Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

watch this its classic,arshavin!!.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrw4IlKRPmc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Been put up a couple of times already mate. ;)

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Think we might get Hart or Given on loan, well hoping anyway.

I'll be extremely [pleasantly] surprised if we sign anyone on the GK front at this stage. Maybe might see one more CB, otherwise Nordveit better get his **** together fairly sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

cson wrote: »
    I'll be extremely [pleasantly] surprised if we sign anyone on the GK front at this stage. Maybe might see one more CB, otherwise Nordveit better get his **** together fairly sharpish.

If Arsene needed any more convincing surely last weekend would be the last straw, apparently their is a picture of Arsene with an OMG look on the net after we have conceded the second goal, can't find it anywhere though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

shano_88 wrote: »

If that was meant to be Arshavin's 4 against Liverpool I just watched it on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLeVyg1PNcM&feature=related

Let's just hope he can recreate this on Sunday heh and hopefully with a few less pool goals to boot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Souless wrote: »
    If that was meant to be Arshavin's 4 against Liverpool I just watched it on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLeVyg1PNcM&feature=related

Let's just hope he can recreate this on Sunday heh and hopefully with a few less pool goals to boot ;)

Expecting a lot more from him this season, thought he was very poor last season even allowing for the fact that he was played out of position for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

oops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPkxEvl3GYg

wiltord vs united to win it at old trafford.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Arshavin's run for the last was unreal. Serious turn of foot, pity he rarely bothers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Watching youtube videos of Arsenal from 1998-2005 is like watching you and your ex-girlfriends sex tape, your better off not watching it.

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Expecting a lot more from him this season, thought he was very poor last season even allowing for the fact that he was played out of position for a bit.

It's true he never reached the same form but playing him as the central striker and lobbing balls in at him was going to do nothing but frustrate him as you've already said about him playing out of position. I also think like many others have commented before that he was playing with an injury for much of last season due to the extremely limited amount of forwards that we had.

With that said I agree with you I hope that he can repeate this form and preferably keep it going over the course of the season rather than the odd game where he plays amazingly ;)

pardon me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Souless wrote: »
    It's true he never reached the same form but playing him as the central striker and lobbing balls in at him was going to do nothing but frustrate him as you've already said about him playing out of position. I also think like many others have commented before that he was playing with an injury for much of last season due to the extremely limited amount of forwards that we had.

With that said I agree with you I hope that he can repeate this form and preferably keep it going over the course of the season rather than the odd game where he plays amazingly ;)

Even when he's not required to play up top, I think he's a better second striker than a wing forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Barca have agreed a fee for Ozil apparently - hopefully that means Fab will stay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8689_6303778,00.html

Even by our standards its pretty pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

keano_afc wrote: »
    http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8689_6303778,00.html

Even by our standards its pretty pathetic.

Can't see that in work. What is it?

Injury news ahead of the game on Sunday. They reckon we'll be missing at least 9 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Wenger does at least have no injury concerns over any of his goalkeepers, with Manuel Almunia, Lukasz Fabianski and Wojciech Szczesny all in contention to start in goal.

So what's the good news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

keano_afc wrote: »
    Injury news ahead of the game on Sunday. They reckon we'll be missing at least 9 players.

Fúck sake! Can't believe that, ridiculous! It's a sad state of affairs when, before the league has even started, you can say that you'd be over the moon with a point from your first game!

Fabianski in goal....... ugh

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Fabianski in goal....... ugh

I would rather see Wojciech Szczesny given a shot in nets than Fabianski, as at least that way any time the opposition won a corner I wouldn't take it as a given that the ball will end up in the back of the net!

|Schjskfhsdk won't be given a chance in the league this season I don't think. Just the CC, amybe an early round or two of the FA Cup.

I really think Fabianski will be our number 1 this year. Worrying..

Frisbee wrote: »
    |Schjskfhsdk won't be given a chance in the league this season I don't think. Just the CC, amybe an early round or two of the FA Cup.

I really think Fabianski will be our number 1 this year. Worrying..

I agree with you he will probably be given the nod but I'm hoping againt hope that this is not the case ;)

Obviously a new goalkeeper would be the ideal solution but I'd rather see Mannone or even Almunia in between the sticks than Fabianski

Pretty annoying alright.

Cesc and RVP I can understand but how the hell are Diaby, Denilson and Arshavin injured after a summer off?

I know it's clutching at straws but you hope that when everyone gets fit again, we'll have a decent spell.

I think Wenger is taking his time too because after the Liverpool game, we've a relatively tame couple of weeks.

If Fabianski is our #1 for this season AW needs a slap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It's the lesser of 2 evils but surely Almunia is a better bet than Fabianski? Unless his confidence is truly shot?

Almunia will start on Sunday. Fabianski has done nothing to justify starting ahead of him. Then again, he's done nothing to justify why he was bought in the first place so go figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

According to Gary Jacob in the Times, 'Schwarzer's agent told me that the player would see Hughes and ask to leave for Arsenal. Fulham want £4million, Arsenal offering less' :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

There is no way anyone could rate Fabianski in front of Almunia imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

cson wrote: »
    If Fabianski is our #1 for this season AW needs a slap.

But he's like a new signing!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

According to Gary Jacob in the Times, 'Schwarzer's agent told me that the player would see Hughes and ask to leave for Arsenal. Fulham want £4million, Arsenal offering less' :o

Just hand over the money at this stage, if it is true. It really is desparation stuff now. We cannot play Flapianski in nets against Liverpool, it just simply isnt on. The whole thing is incredibly frustating.

With regards the articles on Arsenal.com, they are a bit silly. I see one there about Flapianski playing back at Warsaw, who cares?! Every Arsenal fan reading it is just thinking how rubbish you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Looks like Barazite is definitely surplus to requirements - on trial at Rangers and getting the "Everyone at Arsenal wishes Nacer well" treatment on the official site. Pity, always hoped he'd blossom into another Pires, probably just too many players ahead of him though.

£4m would be a lot for a 37-year old keeper who I don't rate all that highly. I suppose Fulham don't want to have to find a new one this close to the new season though. Having left it this late, I'm not sure we'll get anyone better though - I'd be shocked if City let Hart or Given go, to us or anywhere really.

I guess this will be our starting 11 for Sunday:
    Almunia
    Sagna----Koscielny---Vermaelen----Clichy
    Wilshere
    Frimpong
    Nasri----
    Walcott
    Arshavin-
    Chamakh

Frimpong and Wilshere have looked good in pre-season but I'd be worried about their first EPL performances being against Liverpool but it looks as if we may have no choice with no Fabregas, Song, Denilson or Diaby. Arshavin is a doubt but hopefully he will be alright for Sunday.

Its a totally inflated price for sure, but they know we are desperate I suppose...

I think Id just start Szczesny if we dont sign now.

_Bella_ wrote: »

Almunia
    Sagna----Koscielny---Vermaelen----Clichy
    Wilshere
    Frimpong
    Nasri----
    Walcott
    Arshavin-
    Chamakh

If that proves to be the case, which it probably will (although Shava might be injured too?) I'll cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    I think Id just start Szczesny if we dont sign now.

I know it seems like a decent idea considering the two in front of him but I would still be a bit sceptical of playing him for a couple of reasons. Although he has great potential he is still very young, even more so for a keeper, and lacks any real experience of note. What if he starts the Pool game (which is a pretty big game by all accounts) and makes a mistake? It could ruin him. I would much prefer to allow him to develop at a pace that would benefit him in the long term, rather than force him through now. imo I think we should just go with Almunia, cross our fingers, and then wait till next week to see if something develops from the Man City situation.

cant believe it looks like were heading into the new season with 3 cbs,1 who has one season in the pl 1 who has spent more time in the treatment room than on the pitch and 1 who has never played in the pl!what is going on this should all be sorted by now.

danlen wrote: »
    I know it seems like a decent idea considering the two in front of him but I would still be a bit sceptical of playing him for a couple of reasons. Although he has great potential he is still very young, even more so for a keeper, and lacks any real experience of note. What if he starts the Pool game (which is a pretty big game by all accounts) and makes a mistake? It could ruin him. I would much prefer to allow him to develop at a pace that would benefit him in the long term, rather than force him through now. imo I think we should just go with Almunia, cross our fingers, and then wait till next week to see if something develops from the Man City situation.

Maybe your right, but I just dont have any faith in Big Al....you have to give players a chance at some stage. Joe Hart had a great season last year at Birmingham. Wilshire is 18..just give him a chance. At this stage I can barely stand the sight of our other 2 'keepers'...

Would it really ruin him if he left in soft one? He seems like a strong character, more than the other 2 anyway.

Despite my respect and support for AW, I think its fair to say at this stage that he's not done particularly well this summer in relation to reinforcements. Its frustrating when he comes out and says stuff like "we have money to spend" and doesnt do anything with it.

That midfield will be eaten up by Mascherano and Gerrard.

I dunno, I say give him a shot. When you're talking about him making a mistake, it's just pure speculation. Stick either of the other 2 in and that speculation becomes a certainty. Who knows, after watching the crossbar challenge, maybe he'll knock one in from a goal kick ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

I would much prefer to allow him to develop at a pace that would benefit him in the long term, rather than force him through now.
    Spot on. If there was no element of doubt/risk, I'm sure Wenger would lash him in. But there obviously is so don't take the risk of destroying a good prospect.
    MaxPower89 wrote:
    Would it really ruin him if he left in soft one?
    If Fabianski is as good as we're led to believe under no pressure, you could argue that his nervousness in real games comes from his own early mistakes (v Spurs in CC, v Chelsea in FA Cup semi, etc.)

Al should start

gosplan wrote: »
    Al should start

Haha, I read this as all should start. Not a bad idea actually! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

L'prof wrote: »
    Haha, I read this as all should start. Not a bad idea actually! :D
    gun__1280149593_training26072010_14.jpg?ic=696965T

I'll bet you any money he dropped that.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The photo is doctored. The ball was actually already past his gloves.

Haha, for a second there I thought Mannone was wearing a handbag!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

How the heck can we have so many injuries? It's gone beyond ridiculous at this stage.

I know, what other team starts the season with half their first team injured? Knowing our luck we'll have another two tomorrow after the friendlies... at least Eboues safe now :p
    I'm really nervous about the match about Liverpool, their midfield is far more experienced and Frimpong is just going to be outclassed. They have pretty much their first team bar possibly Torres. We might see RVP come on for the last 30 mins, especially if we are losing

Who cares any more. How does everyone rate our chances for 11/12?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement