Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Woooo new thread :D

Let me start off by saying welcome to the home of the Premier League Champions 09/10 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

According to a chatter on chels site Benayoun having a medical as we speak not exactly blown away by this signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

smuckers wrote: »
    According to a chatter on chels site Benayoun having a medical as we speak not exactly blown away by this signing

Understatement?

Depressed by this signing would be more fitting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ah yer not serious, way to put a downer on the new thread Smukers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

sorry gonzo i suppose it won't be too bad if other class players come in too

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »

Anybody wanna get a flight to London, I have a very handy baseball bat that might happen to "fall" a few times on to his legs. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

The way I look at it he'll be a handy squad player. We're losing a few squad players so we'll need replacements. If he's all we sign I'd worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

oh for gods sake, i thought this rumour had gone by the way-side...

I DO NOT WANT BENAYOUN...!!

Ya, gotta agree with ya Lance, I would rather not see him in a Chelsea jersey, squad player or not id rather go down a different avenue then this TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

gavredking wrote: »
    Ya, gotta agree with ya Lance, I would rather not see him in a Chelsea jersey, squad player or not id rather go down a different avenue then this TBH.

i just cant get my head around the thinking on this one?!
    why not just pay cole the extra 10/20k he wants instead of forking out 6mil on this fella who will be an out and out squad player!!

the WC just shows us how many amazing young talents there are, I cant believe we are not looking at some other targets...

• Advertisement

LanceStorm wrote: »
    i just cant get my head around the thinking on this one?!
    why not just pay cole the extra 10/20k he wants instead of forking out 6mil on this fella who will be an out and out squad player!!

the WC just shows us how many amazing young talents there are, I cant believe we are not looking at some other targets...

+1

Id rather keep Cole then sign an older Yossi really.

The problem with all the young talent is, its gonna cost us a fair few bobs to get anyone decent.

I dont think your gonna get a good, young player for in and around 5-8 million quid especially after the WC that some of them have had.

TBH if they are good enough, most of the bigger clubs in the world will have scputs over at some stage to check these players out.

I think we should give our youngesters a game before we invest in some other young players, unless its Aguero :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Aw fúck off Yossi :(

Not really a suprise but Deco signing for Fluminense is imminent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Lads, I am shocked with yer attitude. We let ballack, deco, belletti, cole all go, thats 4 midfielders. We need to sigh some squad players as well as superstars. Yossi would be a decent squad player for us, proven in the league, defends well and attacks very well and is experienced. We need to sign at least another midfielder to sit on the bench and probablly a more expensive one to replace ballack.
    Their will be better players arriving this summer to the bridge but yossi would make a excellent squad player for us.

The point is why replace Joe with an older player who in my opinion is not going to add anything to the squad over a player brought up from youths or reserves. Don't like this transfer whatever way ye look at it.

The point is why replace Joe with an older player who in my opinion is not going to add anything to the squad over a player brought up from youths or reserves. Don't like this transfer whatever way ye look at it.

Why do you think he is a replacement for cole? Cole was not a first team player and yossi wont be on 100,000 a week for a squad player. Yeah, hes old but I am sure we will sign some youth this summer. Hopefully aaguero, please god sign aguero:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

New thread....!

WHOOO!

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Why do you think he is a replacement for cole? Cole was not a first team player and yossi wont be on 100,000 a week for a squad player. Yeah, hes old but I am sure we will sign some youth this summer. Hopefully aaguero, please god sign aguero:D:D

Yossi wont be on a 100,000 a week but the 6m (reported) fee would more than equate to the difference. The point I'm trying to make is surely some of the reserves, youths are good enough to fill that gap. For example why let Stoch go. He could have been promised enough game time in my opinion. Remarks about his physicallity for the premiership are off the mark in my opinion. Pacy and skilful and looked decent in the WC. Could have done a right job in AMR in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Anyone interested in linking memberships with me?

Prob will be only going over to 2/3 games this season, My hope would be that by linking accounts ,the seldom time I do visit the bridge I will be able to get 3 or 4 tickets rather than buying 4 memberships??

Anyone up for this, PM me:D

Lads, I am shocked with yer attitude. We let ballack, deco, belletti, cole all go, thats 4 midfielders. We need to sigh some squad players as well as superstars. Yossi would be a decent squad player for us, proven in the league, defends well and attacks very well and is experienced. We need to sign at least another midfielder to sit on the bench and probablly a more expensive one to replace ballack.
    Their will be better players arriving this summer to the bridge but yossi would make a excellent squad player for us.

We need one very good midfielder and thats it, look at our squad, we have Lampard, Malouda, Essien , Mikel, we have Matic that can replace Ballack, Kakuta that can replace Cole and Deco. Thats 6 off the top of my head that will play in 3 poistions.

I want the younger guys to get a run rather then wasting monwy on Yossi. He was decent at West Ham and ok for liverpool, not by any means a great player, and I think his best position in our team would be out wide upfront, which puts him right in contention with one of the best front 3 in the EPL and also we have Borini and Sturridge chomping at the bit to get a chance up there.

I just dont think he would fit in anywhere and I dont want Yossi, any money seont on him is silly money IMO and is best used elsewhere, especially if we are going be frugal with who we get and what we spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Apparently we are still in for Schweinsteiger. Unless he wants to move can't see it though :(

Yes please, give us Aguero or else give Borini, Sturridge, Kakuta more game time up front, even the 3 of them young guns would be very impressive, Borini through the middle with Sturridge and Kakuta from wide, the future is bright for us.

Also Kalou is still young and he has improved this year more then any other year, I think he has finally got the pace of the league and the physical side of it, now if he can control is head a bit, as it seems he thinks quicker then his feet can react sometimes :P

Lukker- wrote: »
    Apparently we are still in for Schweinsteiger. Unless he wants to move can't see it though :(

^^^now thats the type of player I want to see at chelsea. I see real madrid want him for 50mill, I dont think we can compete with that.

Anyone else worried that a cole will be off to madrid especially after the disapointing WC he has become public enemy no.1. I f he goes I think David luiz would be a good replacement, can play in centre or left. Saw him against everton this year and he was excellent.

Any deal before the WC would have cost us close to 18 - 20 million, I reckon after his displays in the WC that will have increased to Bayern not wanting to sell regardless, unless its ridicolous money,circa 30 million or something in and around that figure.

Id happily take Toulalan on the cheap.

^^^now thats the type of player I want to see at chelsea. I see real madrid want him for 50mill, I dont think we can compete with that.

Anyone else worried that a cole will be off to madrid especially after the disapointing WC he has become public enemy no.1. I f he goes I think David luiz would be a good replacement, can play in centre or left. Saw him against everton this year and he was excellent.

We wont sell A.Cole unless its for mad money, should R.Madrid want to buy may I recommend the give us Kaka, I wont be greedy and ask for cash, straight swap :pac:

Also we have Zhirkov should Cole go.

gavredking wrote: »
    Any deal before the WC would have cost us close to 18 - 20 million, I reckon after his displays in the WC that will have increased to Bayern not wanting to sell regardless, unless its ridicolous money,circa 30 million or something in and around that figure.

Id happily take Toulalan on the cheap.

I honestly wouldn't flinch if we payed 40 million for him. Only 25, second world cup and he is at the eart of everything the Germans have done at this World Cup.

Scweinsteiger would be a fantastic signing. A central 3 of

Schweinsteiger
    Essien Lampard

would be unstoppable

I honestly wouldn't flinch if we payed 40 million for him. Only 25, second world cup and he is at the eart of everything the Germans have done at this World Cup.

40 would be to much IMO, but I would love to get him, but if it means blowing it all on one player I reckon we should take him over anyone else, and that includes Aguero

Scweinsteiger would be a fantastic signing. A central 3 of

Schweinsteiger
    Essien Lampard

would be unstoppable

Yup. I agree, also it would free Malouda to play wide left with Drogba through the middle and Kalou/Anelka on the right :eek:

What a team :cool:

• Advertisement

In other news Carvalho is apparently close to leaving.

source?

Hope Carvalho stays. Proved he can still play at the top level in the world cup. Such a class player, would be a loss.

Rumour that Yossi was spotted at Cobham.

expect it to be announced anytime today or tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anyone wanna link memberships for this season? :)

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in linking memberships with me?

Prob will be only going over to 2/3 games this season, My hope would be that by linking accounts ,the seldom time I do visit the bridge I will be able to get 3 or 4 tickets rather than buying 4 memberships??

Anyone up for this, PM me:D
    Johner wrote: »
    Anyone wanna link memberships for this season? :)

yes Johner I'd Be on for that!

I'll send you a PM with my membership number in a bit. :)

Thats not good at all, losing a player of his quality would be impossible to replace, I know we have Alex and Ivanovic but they dont compare to good old Ricky :pac:

He gets away with so much and is such an amazing player, one of my favourites easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

NEIN TO YOSSI ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Do you any of you have any idea if Josh McEachran will get any game time this year? I heard he travelled with the the first team squad on a few occasions last year, and has apparently been training with the first team in May. He's been given the number 51 for next season if what I've read is true. He was sensational in the England youth/Chelsea youth games I saw last year. Have never seen an English player like him, such a continental style midfielder, freakishly similar to Iniesta imo. Would love to see him get some minutes on the pitch this year.

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    Do you any of you have any idea if Josh McEachran will get any game time this year? I heard he travelled with the the first team squad on a few occasions last year, and has apparently been training with the first team in May. He's been given the number 51 for next season if what I've read is true. He was sensational in the England youth/Chelsea youth games I saw last year. Have never seen an English player like him, such a continental style midfielder, freakishly similar to Iniesta imo. Would love to see him get some minutes on the pitch this year.

As you say Josh traveled with the squad on a couple of occasions last season Blackburn(League cup) and one other league game I think, he already got a squad number last season iirc. He is very highly thought of at Chelsea and was unreal in the Youth Cup winning side this season. I think he might get a run out in the Carling Cup this season but not more than that. He is still very young, pretty sure he only just turned 17 recently. He is definitely one to watch though, his ball control and range of passing is exceptionally good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Lads - few things

Cole to Madrid - yes we have zhirkov, but he's nowhere near the quality of cole

Yossi - a better, more consistent player than Joe Cole IMO

We have youth coming through, but we still need another two midfielders as one of these seasons, Lampard is going to get injured and we'll be ****ed - proper ****ed!

Archimedes wrote: »

Yeah I really hope he is given a run out in the Carling Cup at least this year. He is very young so there is no point rushing him, but if he reaches anywhere near his potential he could be an English player. Exactly what England don't have, a CM playmaker who loves to get the ball at his feet. Decent movement off the ball coupled with fantastic feet makes him Chelsea's most exciting prospect IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Lamps and the PigBreeder were having a good old chinwag after England's defeat.....wondering was Frank love-bombing him?

He's actually a very similar player to Frank, can get fwd. quickly, has a cracking shot, scores goals - where he differs is in his superior touch and technical ability, and he sees things very quickly.

Midfielder of the WC for me so far - would LOVE to see him in a Chelsea shirt next season. At 25, he'd be the perfect "long-term" replacement for Lamps.

jrar wrote: »
    Lamps and the PigBreeder were having a good old chinwag after England's defeat.....wondering was Frank love-bombing him?

He's actually a very similar player to Frank, can get fwd. quickly, has a cracking shot, scores goals - where he differs is in his superior touch and technical ability, and he sees things very quickly.

Midfielder of the WC for me so far - would LOVE to see him in a Chelsea shirt next season. At 25, he'd be the perfect "long-term" replacement for Lamps.

Yeah thought I was the only one who noticed. Hopefully it was something along the lines of " See you in SW6".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11888_6241633,00.html

looks like Ozil wants to come to Engerland. Seems I'd be interested in a move to Chelsea. Wouldn't mind him in a Chelsea shirt at all :)

Yes please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

So Yossi in is official.

Could be a decent signing, not sure what to make of it...

Not happy with this signing for reasons stated elsewhere in this thread, but it's done now so we'll just have to get behind the lad. Do us proud Yossi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Benayoun is an interesting signing, I never thought id see him at Chelsea for some reason, maybe Arsenal but not Chelsea :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement