Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Happy to see Jack and Gibbs look like they are getting promoted to the English team, both crazily talented. Can seriously see Gibbs displacing clichy this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Cool, I'm in. Pre-season Wonders FTW.

worldofarsenal

Brilliant reception for Cesc, fans singing his name, player loving it too - good to see #Arsenal

RT @homekeepsmoving: @arseblogSigns? And the Arsenal fans sang "we love cesc fabregas and he clapped us"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Anywhere to watch Arsenal TV that you don't have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

In the process of ordering my Arsenal shirt from soccer triads and I cant decide what name to get on the back. Was thinking Bendtner, Arshavin or Nasri,

Edit: went with Arshavin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Haha Szcesny just smashed one against the crossbar in the crossbar challenge and it bounced down over the line and back out again Lampard style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

I think it's a bit different for Brazilians.
    Sure they're all 'special talents' :)

We'll see - hopefully we'll get Wellington to Arsenal as soon as possible but there just seem to have been so many more work permit, etc. issues in the last few years compared to previously. Might just be the forensic reporting on everything football-related though either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

playa3 wrote: »
    Haha Szcesny just smashed

Phew saw this bit and thought he smashed his arms again doing weights.

Some interesting reading on the open training session. Apparently they had an 8v8 match, Wilshere and Nasri were on the same team and ran the show, continuing a pre-season trend. Perhaps more importantly, Denilson and Cesc were back.

• Advertisement

Some interesting reading on the open training session. Apparently they had an 8v8 match, Wilshere and Nasri were on the same team and ran the show, continuing a pre-season trend. Perhaps more importantly, Denilson and Cesc were back.

Yep Wilshere, Nasri, and also Vela played well in that little match. A customary dink over the keeper from Vela too. Denilson played in the match but I dont think Cesc did. Cesc and RvP just did some of the warm ups and running with the rest of them and then sat out most of the session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Yep Wilshere, Nasri, and also Vela played well in that little match. A customary dink over the keeper from Vela too. Denilson played in the match but I dont think Cesc did. Cesc and RvP just did some of the warm ups and running with the rest of them and then sat out most of the session.

It doesn't count for much against one of our keepers though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

L'prof wrote: »
    It doesn't count for much against one of our keepers though!

Unless it was Shezzie :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Wilshere dropped from England U-21's, going to be called up to the seniors apparently

Legendary!

This boy is going to be special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

And Cesc called up to play against Mexico, in Mexico

Haha Szcesny just smashed one against the crossbar in the crossbar challenge and it bounced down over the line and back out again Lampard style.

hahaha his Ronaldo stance is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

_Bella_ wrote: »
    And Cesc called up to play against Mexico, in Mexico

There's no way he'll start against Liverpool then :mad:

Maybe Shezzie should take our free kicks?

• Advertisement

hahaha his Ronaldo stance is brilliant
    He seems to have that slightly mental personality you find in a lot of good keepers anyway.

Although he might just be a deadly drummer in a band either, too early to tell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Galvasean wrote: »
    Maybe Shezzie should take our free kicks?

Maybe... if the other team don't set up a wall:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

greendom wrote: »
    There's no way he'll start against Liverpool then :mad:

I don't think Wenger would have started him anyway.

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Maybe... if the other team don't set up a wall:)

Shots like that drag unfortunate defenders into the net

Young Guns reporting that Chuks Aneke is going to be training with the first team now that Henderson's injured and that he might be part of this year's Carling Cup plans.

Would be some progression for him if he can make the CC this year. I'd actually like to see a bit of him, read loads but I've never seen him play.

Full story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I don't think Wenger would have started him anyway.

Which makes the whole Mexico trip so ridiculous Which bright spark in the Spanish FA thought that would be a good idea ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Can wenger be a prick like i do in football manager and withdraw them from the squad ?

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Can wenger be a prick like i do in football manager and withdraw them from the squad ?

If he wants, I'm sure he'll want to keep Cesc sweet though so he will be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I wish we would do this more often, as some might know I really hate International football, but this really takes the biscuit, we have just had the world cup and now they have friendlies just as the season is about to start :mad: Gerrard Houllier was spot on imo :(

Frisbee wrote: »
    If he wants, I'm sure he'll want to keep Cesc sweet though so he will be going.

I know where you are coming from but that is really wrong imo, he is not bigger than Arsenal FC.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I know where you are coming from but that is really wrong imo, he is not bigger than Arsenal FC.

Correct, however he's the best and most disillusioned player at Arsenal, so letting him go play in a friendly is a decent idea.

• Advertisement

Correct, however he's the best and most disillusioned player at Arsenal, so letting him go play in a friendly is a decent idea.

Disagree, st are not cheap, you want your best players playing for you especially when your first game is away to Liverpool, if he is fit to play for spain, he is fit to play for the team that pays him.

Disagree, st are not cheap, you want your best players playing for you especially when your first game is away to Liverpool, if he is fit to play for spain, he is fit to play for the team that pays him.

If he plays for Spain I agree he should play against Pool, two things though:

(1) I doubt he'll get more than 10-15 mins for Spain. In a low key international friendly that will be nowhere near the pace of the Pool game. If he does get 10-15 mins though, he should be expected to give us 20-25 in the Pool game.

(2) They play Mexico on the 11th, I doubt he'll get back until the Friday night, Vela missed a lot of games last season and the season before through not getting back from Mexico in time from mid-week qualifiers.

If he plays for Spain I agree he should play against Pool, two things though:

(1) I doubt he'll get more than 10-15 mins for Spain. In a low key international friendly that will be nowhere near the pace of the Pool game. If he does get 10-15 mins though, he should be expected to give us 20-25 in the Pool game.

(2) They play Mexico on the 11th, I doubt he'll get back until the Friday night, Vela missed a lot of games last season and the season before through not getting back from Mexico in time from mid-week qualifiers.

Can't see how he can't play for us it is not as if he played much during the summer, going half way around the world and back is madness though, I really would love to see Arsene take a stand on this

Can't see how he can't play for us it is not as if he played much during the summer, going half way around the world and back is madness though, I really would love to see Arsene take a stand on this

Arsene should probably take a stand alright. But considering how much we all know Cesc wants out of Arsenal I can see the reasoning for letting him go.

Defoe reckons Spurs will go further than Arsenal in the CL this season
    Jermain Defoe has stoked the fires ahead of the new season by claiming Tottenham will go further than bitter rivals Arsenal in the Champions League.

Spurs go into today’s play-off draw aiming to reach Europe’s top-level competition for the first time since 1961, while the Gunners share Real Madrid’s record of 10 successive participations in the knockout stages.

But Defoe in unconcerned by the burden of history, and told the Daily Mirror: “If we can get past the play-off qualifier, I honestly think we will go further than Arsenal in the Champions League.

“No disrespect to Arsenal, because they have a good record in the Champions League and for them it’s become part of the furniture, part of their regular season – it’s the norm.

“But I can’t wait to experience the buzz around White Hart Lane on European nights, the place will be absolutely rocking.

“I do believe, if we can make that first step, that we will be contenders. We’ve got the squad, younger players like Gareth Bale have come on a bundle since we were last in Europe, and the gaffer would love to show what he can do as a manager in Europe.”

Spurs’ squad are not used to the increased workload of a Champions League campaign, with the first leg of the play-off following just days after the Barclays Premier League opener against Manchester City.

“With City first up followed by a Champions League qualifier, it feels like the business end of our campaign might be in the first few weeks,” Defoe continued. “It’s a tough schedule, but we will be ready for it mentally.

“Tottenham fans have been waiting forever for a team to deliver Champions League football and we don’t want to be one-hit wonders.”

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/defoe-spurs-will-outdo-gunners-in-europe-468218.html#ixzz0voFfN8ht

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Oh what I wouldn't give to see them knocked out in the qualifiers. The pressure of Europe and all the extra pressue it places on your league games migth just mean Spurs end up outside the top 4 this year and depending on how they handle might even end up outside the top 6. He's a Spud so he's bound to say that, whether mits true or not is a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Dissing Arsenal = Spuds fan favourite.

Same applies for us too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Looking at who they could come up against I would not be surprised if they don't make it to the group staged

the friendly is stupid some of the barca players haven't started preseason yet, del bisque should have done like the Dutch and tried new players. Does this mean vela is called up too?

There's no way in hell Cesc should be allowed go to that Spain friendly.

1. It's Spain. Have we not had enough of them whispering in his ear already?

2. It's in ****ing Mexico.

3. It's Spain.

4. He only returned to training yesterday. There's a reason he was given a longer break than others.

5. It's Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Wenger should've told Cesc to fall over at members day yesterday clutching his knee. Withdraw him from the Spanish squad due to 'injury'.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

lads its nearing the first match of the season and song diaby denilson cesc van persie are all doubts not too mention nasri and vermaelen are heading off on international duty god knows if they will come back fit.granted cesc and van arent injured but i really hope its not a repeat of the injury lark we had last season.the stress levels of been an arsenal fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

I just find Jermaine defoes interview hilarious,i hope the knocked out in the qualifiers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Colinboy wrote: »
    I just find Jermaine defoes interview hilarious,i hope the knocked out in the qualifiers!

Not a chance with the draw they got.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the interview anyway. He's a spurs players talking up his teams chances and having a pop at their bitter rivals in the process. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

lads, there are rumours leeds have agreed a fee for Jay simpson

what can ye tell us?

Defoe reckons Spurs are 'contenders' for the Champions League and Redknapp thinks Spurs can win the league this season. I tell you, they don't do half measures at White Heart do they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Defoe reckons Spurs will go further than Arsenal in the CL this season

Sometimes I struggle to take him serious

2s6sj7a.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

event wrote: »

what can ye tell us?

A few clubs were in for him, would be a good move to Leeds. Good player, strong, good finisher. Should score plenty of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

event wrote: »

what can ye tell us?

It looks like Arsenal have accepted bids from both Leeds and Hull of £1.2m and now it's up to the player

SkySports:
    Jay Simpson is in talks with a couple of Championship clubs, his agent has confirmed to skysports.com.

The Arsenal forward spent last season on loan at Queens Park Rangers and impressed with 12 goals.

Now a number of clubs are looking to land him, including Leeds, Hull City, Crystal Palace and QPR.

Skysports.com understands that it is Leeds and Hull who are leading the chase, and Simpson could be set to make a decision before the weekend.

"I can confirm a couple of clubs have agreed a deal with Arsenal and we are now in talks with them," his advisor Uben Gray told skysports.com.

Sources in the capital suggest Arsenal have agreed a deal of around £1.2million for Simpson - who has featured three times for the Gunners, scoring twice.

We should be asking for a lot more than £1.2m.

• Advertisement

We should be asking for a lot more than £1.2m.

I'm guessing there is a big sell on clause. I can see him moving for 7-8 million in 2 or 3 years time. We did someting similar with Bentley. Sold him cheap but made extra money from his sell on clause.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement