Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

Any one hear about Dan Gosling today?
    What a pure balls up by Everton. He Definitely would be a Wenger type of signing and a player i like anyway

He left to get more regular first team football though, would he get that with arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Any one hear about Dan Gosling today?
    What a pure balls up by Everton. He Definitely would be a Wenger type of signing and a player i like anyway

Seems like he can play centre midfielder, right midfielder or right fullback. He is a versatile player, would be worth a punt. Always good to have a player who can play a few positions especially with our recent injury records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gosling wanted more first team football in his prefered position (centre mid). Hard to say it get too much at Arsenal with fabregas, Denilson, Diaby, Nasri and Ramsey fighting for places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

As much as i like Gosling (especially his last minute winner against the bin dippers last year!), he's simply not ready for Arsenal, and probably never will be. If wenger had got him a little younger, similar to Ramsay, I could see it, but he's not of Arsenal 1st team caliber, and won't be able to develop properly at mid table. Will become another over priced Gareth Barry Type.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Gosling wanted more first team football in his prefered position (centre mid). Hard to say it get too much at Arsenal with fabregas, Denilson, Diaby, Nasri and Ramsey fighting for places.
    gingelion wrote: »
    He left to get more regular first team football though, would he get that with arsenal?
    Trashbat wrote: »
    As much as i like Gosling (especially his last minute winner against the bin dippers last year!), he's simply not ready for Arsenal, and probably never will be. If wenger had got him a little younger, similar to Ramsay, I could see it, but he's not of Arsenal 1st team caliber, and won't be able to develop properly at mid table. Will become another over priced Gareth Barry Type.

You all have a point in one way that midfield not really a priority and he could struggle, but perhaps with the new UEFA quota rule it could tempt Wenger to snap him up. Ramsay might never return to the potential he had. Cesc may yet leave and to be honest its more in hope then in anticipation that he wont at this stage. Denilson has lost form last season. Gosling could well push for a place in the side but tbh he probably not near the level Nasri is at or a Diaby on top form, Song's defensive midfielder place is his to lose at this point in time

.....I dunno, id be surprised if Mr Wenger dont at least make an enquiry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Koscielny signing is official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Nice one, looking forward to seeing him playing for us. Welcome to the Arsenal

What number is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

What number is he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Any word (rumours) on what he cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Any word (rumours) on what he cost?

£8.5 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Not to be negative, but meh. At £8.5m, he better be good, but he's almost 25 and as yet is uncapped. He can play for either France or Poland apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Most places were saying it was €12m/£10.1m in the end.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ozil would be a good signing if Cesc left but otherwise it'd be a waste. Schweinsteiger on the other hand, mmm...

1 CB done, 1 to go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

L'prof wrote: »
    Not to be negative, but meh. At £8.5m, he better be good, but he's almost 25 and as yet is uncapped. He can play for either France or Poland apparently.

I'd agree with this, if your uncapped by the age of 25 and not one, but two countries don't call you up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Especially Poland. I mean, it's Poland, they hardly have a huge pot of CBs to choose from - especially ones that cost £8m or whatever.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That's assuming he even wants to play for Poland. The guy is from France.

... and either way, it doesn't really mean much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

He has to be holding out for position with the French team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Especially Poland. I mean, it's Poland, they hardly have a huge pot of CBs to choose from - especially ones that cost £8m or whatever.

Yea but Poland can take it easy with their defence when you consider how awesome their goalkeepers are.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Not up on my French Football, is this defender we got today a good signing?

• Advertisement

What number is he?

I hate him already. That's Tony's number. :mad:

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Not up on my French Football, is this defender we got today a good signing?

He looks the part I'll give him that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

now for another CB and a good goalie, can't wait for the season to start, but we better buy more soon

We've a World Champion in our team lads....it's been a while.

We've a World Champion in our team lads....it's been a while.

Do you get a medal for 93 minutes???

Everyone in the squad gets a medal afaik?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Everyone in the squad gets a medal afaik?

I'm sure they do, just taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Van Pers has played more than that ;)

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Van Pers has played more than that ;)

He earned his silver medal so.....

Really hoping it will be RVP who gets the medal and not Fabregas

• Advertisement

Really hoping it will be RVP who gets the medal and not Fabregas

Id have preferred Paul McShane get the medal then either :p

Seriously though it might be a curse to have one of these get a medal as it might give them a taste of winning things. Fab has a euro medal already and maybe Del Bosque leaving him on bench gives him a taster of what may come at Barcelona should he go there

Fab has a euro medal already and maybe Del Bosque leaving him on bench gives him a taster of what may come at Barcelona should he go there

Don't kid yourself, he's gone!

Seriously though it might be a curse to have one of these get a medal as it might give them a taste of winning things. Fab has a euro medal already and maybe Del Bosque leaving him on bench gives him a taster of what may come at Barcelona should he go there

Not only that but he'd be sat on the bench watching the Jose show win all round them for the next 3 years......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Don't kid yourself, he's gone!

He wants to go. If Barca keep dicking around with €30m bids then I can't see him going anywhere.

But also means all those Barcelona :mad: players would get medals.

He wants to go. If Barca keep dicking around with €30m bids then I can't see him going anywhere.

If not this season, then next.

If not this season, then next.

Next season. Fo Sho

Frisbee wrote: »
    Next season. Fo Sho

He better not kiss the badge if he stays :(

He better not kiss the badge if he stays :(

He'll kiss it this season at Arsenal and next season at Barca!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Muppet just dropped into the Liverpool thread to say the same about Torres!

Does he show himelf here? Nope. Not sure if you should be delighted or feel slighted :p

mike65 wrote: »
    Muppet just dropped into the Liverpool thread to say the same about Torres!

Does he show himelf here? Nope. Not sure if you should be delighted or feel slighted :p

No and we are poorer for it...;)

Looks like John Terry without the life experience....

gun__1278518078_koscielny1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

I've realised what it is now... they were waiting for the new jersey to launch before announcing all our signings.

No point showing Buffon, Lucio et al posing with last season's kit. Now we just sit back and watch them all roll in :)

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    I've realised what it is now... they were waiting for the new jersey to launch before announcing all our signings.

No point showing Buffon, Lucio et al posing with last season's kit. Now we just sit back and watch them all roll in :)

Click,click....there's no place like home.........

Looks like John Terry without the life experience....
    Ah now come on for all you know that Kocielny could have had loads of teammates wives :D

• Advertisement

Ah now come on for all you know that Kocielny could have had loads of teammates wives :D

When you're right you're right....wouldn't feel awful if he is working his way though the Barca wags...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

I dunno if anyone has already posted this but it's kinda interesting, could be taken as good or bad not sure which yet ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8797183.stm

Basically Barcelona didn't manage to pay off their players wages for last June and they had to take out a loan to do so they also had to sell off two players to raise funds although Yaya seemed to want to go anyhow.

With that much read I thought great that means they can't actually afford to bring Cesc over but it later goes on to say that they should have the money from the 2 player sales (37 million) and another 50-60 million to spend. I dunno if that takes into account the Villa buy though.

So it could be good in the sense they can't afford to bring Cesc in for this season at least or it could be bad if Cesc decides to kick up stink and say they he wants to leave in which case there wouldn't be the possibility to pick up stupid money off them for him.

It makes no odds....if Cesc doesn't want to play for us let him go.....no point having a lad that doesn't want to be there...may as well take the best price going....

.......however...as I said before,Fab would be a f*cking idiot if he attached himself to that club when they are about to go into a barren 2 years of winning nothing........which they are.

Interesting interview with Arsene from a Kenyan interview.

One of the questions:

"Why do you tend to like blacks?" :eek::D

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/InsidePage.php?id=2000013371&cid=38&story=One-On-One

It makes no odds....if Cesc doesn't want to play for us let him go.....no point having a lad that doesn't want to be there...may as well take the best price going....

.......however...as I said before,Fab would be a f*cking idiot if he attached himself to that club when they are about to go into a barren 2 years of winning nothing........which they are.

See where you are coming from but No way Hosay.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement