Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Looking forward to seeing more or Luiz :)....Dunno how Drogba & Torres will work because Torres was poor today and Drog was very good.

Great Win & We need to win our next 2 games to stake our claim for a top 4 finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

superfrank wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing more or Luiz :)....Dunno how Drogba & Torres will work because Torres was poor today and Drog was very good.

Great Win & We need to win our next 2 games to stake our claim for a top 4 finish

IMO Torres had a good/decent game. Looked very lively and well up for it. When Anelka was taken off though for Drogba, he wasnt impressed at all and I thought that Malouda should have been pulled and went 3 up top with 3 in the middle as Essien, Ramires and Lamps covered every blade of grass.

Drogbas little cameo was brillant to watch, when hes up for it, like he was last night ya cant play against him, what a beast.

Not really complaning now though we won, thats all that counts.

On David Luiz, he was very lucky to stay on, it was brillant to watch from a Chelsea fans view as he kept getting involved and getting away with it, I thought Ivanovic bullied Nani into a poor enough performance. Ramires was very good again, that boy covers some amount of ground.

No way Essien was the MoM, but TBH it was hard to pick one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

superfrank wrote: »

Torres worked his heart out , chased down every ball, his goals will come for sure, was really impressed with him last night.

Malouda was dire and should never again see the green grass of a football pitch in a Chelsea shirt again, has lost a couple of yards of pace and his distribution was dire .

JT passed a few howlers last night , not like him at all , but had a solid game .

Luiz is the real deal, everytime he got the ball he tried to bring it out and look for a positive pass.

Essien was slow on the ball all night passed everything sidewards or backwards , really negative all night long.

Rameries looks like a real Gem , although slightly reserved for most of the game after the early booking , we are badly of need of width in the team.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I am hearing of two footed lunge by Giggs on Drogba , worthy of a red so they say on The Shed, must of missed that with all the signing and dancing I was doing in the Matthew Harding upper , can hardly speak today the voice is shot ,
    did any on here see it ?

Ended up doing the customary tumble over a row of seats when we got the second , shins, ankles and legs in bits now but loved every moment of it.

You walk away after a cheeky foul like you never touched him, not offer him a hand up :D

150124.jpg

I am hearing of two footed lunge by Giggs on Drogba , worthy of a red so they say on The Shed, must of missed that with all the signing and dancing I was doing in the Matthew Harding upper , can hardly speak today the voice is shot ,
    did any on here see it ?

Ended up doing the customary tumble over a row of seats when we got the second , shins, ankles and legs in bits now but loved every moment of it.

From my take on it from the T.V. replay it wasnt a red, it was a nailed on booking though, in saying that I think im right in saying they only showed one replay of it so it could have been worse then what I saw, Giggs and a few of the United players we're frustrated at Drogba for holding it up in the corner but he did it so well, he ate up the added tie on his own practically, what a man.

Im sure the sore legs/shin/ankles are a price to pay for been there. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

After all that we've got the 1/4 final of the Youth Cup tonight at home to Watford. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Johner wrote: »
    After all that we've got the 1/4 final of the Youth Cup tonight at home to Watford. :)

Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Really good result for Chelsea last night. Soft penalty but you have to roll with it when its going your way i guess.
    Luiz very lucky boy to be still on the pitch. Took his goal very well.
    In saying that he looks a player who will show glimpses of brilliance but in the same game do something silly.
    Maybe that's something that can be improved?

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Really good result for Chelsea last night. Soft penalty but you have to roll with it when its going your way i guess.
    Luiz very lucky boy to be still on the pitch. Took his goal very well.
    In saying that he looks a player who will show glimpses of brilliance but in the same game do something silly.
    Maybe that's something that can be improved?

He's still young, only 23 so I'm sure he will learn to calm down a little bit. He looks brilliant though.

He's still young, only 23 so I'm sure he will learn to calm down a little bit. He looks brilliant though.
    I personally wouldn't go as far as looking brilliant myself.
    He was caught out of position a few times.
    I'm a stickler for position myself and teams keeping their shape so i'll admit i'm probably being a bit hard on him.
    He looks potentially excellent imo.
    Premier League needs players like him.
    Welcome addition imo and looks like someone who'll cause a bit of controversy :D

I personally wouldn't go as far as looking brilliant myself.
    He was caught out of position a few times.
    I'm a stickler for position myself and teams keeping their shape so i'll admit i'm probably being a bit hard on him.
    He looks potentially excellent imo.
    Premier League needs players like him.
    Welcome addition imo and looks like someone who'll cause a bit of controversy :D

Like Carvalho, only quicker. :cool:

Hes not firty, just cynical ;)

gavredking wrote: »

I wouldn't have thought of him as dirty from what i've seen so far.
    He probably plays on the limits of the laws.
    Nothing wrong with that.

I wouldn't have thought of him as dirty from what i've seen so far.
    He probably plays on the limits of the laws.
    Nothing wrong with that.

Well if he turns out to be like Carvalho we will be onto a gem. For my money Carvalho was, and still is one of the best ball playing CB's around and whats scary is David Luiz is better then him on the ball. I really think David Luiz could play in midfield for us as well.

I think dirty was a bit harsh, he did foul Rooney and he was doing his best to get as close to Rooney and Nani as he could, he got spun once or twice but more often then not he was in the right place at the right time.

His block with his plums was tear enducing, welcome to EPL lad, he will go down a storm if he keeps this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

The defensive ability of Vidic coupled with the cunning and hair of Carvalho, what more could you ask for?

Seriously though, his positional sense does seem to be weak, though I've a feeling it could seem worse than it actually is. Maybe it's more to do with his adventurous, offensive nature that he wanders out of position but he really needs to learn to keep it in check.

I'm not a huge fan of center halves bombing forward, especially when the last man back is either Ivan or Terry, probably not the best candidates to defend against a pacey counter attacking move.

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »
    The defensive ability of Vidic coupled with the cunning and hair of Carvalho, what more could you ask for?

Seriously though, his positional sense does seem to be weak, though I've a feeling it could seem worse than it actually is. Maybe it's more to do with his adventurous, offensive nature that he wanders out of position but he really needs to learn to keep it in check.

I'm not a huge fan of center halves bombing forward, especially when the last man back is either Ivan or Terry, probably not the best candidates to defend against a pacey counter attacking move.

Ha he does have a good mix of hard b**tard coupled with Brazilian flair.

I think at the moment his positioning might seem a tad off but hes still only new to this league and getting used to it, wait until nextseason he will be like a rock.

Ive got to disagree, I love ball playing CB's and especially ones that carry it out and join the attack, with Chelsea we're blessed with Ramires and Essien who if David Luiz does decide to bomb on can fill the void left behind.

Also, with Terry partnering him at the heart of the defence he is next to a vocal leader of the team and can pick up a few things from him, once his english improves a bit anyway.

Liverpool v Man Utd now is a game Man Utd dare not lose as Arsenal are in with a great chance of putting big pressure on them at the moment, I can see Man Utd drawing at Anfield, dont htink they will beat Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Utd fan here.

Congrats on the win last night lads. I was delighted after the first half, but still had a gnawing feeling about our performance in the 2nd half (had happened a few times this season that Utd trailed off in the 2nd half) Unfortunately that feeling was correct and we fell apart.

You did well to take advantage. Hope Utd rebuild this summer, much like you guys are doing now.

PS: Luiz looks like a fantastic signing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Maybe if Malouda reduced pumping iron he might become a bit quicker, he has bulked up too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Ha he does have a good mix of hard b**tard coupled with Brazilian flair.

I think at the moment his positioning might seem a tad off but hes still only new to this league and getting used to it, wait until nextseason he will be like a rock.

Ive got to disagree, I love ball playing CB's and especially ones that carry it out and join the attack, with Chelsea we're blessed with Ramires and Essien who if David Luiz does decide to bomb on can fill the void left behind.

Also, with Terry partnering him at the heart of the defence he is next to a vocal leader of the team and can pick up a few things from him, once his english improves a bit anyway.

Liverpool v Man Utd now is a game Man Utd dare not lose as Arsenal are in with a great chance of putting big pressure on them at the moment, I can see Man Utd drawing at Anfield, dont htink they will beat Liverpool.

Luiz is the new Frank Leboeuf! Even the missus said about him being everywhere!
    he is jekyll and hyde thats for sure.
    Against Fulham, getting mugged for the peno and should have been off against Utd, but wow what a right foot volley!
    Mourinho would have been throwing teacups if he was managing him!

I wonder what Torres etc think of him when they look over and its like "Oh theres our new CB putting a cross in!"

Anyone else notice how he has his full name on the shirt, David Luiz and not just Luiz?

Ramires needs to bulk up, gets too easily knocked off the ball.
    Essien had his best game in ages

Whisper it quietly, but Torres could still get a winners medal, if he keeps playing and of course we win it! How ironic would that be?!
    You have to have played in 10 games even as a sub

I wonder if he could still get a CL medal?

Whisper it quietly, but Torres could still get a winners medal, if he keeps playing and of course we win it! How ironic would that be?!
    I fail to see the irony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I must say, while Luiz's goal was impressive, I thought defensively he still has a lot to learn. He let Rooney have too much space on numerous occassions, one of which resulted in the goal. He also could easily have been sent off. I think he is very good on the ball, but off the ball, he's not going to be Carvalho's replacement just yet. He looks like he's got the potential, but I'd imagine it'll be at least a year or two before he gets up to that level.

I fail to see the irony

because he jumped ship half way and ends up winning a medal

Alanis Morissette, are you in there?

It would be sweet, but not ironic. :)

I think you misunderstand the meaning of 'irony'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jaysus, I'm still deeelighted after last night's result. And the performance in the second half, some real signs of the Chelsea bite that has been lacking since November pretty much.
    Just had a read through Carlo's reaction there, pretty good accessment I thought.
    Wasn't looking forward to the Blackpool game prior to last night, had visions of them getting an early goal, parking the bus and we coming away with nothing. But now the attitude is "bring it on!"

papagormo wrote: »
    Wasn't looking forward to the Blackpool game prior to last night, had visions of them getting an early goal, parking the bus and we coming away with nothing. But now the attitude is "bring it on!"

They would never do that. :)

I take it you haven't seen Blackpool play too often this season?

They would never do that. :)

Might have to resort to that tactic as they will be without Charlie and DJ!

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Utd fan here.

Congrats on the win last night lads. I was delighted after the first half, but still had a gnawing feeling about our performance in the 2nd half (had happened a few times this season that Utd trailed off in the 2nd half) Unfortunately that feeling was correct and we fell apart.

You did well to take advantage. Hope Utd rebuild this summer, much like you guys are doing now.

PS: Luiz looks like a fantastic signing..

Cheers mate.

Yes Luiz looks very good, but a tad raw but he will get there, also still think the league is United's to lose, ye have a tougher run in then Arsenal and if ye both slip up, we might, MIGHT be there are there abouts. Good luck with the season.
    Luiz is the new Frank Leboeuf! Even the missus said about him being everywhere!
    he is jekyll and hyde thats for sure.
    Against Fulham, getting mugged for the peno and should have been off against Utd, but wow what a right foot volley!
    Mourinho would have been throwing teacups if he was managing him!

I wonder what Torres etc think of him when they look over and its like "Oh theres our new CB putting a cross in!"

Anyone else notice how he has his full name on the shirt, David Luiz and not just Luiz?

Ramires needs to bulk up, gets too easily knocked off the ball.
    Essien had his best game in ages

I wonder if he could still get a CL medal?

I think he said on Sky he had the Ddvid Luiz as his dad had a chance to played and nearly made it so he said he'd have his own name/legacy,open to correction though.

Once your in the CL squad you get a medal regardless of games played, Chelsea register players for the group stage and for the knockout stage so once your in the knockout stage squad and you win the thing then you get a medal.

I dont think its in Blackpool's make up to defend, they have been playin well and taking points by approaching enarly every game with the same gung ho tactics of piling on pressure and going for goals, don tthink that will change and thats what will be there eventual downfall in this league.

• Advertisement

Assuming we get past Copenhagen, when do we find out which night our QF is on?

The dates are the 5th & 6th / 12th & 13th of April.

Would it be hard to get tickets for these?

the_monkey wrote: »
    oooops .... the whiskey has come out .... I'm gonna have a sore head in the morning ..... :D !!!!!!!

Looks like our monkey hit the bottle too hard and picked up an infraction or two, word on the street is he has an automatic 6 month ban for racking them up.

Message too all, dont booze and Boards, its not good for ya.:o

The worlds gone mad

Looks like our monkey hit the bottle too hard and picked up an infraction or two, word on the street is he has an automatic 6 month ban for racking them up.

Really?

Essien wrote: »
    Really?

LOL, I got an infraction last night for calling rooney a ch***ing ****bag!

I lost it when he scored the goal!

Museist also, after the crap he/she was spouting ?

Personally of late I've started trying not to bother replying to posters who I think are trolling/baiting etc to be honest.
    Not worth the time/effort/hassle etc.

Personally of late I've started trying not to bother replying to posters who I think are trolling/baiting etc to be honest.
    Not worth the time/effort/hassle etc.

I like to thank them, kind of whatever\up yours gesture!

yeah me too....
    :pac::pac::pac:
    Ah I'm only kidding!

• Advertisement

yeah me too....
    :pac::pac::pac:
    Ah I'm only kidding!

LOL

Team for tonight

Blackman, Kane, Pappoe (c), Kalas, Deen-Conteh, Chalobah, Saville, McEachran, Clifford, Devyne, Lalkovic.

There was an awful load of shite being spouted in that thread last night tbh, I reacted to some but I'm pretty sure I was nowhere near an infraction. MUSEIST and the_monkey really took the biscuit though.
    Although, having said that, there were a few United fans who are here long enough to know better too, crying about conspiracy theories and the like, it was great to read :pac:

Team for tonight

Blackman, Kane, Pappoe (c), Kalas, Deen-Conteh, Chalobah, Saville, McEachran, Clifford, Devyne, Lalkovic.

Should be a good game, can't wait for it! McEachran to run the show.

Stream for anyone interested http://www.vip---tv.net/vip-tv-1.php

We should have had a penalty after 20 seconds

1-0 Waterford, completely against the run of play

• Advertisement

Balls he changed to Arsenal game

Get in! 1-1 Devine on the stroke of half time, great boost going in at the break!

Lalkovic misses a peno!

2-1! About time too we have been all over them this half! Was on OG, good work by Billy Clifford! 8minutes left!

I most say though it is very easy to be infracted, aprt of the reason I stay away from match threads is for the very reason its very easy to pick them up.

They make good reading, sometimes more fun then the game itself. but I dont wanna be caught up in all the trolling/flaming that goes on, I think ive outgrown at this stage in my life, still fun to throw in the odd snide remark or little poke at a club/player/fans. :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement