Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The more I read and seen of Spahic the more I was convinced he was someone who could add to our squad. Big, severe, committed and strong. That's a lot of what we require against the likes of Drogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Galvasean wrote: »

Haha, I'm sure we already have a song for him!!!

Madrid have signed Ozil.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8921836.stm

Better them than United, City or Chelsea I suppose. Plus maybe he will give Barcelona what for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Wenger needs to give Szczesny his chance in goal. Got a standing ovation on the final day last season from the Brentford supporters when he went on loan there. Also played very well in Carling Cup when given his chance last season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

lol, that'd be 10 steps backwards.

I'll say it again.

Premiership > League 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Wenger needs to give Szczesny his chance in goal. Got a standing ovation on the final day last season from the Brentford supporters when he went on loan there. Also played very well in Carling Cup when given his chance last season.

I think if we do sign a new keeper the best move for him would be to go on loan to a Championship side. He's only 20! Throwing him in at the deep end could be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

He would be better than Almunia or Flapianski, he couldnt be any worse.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    He would be better than Almunia or Flapianski, he couldnt be any worse.

You don't know if he would be any better in truth. He's unproven at that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Paleface wrote: »
    You don't know if he would be any better in truth. He's unproven at that level.

I honestly believe that he would. I think he would of saved that shot last weekend too.

Almunia is the League 1 goalkeeper I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

:mad:

Nasri undergoes minor surgery on his knee. From the official site.
    Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri will today undergo minor surgery on his knee following a meniscal injury sustained during the match against Liverpool on Sunday.

Nasri, who has been in impressive form, will be out of action for a month

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/nasri-undergoes-minor-surgery-on-his-knee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Why haven't we bought Schwarzer?!

Paleface wrote: »
    :mad:

Nasri undergoes minor surgery on his knee. From the official site.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/nasri-undergoes-minor-surgery-on-his-knee

Fuck sake, a month out??? Fabregas better get the finger out, and quick!!!
    Why haven't we bought Schwarzer?!

We've made all our signings!

L'prof wrote: »
    We've made all our signing!

Corrected that for ya :D

Corrected that for ya :D

Why? We signed two senior players!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

1 game in and already we're hit by injuries.

Same sh1t, different season.

L'prof wrote: »
    Why? We signed two senior players!

True but we only handed over cash for one of them, I honestly think Wenger has his eye on a few more free transfers next summer and I'm shocked he won't hand over the 2.5-3m needed to get Schwarzer, if that is the case. Frustrating time to be a Gooner

True but we only handed over cash for one of them, I honestly think Wenger has his eye on a few more free transfers next summer and I'm shocked he won't hand over the 2.5-3m needed to get Schwarzer, if that is the case. Frustrating time to be a Gooner

That's why I specifically used the word signed ;)

If we don't sign a GK and a CB then it shows up some real flaws in Wengers management. The fact that we get so many injuries already shows up serious flaws with our medical staff, and/or the Coaching staff.

1 game into the season and we already have an injury crisis. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Ah FFS another player down, just when Nasri looked like he was going to cement his place in the Arsenal and French first team.

Every day I expect the signing of Schwarzer to be announced but it hasn't happened yet. We haven't even been linked to a CB recently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

I'm really starting to think it's something with Arsenal's medical staff with the amount of injuries we get. Were a lot of the players we usually have injured, injury prone before they signed for us?

We seem to constantly have the highest injury rate in the premiership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Arsenal in key player injury shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Frisbee wrote: »
    Arsenal in key player injury shocker.
    Yeah i dont even blink at this stage when i hear of an injury to one of our players. Not the worst time to lose him considering we have decent fixture list for the next month

iMuse wrote: »
    Yeah i dont even blink at this stage when i hear of an injury to one of our players. Not the worst time to lose him considering we have decent fixture list for the next month

If Fabregas doesnt come back soon though our midfield is going to look very very weak

gibson wrote: »
    If Fabregas doesnt come back soon though our midfield is going to look very very weak

Is Fab not starting against Blackpool? I ask as both an Arsenal fan and FF player :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The constant injuries are a total pain in the ass but the ones that really cost us last season were two nasty tackles on RVP and Ramsey, and Cesc breaking his leg.

Is Fab not starting against Blackpool? I ask as both an Arsenal fan and FF player :D

I can't see any reason not to start him at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

gosplan wrote: »
    The constant injuries are a total pain in the ass but the ones that really cost us last season were two nasty tackles on RVP and Ramsey, and Cesc breaking his leg.

The tackle on RVP wasn't nasty really, just unfortunate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Quazzie wrote: »
    The fact that we get so many injuries already shows up serious flaws with our medical staff, and/or the Coaching staff.

Why do you suppose that the medical or coaching staff are responsible for injuries to players?

I can't see any reason not to start him at this stage.
    If he was fit enough to start for Spain then he is fit enough to start for us.

Why do you suppose that the medical or coaching staff are responsible for injuries to players?
    Well a lot of the injuries do happen to be repeat injuries and it can't be just bad luck that year after year we have the most injuries. The medical team either aren't picking up on injuries early enough or the training required to get a player ready for a game in the EPL isn't adequate.

Speedboat Im sure he will be playing I just havent seen anything yet saying he definitely is

Cradock - What other team in the premiership have our constant injury problems? It's either the medical staff, the player has a history of it or our playing style. If its player history then maybe so many shouldnt have been signed. The likes of Djourou and Rosicky seem to spend more time on the medical time then on the pitch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

I dont consider Fletcher a top midfielder, neither Diaby. But Fletcher is streets ahead of Diaby, because he is doing the simple things well.
    Yes but Fletcher always had a simple ball on. Diaby didn't. He didn't have a great game the other day but he didn't have anyone as smart as Scholes (i.e. Fabregas) beside him moving constantly, plus he was playing against a better, higher-tempo team in a slightly unfamiliar position.
    What about his missed punch clearance at the corner, and poor distribution, are we to not blame him for that either?
    Clearly that's not what anyone is saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Quazzie wrote: »
    If he was fit enough to start for Spain then he is fit enough to start for us.
    I'd expect him to start but this isn't really true. Spain don't have to take his middle- to long-term fitness into account as they only see him every month or two. Arsenal need him once to twice a week so it's different.

On the injuries, having discussed it before, I'd imagine it's partly the type of player we sign (fast, light, young) and partly bad luck with serious bone breaks (Diaby, Eduardo, RVP, Fabregas, Ramsey) which are nothing to do with the medical staff really.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote:
    The medical team either aren't picking up on injuries early enough or the training required to get a player ready for a game in the EPL isn't adequate.

So it's one of the two above.
    gibson wrote:
    It's either the medical staff, the player has a history of it or our playing style.

... or one of these three.

To be honest lads, you're both guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

How do ya reckon we line up at the weekend?

Diaby

--Fabregas/Rosicky--Wilshere--

--Walcott
    Arshavin--

Chamakh/VPersie

Are Fabregas and Van Persie due to start this weekend?

I'm absolutely sick of injuries at this club. It still boggles my mind that every summer Wenger refuses to buy players on the belief that "surely this season cant be as bad with injuries". Why cant it be? Its not like its been any different for the last 5 years and its pretty much the same players that get crocked.

shano_88 wrote: »
    How do ya reckon we line up at the weekend?

Diaby

--Fabregas/Rosicky--Wilshere--

--Walcott
    Arshavin--

Chamakh/VPersie

Are Fabregas and Van Persie due to start this weekend?

I imagine that Diaby or, injuries permitting, Denilson or Song would play in midfield.

That midfield combined with a 'we're going to score more than you' mindset would be fun though.

I want to see Fabregas play this week but not if he's not ready, we have seen it before players rushed back only to aggravate their injury even more, and then end up out even longer and the cycle is repeated. Even without Nasri and Fabregas we should be alright for the Blackpool. There is no need to put the long term fitness of players in doubt.

Almunia(Schwarzer)
    Sagna---Djourou(Nordtveit)-Vermaelen---Clichy
    Wilshere
    Diaby
    Rosiscky

Walcott
    Arshavin

Chamakh/RVP

• Advertisement

Almunia
    Sagna---Djourou
    Vermaelen---Clichy
    Wilshere
    Diaby
    Rosiscky

Walcott
    Arshavin

Chamakh

I would be very confident in that team getting 3 points at home to Blackpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Is Djourou even fit to play?

Corcs001 wrote: »
    Is Djourou ever fit to play?

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

_Bella_ wrote: »
    ....Even without Nasri and Fabregas we should be alright for the Blackpool....

Is this how low our expectations have become? I would expect our reserves to beat this lot.

Roaster wrote: »
    Is this how low our expectations have become? I would expect our reserves to beat this lot.

Man, what's with all the negativity in here these days?

Someone says that without our star players, we should be OK for Blackpool ... and that's somehow interpreted as a measure of how low expectations are at Arsenal these days?

I've been asking myself that aswell. It started with people calling for Wengers head....

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Someone says that without our star players, we should be OK for Blackpool ... and that's somehow interpreted as a measure of how low expectations are at Arsenal these days?

Eh, I was actually being positive and that's why I was asking why the "SHOULD" ? If we don't knock at least 3 by these I won't be happy. Needless to say they'll score from a corner or set piece....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Anyone else depressed? I mean the best we can hope for before the transfer window closes is Mark Schwarzer, he's not even that good, he wont change our season for us... Same old shíte, different season. Why wont Wenger buy a CB and a decent keeper, the money IS there, what is Wenger trying to proove??!!

Thank fúck its just Blackpool on Saturday, even with a second string team and that ape in goals we should be ok, more than likely still concede though. Depressing. I remember teams the caliber of Blackpool coming to Highbury being annihalated within minutes within minutes, seems ages ago :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

FearDark wrote: »
    Anyone else depressed? I mean the best we can hope for before the transfer window closes is Mark Schwarzer, he's not even that good, he wont change our season for us... Same old shíte, different season. Why wont Wenger buy a CB and a decent keeper, the money IS there, what is Wenger trying to proove??!!

Thank fúck its just Blackpool on Saturday, even with a second string team and that ape in goals we should be ok, more than likely still concede though. Depressing. I remember teams the caliber of Blackpool coming to Highbury being annihalated within minutes within minutes, seems ages ago :(

What are you doing here - Going for the negative post of the season award? Come on at least let's have lost at home to Blackpool before posting this sort of stuff. The season's barely started and I already want to slash my wrists:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement