Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Well done to the youths last night. Showed great grit and determination. Billy Clifford had an excellent game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Udinese have confirmed that they have received 29.7mil bid for Sanchez, hope its us:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

smuckers wrote: »
    Udinese have confirmed that they have received 29.7mil bid for Sanchez, hope its us:D

Seen that on SSN last night, hope it is true and that it is us.

I think it could be the club trying to drum up interest inthe lad before the summer transfer window comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

smuckers wrote: »

Hope its us but tenner says its Barca/Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Anyone hear from Daz lately?
    I'm off to go and nosey

Cristian Ceballos formerly of Barcalona is on trial with Chelsea.

Also an interesting article about two possible summer targets and the goings on behind closed door.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Hoping to see us go 4-4-2 against Blackpool with Zirkhov starting ahead of malouda. Also Didier is deserving of a start. Maybe Him & Torres up front?

Luiz has a hamstring injury but should be back for Monday !!

Anyone else think Ivanovic had a great game & kept Nani very quiet? Also got the assist for the Luiz goal!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Malouda deffo should not start , I would like to see Lamps on the bench for this one two , Blackpool play the game so fast we need to be on our toes big time.

Going back to something one of the lads on here said to me , if we get through to the next round of the Champions league would there be many interested in getting a good group of us over for the game ?

Midweek game so should be handy enough to get flights at a decent price and tickets are usually handy enough to get for home games in the Champions league , you can still get tickets for the second leg against Copenhagen now and they have been on sale for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Malouda deffo should not start , I would like to see Lamps on the bench for this one two , Blackpool play the game so fast we need to be on our toes big time.

Going back to something one of the lads on here said to me , if we get through to the next round of the Champions league would there be many interested in getting a good group of us over for the game ?

Midweek game so should be handy enough to get flights at a decent price and tickets are usually handy enough to get for home games in the Champions league , you can still get tickets for the second leg against Copenhagen now and they have been on sale for a while.

Count me in for some of that, depending on who we get should we get through(we really should though) could be hard to get tickets if we get a big team.
    amiable wrote: »

Seen it elsewhere, funny out though.

• Advertisement

gavredking wrote: »
    Count me in for some of that, depending on who we get should we get through(we really should though) could be hard to get tickets if we get a big team.

Seen it elsewhere, funny out though.
    True. If you can't have a laugh about it there's no point being alive:D

amiable wrote: »
    True. If you can't have a laugh about it there's no point being alive:D

TBF to Ashley his shooting is quite good for a LB. :p

Sure all the very sane and reasonable players wielded guns of some sort, Maradona, Gascoigne (i think), Cole.

just a natural progression if you ask me. :pac:

gavredking wrote: »
    TBF to Ashley his shooting is quite good for a LB. :p

Sure all the very sane and reasonable players wielded guns of some sort, Maradona, Gascoigne (i think), Cole.

just a natural progression if you ask me. :pac:
    You can be sure Gazza did at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

+1, I was thinking about heading over anyway. Right now you can get a return flight for any of the QF matchdays for about €25 with Ryanair. It will probably be more by the time the fixtures are finalized.

I'll head over anyway, would be great to get a few going.

Essien wrote: »
    +1, I was thinking about heading over anyway. Right now you can get a return flight for any of the QF matchdays for about €25 with Ryanair. It will probably be more by the time the fixtures are finalized.

How do you guys usually work it? Where do ye get flights to? Luton?

Also is there flights after the game to save the expense of staying over??

SF

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Il be going over ,

@ superfrank I usually fly to heathrow because you can get the tube from there ,

Going to Gathwick /Standsted /Lutton you need to get a train , I have gotten both the Gatwick and Standsted express before and both cost in the region of £32 return may be more now as I have not used them in over a year and then you need to get a tube.

On a CL match you will need to stay over as there is no late flights , I usually stay in Jurys as its a 10 minute walk from the ground and its about €80-100

superfrank wrote: »
    How do you guys usually work it? Where do ye get flights to? Luton?

Also is there flights after the game to save the expense of staying over??

SF

I was over earlier in the season and I flew into Luton and out of Heathrow, though I was there for the weekend.

Heathrow is ideal because it is connected to the tube system and you can get that to Fulham Broadway which is right at the ground. Ryanair don't fly into Heathrow so you can expect to pay a bit more to go here as opposed to Luton/Stanstead/Gatwick.

When we got to Luton we took easybus into the city, it stops right at the marble arch and here you can hop on to the central tube line which will take you effectively anywhere in London relatively quickly.

I would be planning on staying over for a midweek game as the latest flights seem to be around 9-10pm and you would have no hope of making them on time.

Right now, flights into Heathrow will cost you around €90 return with Aerlingus.

Flights into Luton will cost around €25-€30 but you have the added expense and bother of getting the bus/train into London city.

I was over earlier in the season and I flew into Luton and out of Heathrow, though I was there for the weekend.

Heathrow is ideal because it is connected to the tube system and you can get that to Fulham Broadway which is right at the ground. Ryanair don't fly into Heathrow so you can expect to pay a bit more to go here as opposed to Luton/Stanstead/Gatwick.

When we got to Luton we took easybus into the city, it stops right at the marble arch and here you can hop on to the central tube line which will take you effectively anywhere in London relatively quickly.

I would be planning on staying over for a midweek game as the latest flights seem to be around 9-10pm and you would have no hope of making them on time.

Right now, flights into Heathrow will cost you around €90 return with Aerlingus.

Flights into Luton will cost around €25-€30 but you have the added expense and bother of getting the bus/train into London city.

Thats the problem for Champions League games. I was hoping to over to a mid week game but its a pity theres no flights at like 1 or 2am.

Suppose you could stay in the airport till the earliest flight.

Ya I have being over a few times and the tube from Heathrow is very handy!!

I'd presume the tickets for the Qtrs will be very hard to get..especially if we get a big team in the tie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

David Luiz Punks Di Maria

Luiz has been nicknamed sideshow bob apparently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK-fnDDbbUg&feature=player_embedded

No idea how to embedd vids and pics, if anyone can share how - great!

• Advertisement

Jesus, it's been quiet in here over the weekend! :eek:

Anyway, we might not catch 'em but at least they've been slowed down, should make the rest of the season a bit more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Jesus, it's been quiet in here over the weekend! :eek:

Anyway, we might not catch 'em but at least they've been slowed down, should make the rest of the season a bit more interesting.

Totally agree, we have 2 games at hand 12 points behind and still have to play Man United, so we could be 3 points behind them in a few weeks time, never say never i say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Totally agree, we have 2 games at hand 12 points behind and still have to play Man United, so we could be 3 points behind them in a few weeks time, never say never i say!

We have it all to do, but at least United look like dropping points now and the rest of the league knows they're beatable.

I wouldn't be putting money on us but we're definitely there as big outsiders again, though I wouldn't count those 2 games in hand as a whole lot considering how easily we've dropped points ourselves this season.

I just ask for no surprises against Blackpool and a big performance against City. So 6 points please. :)

Obaraten wrote: »
    everyone get your popcorn,looks like this http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056199540&page=66

will provide some entertainment tonight

I'll be staying away from that like the plague tbh. Well, I'll try avoid posting, I may give it the odd read.

I'm tempted to post all sorts of mad predictions after the Liverpool result, but the bottom line is we have to go to Blackpool, be professional and get a result.
    Torres to score, of course, its time son, its time.

• Advertisement

Also, G'wan Wolves!

How great would it be to see 3 of the other 4 drop points in the one weekend.

Also, G'wan Wolves!

How great would it be to see 3 of the other 4 drop points in the one weekend.

True, but my dream is for Man City to miss out on CL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cracking weekend for us providing we do the job tomorrow night.

Johner wrote: »
    Cracking weekend for us providing we do the job tomorrow night.

Exactly we need a convincing performance and win most of all or the game against United will count for nothing. Rumor that Luiz is a dout for this game. Hope he makes it, really impressed with him.

Really wanna see arsenal win games and keep the pressure on utd. Don't want them running away with it!

Seen This on Twitter:

David Luiz and Luis Suarez have been Arsenal's best ever January signings. And Wenger got them for free. Genius

I take it I wasn't the only one who cursed when the Wolves goal was disallowed then?! Thanks be to jaysus they got another one after that.
    All eyes on tomorrow evening, it is an absolute must to come away with the 3 points now, heres hoping for the Blues!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

I'm tempted to post all sorts of mad predictions after the Liverpool result, but the bottom line is we have to go to Blackpool, be professional and get a result.
    Torres to score, of course, its time son, its time.
    Been a great WEEK - IF we get a convincing win tomorrow night!! C'mon The Chels!!!

Correct me If I'm wrong but if United beat Arsenal, their fa cup semi and our league game will be on the same weekend and we will play our game in hand .Of course if we win that we are only 6 points behind utd.

Doesn't look too bad then :) I don't want to curse us but I'm fairly confident of 3rd place at least!

superfrank wrote: »
    Correct me If I'm wrong but if United beat Arsenal, their fa cup semi and our league game will be on the same weekend and we will play our game in hand .Of course if we win that we are only 6 points behind utd.

Doesn't look too bad then :) I don't want to curse us but I'm fairly confident of 3rd place at least!

For me, the best that has happened this season is Roman splashing out on Torres and Luiz. That more than any cup even is such a big boost. Utd and plenty of other clubs would love to have that sort of investment.
    I really hope that we are over our dip and it certainly looks like luck is slowly returning to us re Man U game.
    We have a great manager who does have a plan B and the bottle to go with it. A great squad that is slowly getting back to fitness after some really bad injuries. Luiz has showed and Torres is slowly showing what they can bring to the team.
    Its going to be an exciting run in, and NOT the whimpering surrender I first feared.

C'MON SUPER BLUES!

Can't wait for the game tonight, I better not be behind a big pole in the away end! and I'm not talking about Polish people. :D

Rumour is the Drog starts with Torres

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8364757/Blackpool-v-Chelsea-Didier-Drogba-to-return-to-starting-line-up-as-he-fights-for-his-future-at-Stamford-Bridge.html

Fair play to you travelling there, what airport was it?
    Hope you are carrying the official "Boards IE Chelsea" banner

Johner wrote: »
    Can't wait for the game tonight, I better not be behind a big pole in the away end! and I'm not talking about Polish people. :D

Good luck with the game Johner, hope ya bring us back a bag filled with 3 points.

In fairness, we couldnt have asked for a better weekend of reuslts, Arsenal draw, Spurs draw and Man Utd lose, aprt from City's victory this could have been a perfect weekend.

As long as we win tonight and I dont care if its a 1 nil bore fest, Ill happly take 3 points right now and grinding result, main thing is too win and move on, we have a very slight chance to push ourselves back in this title race and we need to start it by winning tonight.

Taken from the Shed:

Apparently Rooney never went to training today..

He's been walking the streets of manchester looking for this Nani with the big gash.........

Without Adam and DJ Campbell I think we could give them a real beating tonight! Here's hoping!

Any news on Luis yet? We will miss his attacking prowess if he isn't available.

Luiz, Yuri, Drogs, in for Nico and Brana. Very excited about this line up. Rammy on the right, yuri on the left. Attack Attack Attack!!! 1-5!! Sorry - we could concede one!!:)

• Advertisement

No funny stuff, that's all ya can ask for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Good win, not so great performance.

Really looking forward to the Man City game now ! I still have that spare for the Matthew harding upper if anyone is interested before I offer it over on the shed !

Nando was dire tonight , Malouda when he came on just went for glory , Kalou was great but still had his moment of missing a sitter, JT was solid , Luiz was great too, Franks best game in an age .

In all im happy with 3 points but that game would of been a hell of a lot closer had Adam been on the pitch , we got lucky with him being suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Really looking forward to the Man City game now ! I still have that spare for the Matthew harding upper if anyone is interested before I offer it over on the shed !

Nando was dire tonight , Malouda when he came on just went for glory , Kalou was great but still had his moment of missing a sitter, JT was solid , Luiz was great too, Franks best game in an age .

In all im happy with 3 points but that game would of been a hell of a lot closer had Adam been on the pitch , we got lucky with him being suspended.

Completely agree with everything here!

JT motm by far. Lots of sloppiness around him. Torres looked very dejected - not getting any service. Ramieres great while he was there. Does anyone else think Drogba was not THAT badly injured?

Anyone worried about Torres's lack of pace? Essien and Lamps very good, Zhirkov very poor, and Luiz didn't look 100% fit to me

JT motm by far. Lots of sloppiness around him. Torres looked very dejected - not getting any service. Ramieres great while he was there. Does anyone else think Drogba was not THAT badly injured?

looked like a dose of the lazy bug to me.
    That performance wouldn't exactly inspire Carlo to play him ahead of Anelka again any time soon.

good to see the Cracken finally coming on, its been a while and he did well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Obaraten wrote: »
    Should Torres be dropped?
    tidy enough result tbf.
    It might be the kick up the arse he needs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement