number 1, our defence needs it badly, there all over the shop! u need someone that will command instant respect and will marshall the defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement