Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Honest Xbox vs PS3 Question

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I agree that in most respects LIVE is better than PSN, but the PSN store is alot easier to use than the LIVE store in my opinion.
    I'm curious as to why you think that though? In the case of XBL you have clearly defined sections for each type of download, which means it's easy to just hop on, go to the section you want i.e. Game Demos, Arcade Titles and grab whatever title quickly and easily. When selected they're automatically added to your download queue leaving you free to continue with your browsing or to return to gaming without being brought to another screen.

Every Arcade Title also has a trial so you can always try something before you buy it. Once downloaded they're also all stored in their respective sections on your console so again, it's nice to be able to just go to the respective section and see a list of available games.

The one thing I do like about the PS3 is how the general snappiness of the XrossMediaBar carries onto the PSN. That being said, there's generally more stuff being shown on-screen on XBL which would explain the slower responsiveness. Whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen of course. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

The pads are still awful (personally I don't like the layout but thats opinion and not a problem) the problem with them is they are soo flimsy, I bet i could snap one in two. The buttons are always getting stuck just like the ps2 pads, there are 3 pads in my house and none of them are perfect. The triggers not really being triggers and having to buy a periferal to make them real triggers (I know its the same for the wireless for xbox and it took them years to fix i'll be the first to admit it, but to be fair that meant releasing a whole new console, all sony need to do is make a new pad)

the controllers on xbox i use have aged abit now but they do begin to break. The RB and LB buttons dont work aswel and the two click buttons for sprinting and holding your breath on mw2 have started to come harder to use and take some attempts to work although the controllers do have alot of hours up on them now and them buttons were used alot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

to be honest i had a ps3 recently and to be honest it bored me to tears!

im only speaking for myself but the 360 is a far better console better controllers, better games, live is class and a blu ray player cost me 100 euro so why would i keep it? all the talk about killzone and uncharted???? like uncharted is a pretty game but come on its hardly gears of war!

got 390 for my ps3 and 8 games so looking forward to the new 360:):)

and i have never had a 360 die on me so rrod doesnt bother me or talk of it!

the game demons souls has been so highly rated i thought that it would make me wanna keep the ps3 but MEH i dont think so:(

to be honest i had a ps3 recently and to be honest it bored me to tears!
    I unfortunately have to disagree there. The three weeks I played the God Of War trilogy were some of the best gaming experiences I can remember. Uncharted 1 brought me back to watching the original Indiana Jones movies as a kid, I absolutely loved it. UC2 is next on my to-play list and I really can't wait to get stuck into it. I also wouldn't really compare it to Gears though. While they're both third person shooters I think they're different enough to stand alongside each other rather than against.

Killzone 2, well, it's stunning graphically and certainly picks up towards the end of the campaign but it unfortuantely doesn't touch any of the FPS greats overall.

As for Demon's Souls, I haven't picked it up yet but to say I can't wait to play it is certainly an understatement. :)

As many have said before, if you really want to experience all of the best games this generation then you really need to own both consoles. Which one you get first isn't really THAT big an issue as long as you get them both eventually.

gizmo wrote: »
    I unfortunately have to disagree there. The three weeks I played the God Of War trilogy were some of the best gaming experiences I can remember. Uncharted 1 brought me back to watching the original Indiana Jones movies as a kid, I absolutely loved it. UC2 is next on my to-play list and I really can't wait to get stuck into it. I also wouldn't really compare it to Gears though. While they're both third person shooters I think they're different enough to stand alongside each other rather than against.

Killzone 2, well, it's stunning graphically and certainly picks up towards the end of the campaign but it unfortuantely doesn't touch any of the FPS greats overall.

As for Demon's Souls, I haven't picked it up yet but to say I can't wait to play it is certainly an understatement. :)

As many have said before, if you really want to experience all of the best games this generation then you really need to own both consoles. Which one you get first isn't really THAT big an issue as long as you get them both eventually.
    im not saying the ps3 is terrible but it certainly isnt what people make it out to be like the 360 is a better gaming console imo but ps3 has one major advantage in bluray player although a br player can be got for next to nothing now!

i think the controller did my head in its so small and badly layed out, the 360 controller fits westerners hands much better. think the ps3 controller is designed for the japanese / asian market which is a let down really! god of war collection brought back memories but i couldnt see myself keeping a console that did nothing for me! i just never turned it on i had no interest in it! and i was a ps fanboi believe me just the ps3 imo is a let down:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Ray, i've been using these boards for almost 2 years now, and i have to say that alot of your comments borderline troll material.

EDIT: And gizmo as regards your previous question. I Just find the PS Store cleaner to use, you have your recently added all in one spot which is all i really ever use and wish that LIVE had a similar category.

EDIT: And gizmo as regards your previous question. I Just find the PS Store cleaner to use, you have your recently added all in one spot which is all i really ever use and wish that LIVE had a similar category.
    Ah, interesting. Do you mean a recently purchased, played or browsed sections?

I have both consoles ,

For games

Xbox 360 is better then PS3 , graphics are better gameplay is better.

For online gaming

I use PS3 simply because its free and i dont like to pay for Xbox live who have crap customer service.

For Movies

I use the PS3 as its got Blue ray as well as Mpegs you can import over .

All in all i have had alot of Xbox 360's , every one of them had problems. PS3 i have not had one problem .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

The purchased section is very handy for when you switch PS3's, mass download of everything you bought is very easy. Recently added is what i was getting at though.

EDIT: @Dre; Better graphics is highly debatable, have you played either of the Uncharted games or Killzone2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I have both consoles ,

For games

Xbox 360 is better then PS3 , graphics are better gameplay is better.

Graphics and gameplay are better how? That's a bit of a glaring generalisation there handily backed up by no examples at all.

I have both consoles and have even double-dipped on a few games and have noticed no difference between the consoles. Not saying there aren't some minor differences between them, but if there are they are imperceptible unless you are literally playing them side by side on gigantic TVs.

So I don't really understand what you mean when you say graphics and gameplay are better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Graphics and gameplay are better how? That's a bit of a glaring generalisation there handily backed up by no examples at all.

I have both consoles and have even double-dipped on a few games and have noticed no difference between the consoles. Not saying there aren't some minor differences between them, but if there are they are imperceptible unless you are literally playing them side by side on gigantic TVs.

So I don't really understand what you mean when you say graphics and gameplay are better.

red deads graphics are much better on the xbox, ive seen pictures from both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

garv123 wrote: »
    red deads graphics are much better on the xbox, ive seen pictures from both

Yes that's one game, where the PS3 port is inferior to the 360 version and I played through Red Dead on my PS3 and didn't notice anything wrong with it. Sit someone down with Red Dead on the 360 for a week, then let them play Red Dead on the PS3 and I'd bet they'd struggle to tell any difference except that they're using a different controller. It's not like the PS3 version suddenly looked like an Atari game. Did you also happen to look at the pictures of the 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII versus the PS3 version? The PS3 version is clearly superior, but that's just two games. Neither is enough to say one or the other is better graphically. (Except that if you look at God of War III then the PS3 clearly wins:P)

Also still fail to see how that has any bearing at all on the gameplay and why the 360 excels on that front. I'll say what I've always said both consoles are near identical and someone should go for whichever consoles most of their friends have and/or which consoles has the most exclusives they are interested in. Everything else is so damn near close to identical it really makes no difference. I play my PS3 more because I got that first and it has blu-ray.

Ray, i've been using these boards for almost 2 years now, and i have to say that alot of your comments borderline troll material.

i could say the same about yourself how dare you judge me or any other user!!!

and its my views or opinions im offering so please back off! you really have a cheek!

ALSO YOU HAVENT PLAYED YOUR 360 IN 77 DAYS SO HOW CAN YOU COMMENT ON IT?

now what you wolforager are doing is trolling the xbox forum you fanboi.

really annoyed with you over that comment u made about me!!

go back to the ps forum!

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Yes that's one game, where the PS3 port is inferior to the 360 version and I played through Red Dead on my PS3 and didn't notice anything wrong with it. Sit someone down with Red Dead on the 360 for a week, then let them play Red Dead on the PS3 and I'd bet they'd struggle to tell any difference except that they're using a different controller. It's not like the PS3 version suddenly looked like an Atari game. Did you also happen to look at the pictures of the 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII versus the PS3 version? The PS3 version is clearly superior, but that's just two games. Neither is enough to say one or the other is better graphically. (Except that if you look at God of War III then the PS3 clearly wins:P)

Also still fail to see how that has any bearing at all on the gameplay and why the 360 excels on that front. I'll say what I've always said both consoles are near identical and someone should go for whichever consoles most of their friends have and/or which consoles has the most exclusives they are interested in. Everything else is so damn near close to identical it really makes no difference. I play my PS3 more because I got that first and it has blu-ray.
    ehm heres another game quickly GHOSTBUSTERS huge difference between the consoles in this game the 360 is miles ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

annnnnnnnnnnnnnd

we dont allow ps3 vs xbox threads on either the playstation or xbox forum, there is a thread for it in the games forum, but here its pointless circuler fanboi baiting bollocks with no genuine answer.

persistance will meet a banhammer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement