Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

L'prof wrote: »
    I don't belive this to be true at all, we sold Toure and Adebayor.

Arsenal management do pay attention to the bottom line, wheras City are throwing money around like confetti. They'd rather lose out financially than benefit a rival

It won't happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

What about the talk today of us signing Sebastian Squilacci?

He is a pretty good defender as far as i know,remember him playing in the CL afew yrs ago with lyon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

iMuse wrote: »

What was the point even bidding this? Is Wenger so blind that he thinks Fulham need to sell Schwarzer? Hughes already said they dont want to sell him so Arsenal go back with the same bid :rolleyes: :mad: talk about a waste of time!

I'd love to know what the tight gits bid for Squallaci since Sevilla only want £6.5million which isnt that over the top given his experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I think the Steklenberg rumour is a load of shíte, he is already cup-tied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Sigh.

Pinch of salt on the 'same bid' story, please. Do we really just believe everything? If every rumour in papers or on websites is true, why haven't we signed Mertesacker, Hangeland and Buffon with the money from the Fabregas sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Dunno if anyone posted but Jay Simpson has gone to Hull. Best of luck to the lad.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/jay-simpson-joins-hull-city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Dunno if anyone posted but Jay Simpson has gone to Hull. Best of luck to the lad.

And Gallas is due to have a medical at Spurs tomorrow according to SSN
    Worst of luck to the lad :p

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Sigh.

Pinch of salt on the 'same bid' story, please. Do we really just believe everything? If every rumour in papers or on websites is true, why haven't we signed Mertesacker, Hangeland and Buffon with the money from the Fabregas sale?

Highly unlikely that 2 separate stories of us not offering enough money are untrue, I dont believe its a coincidence. For a start Sevilla confirmed we bid too little for their liking so how is that just believing everything? Its not like people are listening to goal.com its come from the horses mouth.

We all know he's tight with his money, wouldnt spend an extra £2 million to get Alonso. I see no reason why these stories wouldnt be true.

If they are true though all he's doing is shooting himself in the foot. All that's going to happen is we run out of time and end up either pay more than we want to or we get stuck with signing no one. Why are things always left this late with Arsenal :confused::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Really hope he does well for himself, I just don't think he was going to make it at Arsenal :(

Really hope he does well for himself, I just don't think he was going to make it at Arsenal :(

Ah I was hoping he would :(

best of luck Jay!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    And Gallas is due to have a medical at Spurs tomorrow according to SSN
    Worst of luck to the lad :p

May he divide the spurs dressing room and doom them to failure...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Reserves beat United 2-1 tonight. Pretty good performance, dominated most of the game. Lansbury was very impressive, so was JET(beast of a man!) and Wellington Silva, Eastmond did very well in the middle - very composed. United were poor enough, Makeda was offside about 8 times.

Still no signings....:rolleyes:

was hoping to have them in by the weekend...

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Reserves beat United 2-1 tonight. Pretty good performance, dominated most of the game. Lansbury was very impressive, so was JET(beast of a man!), Wellington Silva and Eastmond did very well in the middle, very composed. United were poor enough, Makeda was offside about 8 times.

Still no signings....:rolleyes:

was hoping to have them in by the weekend...

I thought Wellington Silva was suppose to be a striker :confused:

gibson wrote: »
    I thought Wellington Silva was suppose to be a striker :confused:

Edited...:o

Wellington scored a nice one, side foot finish to the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Edited...:o

Wellington scored a nice one, side foot finish to the corner.

Was impressed by Miguel at the back. looked very solid, good anticipation and seemed to do a lot of the organising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Was pleased with the reserves' performance overall, but felt they could have been a bit more clinical and killed the game off.
    Very impressed by Shea (Irish granddad?)

Galvasean wrote: »
    Was pleased with the reserves' performance overall, but felt they could have been a bit more clinical and killed the game off.

Wiki says he's Irish, wonder what says he.

Galvasean wrote: »

Agree with that, play him against Blackpool! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Wiki says he's Irish, wonder what says he.

Born Islington

He's dual nationality in Football Manager...

• Advertisement

Song, Cesc, Denilson and Djourou all in contention for the Blackpool game.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/four-may-return-for-blackpool-clash
    Ad RvP into the mix and suuddenly we're looking strong again.

Any news of when Bendyboots will be back?

Papa Smut wrote: »

Will be like a new signing when he does :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

looking forward to saturday if we've a full(ish) squad. tyring to look past all this negativity

Simspon gone to Hull. Pity as he showed great promise.

Nice of Djourou to stick his leg back on for saturday :rolleyes: Very frustrating player!

Simspon gone to Hull. Pity as he showed great promise.

Nice of Djourou to stick his leg back on for saturday :rolleyes: Very frustrating player!

Very very sorry to see Simpson go, not sure he got a fair chance imo.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Will be like a new signing when he does :p

id like to see how he does this year. i feel he could be chomping at the bit. He had a great world cup imo despite denmark going out

Papa Smut wrote: »

1 month it said on the arsenal website

Very very sorry to see Simpson go, not sure he got a fair chance imo.

nor me would like to see him stick about for this season

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

patrickc wrote: »
    1 month it said on the arsenal website

January 2012 so.

Born Islington

Says that too, but he must have played underage or have paddy parents for them to say he's Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

So willy G to spuds, is he going out of his way to be the most hated Arsenal player ever?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

So willy G to spuds, is he going out of his way to be the most hated Arsenal player ever?

Meh. Would have preferred if he opted to stay for us but he did join us from our other bitter rivals Chelsea. Wouldnt expect him to be in their first team anyway.

I can't say t bothers me to be honest. In other news, RvP and Fabregas will not be rushed and Denilson hasn't played since April. Looks unlikely that we'll see too much of any of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

FearDark wrote: »
    Meh. Would have preferred if he opted to stay for us but he did join us from our other bitter rivals Chelsea. Wouldnt expect him to be in their first team anyway.

I can't see him moving to any club unless he's guaranteed first team football tbh. Im not saying he deserves it, but in his mind he does.

• Advertisement

Spurs are reportedly offering Gallas the same thing we offered - wages and contract length wise. Id sooner have seen him stick around with us for another year than leave especially the way our CB situation has worked out. I suppose I'm not that upset over him possibly going to Spurs because I just dont like the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I defo think he should be first choice at Spurs, still a top defender IMO.

And if your depressed by Gallas joining Spurs theres rumours of Lassana Diarra being loaned from Real to Spurs today too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

And if your depressed by Gallas joining Spurs theres rumours of Lassana Diarra being loaned from Real to Spurs today too.

Still searching for that starting place then, eh?

That's more annoying to be honest, good player, but what a tit at the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

JET was described as like Drogba by Man Utd mates of mine that were at the match. They were very impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

David Gold has said they would sell Upson for £6m if they got such a bid. He's 31 but we're desperate...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

David Gold has said they would sell Upson for £6m if they got such a bid. He's 31 but we're desperate...

We're not THAT desperate...

So Squillaci for £6.5m or Upson for £6m? Doesn't really matter at this stage, just get someone in. Prolly be Upson though, we could sign at least 10 16 year olds with that 500k!

cson wrote: »
    JET was described as like Drogba by Man Utd mates of mine that were at the match. They were very impressed.

He certainly has a similar build anyway, probably bigger. He drops deep quite a bit, and played almost like a playmaker last night, was on the ball a lot. I was very impressed for sure.

The only slight critisism I would have is that he looked a bit slow..I could be very wrong on this, and its his size that make appear a bit slow.

His touch is very good, and holds the ball up excellently.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

So Squillaci for £6.5m or Upson for £6m? Doesn't really matter at this stage, just get someone in. Prolly be Upson though, we could sign at least 10 16 year olds with that 500k!

Upson & Djourou could have been seperated at birth. Both have chronic injury records. I wouldn't touch Upson with an extremely long barge pole.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

cson wrote: »
    In midfield he was very Diaby-esque but further up the pitch, particularly as a wing forward, seems to suit him very well. He's got bags of technical ability and incredible physical power. I don't imagine too many fullbacks would be used to going up against a wide man of his size, especially not one with his skill. I can't say I've ever expected much from JET at Arsenal but my hopes are rising a little.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Brilliant.
    This title was taken by Freddie Ljungberg. Freddie could never sit and eat with the rest of the players and was the slowest eater at Arsenal.

He was so weird that he preferred to eat in the kitchen. The staff would lay a cloth for him over the bin and he would happily sit on the bin and slowly masticate his pasta and vegetables as he surveyed the surroundings and chatted with the girls in the kitchen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

So Gallas signing for Spurs is appearing imminent.

Tbh I am not sorry to see him go as I always felt he was a disruptive influence at the club.

However it seems that the deal being struck with Spurs is not even as good as the one he was reportedly being offered at Arsenal.

Did he always want out of the club or is he just the type of guy who after turning down their offer initially won't go grovelling back to Wenger with a change of heart? Who knows what was said between them. Perhaps Wenger told him not to come back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement