Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

3 nice points. Vital for third/fourth place. Also puts MU under pressure from Arsenal. Let's hope Liverpool can put another on over on them (if there's anything left in their tank) or at least take two points off them.

It's a bad season for Chelsea. But the last week has been a good one. Who knows. MU lose more points and all of a sudden the boot is on the other foot.

Realistically though, CL is the only opportunity. And thankfully this team is not over the hill. Especially if it can avoid injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Drogba at the end was absolutely brilliant at holding the ball in the corner, insured there were no scares in added time. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

the_monkey wrote: »
    Great result for us !!!
    true blue you are!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Delighted with the second half performance, luiz you legend and back into top 4. Great night

• Advertisement

Luiz is unreal, going to be such a great player for us, he's abit too fiery at the moment though reminds me of Rafael, both going to be brilliant but have to calm down a little bit!

He was lucky not to be sent off but he always seems to play on the edge but he is already one of my favourite players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

true blue you are!!

¿Que?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Fantastic result.
    Been having a crap day (work etc.) and so this is a real tonic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Our midfield was excellent 2nd half. Ramires....the doubters can fcuk right off.:)

Luiz, instant legend now. Essien ran the game second half, so much possession and used it far better than recently.

Torres looked far better tonight, another few matches and he'll be scoring for fun again.

• Advertisement

Hopefully we can push on from here and put a run toghether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Haters gonna hate......

david-luiz-chelsea.jpg

¿Que?
    I loved your original post that you erased!!

Carry on true blue!!

I loved your original post that you erased!!

Carry on true blue!!

I don't know what you're talking about ...

I don't know what you're talking about ...
    Flavahaj might be able to refresh your memory!

Malouda must be dropped, he was poor again tonight, Zhirkov was good when he came on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Johner wrote: »
    Malouda must be dropped, he was poor again tonight, Zhirkov was good when he came on.

100% agree, his distribution was awful. Gave away so much ball. Zhirkov, is far more direct.

A big difference tonight was Ancelotti making the changes much earlier than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

sweet... sweet as hell. best match I have watched this year. Both teams had their chances to take victory, but after that 94 mins I am comfortable that Chelsea deserved the win.

Not going to post in the match thread because the hatred in there is childish and embarrassing.

I'll be sleeping with a grin. whingers gonna whinge..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Even though I felt hard done by with a reffing decision, that is not the fault of CFC, I thought United were comfortable enough in the first half but ye came out strong in the second.
    I thought the Drog was fantastic when he came on.
    Congrats from a bitter, bitter United fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Jesus what a second half and the energy of Lamps Essien and Ramieres was unreal, Torres movment is good needs a goal.
    well done boys!

• Advertisement

I am staying away from match threads in future, too many wind up merchants who are quick to turn on ya.

Sour grapes from fergie, shocked:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I am staying away from match threads in future, too many wind up merchants who are quick to turn on ya.

Sour grapes from fergie, shocked:rolleyes:

I think you deserved every bit of crap you got after you called United fans scum. :rolleyes:

d22ontour wrote: »
    I think you deserved every bit of crap you got after you called United fans scum. :rolleyes:

ah jaysus, they will get over it, lots of things are said in the heat of the moment on a match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bloody hell I'm happy with that result tonight.
    As already posted, Malouda needs to see some bench time at this stage.
    Drogba was super at holding the ball up in the corner for the final minutes.
    We have sheer class in Luiz and Rameries.
    Deeeelighted.
    GWAN THE BLUES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Looking at yere fixtures ye dont have a bad set , could see ya winning a lot of points in final 10 games , said it before on this thread we are in a battle with city for 4th spot not youse.

BERBA wrote: »
    Looking at yere fixtures ye dont have a bad set , could see ya winning a lot of points in final 10 games , said it before on this thread we are in a battle with city for 4th spot not youse.

Nah, chelsea are very hit and miss this season, I think its a 3 way battle for 3rd, 4th and 5th. If chelsea get a run going we could get third.

Bollox just saw Everton lost and ruined my coupon. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Who is that new striker we bought with the big mop of hair :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What a night at the bridge , Oh that second half is up there with the best of them , loved every minute of it ,

Drobga was excellent when he came on , Torres worked his heart out , his goals will come .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Fantastic result, looks like the old Chelsea is back.
    Shame it makes our perfomances against Everton, Wolves etc stand so much for being poor.

Torres is an interesting one for sure. I thought he did well, glad we have him, but the price of buying him when we did, was losing\drawing games whilst we figured out how to play him.

Was Roman there?

and Everton lost to Reading :D

Tricky away to Blackpool now, but luckily without Adam

• Advertisement

Who is that new striker we bought with the big mop of hair :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What a night at the bridge , Oh that second half is up there with the best of them , loved every minute of it ,

Drobga was excellent when he came on , Torres worked his heart out , his goals will come .

Would have given anything to be there for that! Ah well Blackpool away will have to do next week!

Fantastic result, looks like the old Chelsea is back.
    Shame it makes our perfomances against Everton, Wolves etc stand so much for being poor.

Torres is an interesting one for sure. I thought he did well, glad we have him, but the price of buying him when we did, was losing\drawing games whilst we figured out how to play him.

Was Roman there?

and Everton lost to Reading :D

Tricky away to Blackpool now, but luckily without Adam

And DJ Campbell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

GET IN.

Chelsea might just be back, too late this season. Carlo should stay now. Future is bright.

Swivel on that United.

_51481401_lampard_goal.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Luiz is like a player possessed, superb but still not the finished article yet, a great signing tho as are ramieres and nando

He needs to calm down a little, but he has the potential to be a world class defender for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I told the lad sitting next to me at the start of the game that Luiz is Rickkky times a 1000.
    Alright, bit of an over estimation but he is lethal. Prone to the odd mistimed tackle but sure hes young.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Would have given anything to be there for that! Ah well Blackpool away will have to do next week!

That reminds me , I have a Spare for Man City in the Matthew Harding upper on the 20th if anyone is interested

That reminds me , I have a Spare for Man City in the Matthew Harding upper on the 20th if anyone is interested

Yep, need to confirm, but def interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He needs to calm down a little, but he has the potential to be a world class defender for us.

He reminds me of Carvalho but he has the potential to be even better, I dont know many CB's in the world who would have scored that goal, f**k it, many of the best players in the world would have struggled with getting that in at that angle.

Also love how he palyed like an assaisn, what a man.

I love you Chelsea, through thick and thin, also, well played Carlo, some man.

I bloody love Chelsea me !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Maybe a bit early, but David Luiz is probably gonna end up being our greatest signing since Frank Lampard in 2001. What a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Well done lads, great win for ye in a really good game of ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Flavahaj might be able to refresh your memory!

Heh, the usual half time meltdown from the monkey. Epic.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Well done lads, great win for ye in a really good game of ball.

It was a very good game, for once the Sky hype was worth it.

Im sure Utd will still win the league but this will do our confidence the world of good for the next few games. Great night to be a Chelsea fan again lads.

And monkey, i love you, dont ever go away ha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

He was trying to calm down the rotweiller :D

Nuts does it every time, he is fantastic, seems to be where he should be to intercept any ball, world class

Belletti. :D

julianobelletti Juliano Belletti
    Come on Chelsea!!! #CFC

julianobelletti Juliano Belletti
    Congratulations to #CFC !! What a victory!! Fantastic!!

Brillant from Belletti :pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Heh, the usual half time meltdown from the monkey. Epic.

I still haven't seen the evidence !!!! :P !!!

oooops .... the whiskey has come out .... I'm gonna have a sore head in the morning ..... :D !!!!!!!

oooops .... the whiskey has come out .... I'm gonna have a sore head in the morning ..... :D !!!!!!!

Just logout of Boards, you dont wanna get banned.

Im happy at home, had a Utd fan and Pool fan over aswell as Villa fan to watch it and have a few bottles. Oh how we gloated at the Utd fan, all in good banter though.

Most important game is the next one lads, this was a good 3 points but just 3 points at the end of the day, if we dont win the next EPL game then tonight was worth F' all

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement