Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

If we beat Copenhagen, I'd love a crack at Barca.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Johner wrote: »

Damn right, retribution is due

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Best chance of beating them is in a one off game , final at wembley. They be a hard nut to crack over 2 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

If funds allow it I'll head over lads!

Thought Pato did well tonight,bit of class about him.

I would definitely go but I am not a club member, not sure if getting tickets would be possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

BERBA wrote: »
    Best chance of beating them is in a one off game , final at wembley. They be a hard nut to crack over 2 games

Really? Arsenal were only 1 goal away from beating them over 2 legs, and they didn't even have a shot on goal in the second leg....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Sods law says we get Jose again!

Dont really care who we get as long as we give it a proper go

But reaching that Wembly final would be soooooo sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

I would definitely go but I am not a club member, not sure if getting tickets would be possible

Can help you out with 2 membership numbers if needed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well I'd love to play Barca and knock them out but then if we dont win it after beating Barca then I'd be less then pleased :p

I'd happly take Spurs though, its an open draw for the Quarter's I think.

Not to fond of the idea off heading to plat Shaktar away, they would be tough and more then capable of causing a problem.

Winner of R.Madrid / Lyon would be no pushovers either.

Actually, give me Schalke, I'd play them too, confident we could beat them.

lads, how do you display (Embed?) a jpeg or video?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Cole not to be charged for shooting that young lad at cobham

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Cole not to be charged for shooting that young lad at cobham
    He's a lucky boy.
    Max Clifford working his magic again

Lads, on this day, March 10th 1905, our beloved club was born in a small pub, now known as "The Butchers Hook".

http://www.thebutchershook.co.uk/

So have some cake and celebrate being 106 years young!

http://cakecentral.com//gallery/1693829

Blue is the Colour!

Lads, on this day, March 10th 1905, our beloved club was born in a small pub, now known as "The Butchers Hook".

http://www.thebutchershook.co.uk/

So have some cake and celebrate being 106 years young!

http://cakecentral.com//gallery/1693829

Blue is the Colour!
    How old were you back the Sgt? Must have been in your teens by then?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

lads, how do you display (Embed?) a jpeg or video?

thanks

Have a read through the link below, it covers both.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_how#faq_bie_faq_how_images

amiable wrote: »
    How old were you back the Sgt? Must have been in your teens by then?:D

I'm like Benjamin Button me, constantly regressing!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Speculation mounting that Arnesen will take Kalou to Hamburg with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Drogba 33 today..He's getting on :(

Soby wrote: »
    I could see him going back to France maybe in the summer.
    The pace in Italy might suit him? Milan seem to sign a few players coming towards end of their careers.
    I'm sure Chelsea fans don't want to hear it.

• Advertisement

I could see him going back to France maybe in the summer.
    The pace in Italy might suit him? Milan seem to sign a few players coming towards end of their careers.
    I'm sure Chelsea fans don't want to hear it.

Tbh, I'm kind of expecting him to leave in the summer, I have since late last year but I just think Torres signing may have sealed the deal, especially if rumors are to be believed and we are interested in young strikers like Pato and Lukaku.

He's a Chelsea legend now though, one way or the other.

Essien wrote: »
    Tbh, I'm kind of expecting him to leave in the summer, I have since late last year but I just think Torres signing may have sealed the deal, especially if rumors are to be believed and we are interested in young strikers like Pato and Lukaku.

He's a Chelsea legend now though, one way or the other.
    Lukaku looks a similar style player to Drogba and is still very young and a Chelsea fan apparently so he could be a real possibility at the bridge.

LOAN INTEREST
    Posted on: Thu 10 Mar 2011

There are no less than 14 Chelsea players currently playing their football elsewhere, the majority in the Football and Premier Leagues here in England, while we also have a trio posted at Vitesse Arnhem in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Starting in the Barclays Premier League, Daniel Sturridge finally failed to score for Bolton having netted in each of his first four outings, but contributed by supplying the cross for Ivan Klasnic's winner against Aston Villa at the weekend. Prior to that he had scored against Wolves, Tottenham, Everton and Newcastle, helping the Trotters into seventh spot in the league.

More than a month has separated Gael Kakuta's two substitute appearances for Fulham, his debut coming in a 1-0 home win over Newcastle at the start of February before playing a 15-minute cameo in the 3-2 win over Blackburn at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

Michael Mancienne continues to work towards fitness at Cobham having suffered a knee injury on Wolves duty. He has not added to his 11 appearances this season since early December.

In the Championship, Jeffrey Bruma has started three times since making his Leicester City debut from the sub's bench on February 12. The Dutch Under 21 defender has been utilised in defensive midfield in his three games by manager Sven Goran Eriksson, but missed the last game with a groin strain. It is hoped he will be fit for Saturday's match at Scunthorpe.

Also with Leicester, Patrick van Aanholt has suffered a thigh injury and is back at Cobham receiving treatment. Since his switch to the Walkers Stadium in January, the 20-year-old left-back has started six times, winning four and losing just once.

Up at Burnley, Jack Cork has passed the 150-career appearances mark while still awaiting his Chelsea debut. He has managed 36 appearances this season, including heading a late winner at Preston less than a fortnight ago, his third of the season.

The Clarets are six unbeaten in the league under new manager Eddie Howe, and are seventh in the table, with two games in hand over sixth-placed Nottingham Forest. Winning both would take them fourth.

Jacob Mellis, 20, has made a bright start to his Barnsley career, starting seven times and scoring twice from his central midfield position, including a 90th minute equaliser against Ipswich last month. The Tykes are four unbeaten following Tuesday's win against Scunthorpe, in which Mellis faced Chelsea team-mate Ben Gordon. The left-back has recovered from a hamstring tear and quickly got going with Scunthorpe, who are battling against relegation in the second tier.

Since his debut on February 12, the left-back has started eight times and completed every minute, helping them to three wins and a draw.

Daniel Philliskirk is still awaiting his debut for Sheffield United, who are entrenched in the relegation zone, one place from the bottom of the league.

In League One, Conor Clifford has added three starts and a substitute appearance at Notts County since our last update, helping them to two wins and a draw as they pull away from the drop zone, though he has completed the 90 minutes just once, in a 1-1 draw at Brentford, where he used to appear for Chelsea reserves. With games in hand on those around them, County should not struggle to stay up. He was an unused sub in Tuesday's home defeat to Peterborough.

Wrapping up the Football League contingent, goalkeeper Rhys Taylor continues at Crewe and has now played 38 times this season in all competitions.

In 34 league games, the 20-year-old goalkeeper has conceded 54, but Alex have a healthy +10 goal difference, and sit 12th in the League Two table.

Over in Holland, VItesse have gradually clawed their way up the table, and with seven games to go are practically safe after a terrible start prompted them to change manager and appoint former Chelsea man Albert Ferrer as coach.

While teenage goalkeeper Matej Delac is yet to feature, the two other Chelsea representatives have contributed well.

Serbian defender Slobodan Rajkovic has started 21 of 27 league games, suggesting his injury problems of previous seasons are well behind him, while Nemanja Matic, who will join Benfica at the end of the season, has also started 21 and made one sub appearance. They are the side's two most used outfield players.

Clifford is looking to extend his loan with Notts County, seems he has impressed there as well!

Lukaku looks a similar style player to Drogba and is still very young and a Chelsea fan apparently so he could be a real possibility at the bridge.

Absolutely, he'd be a great understudy to Didier if the 2 were ever at the club together. He looks a real talent though.

Soby wrote: »

Happy B-day Didier. :D

I feel very lucky that we have one of the world finest strikers playing for us and he will go down in Chelsea history as a true legend.

He had a tough start and people wondered why we paid so muchfor him but he has more then re-paid that transfer amount in my eyes.

I rememebr when we announced we signed him, Jose was asked what should the EPL expect from Drogba, and his quote at the time was " theat the defenders should bulk up " ever since hes been a thorn in the side to all defenders the owrld over.

Great player and when he does decide to leave he will be sorely missed by all at the Bridge.

Speaking of aged strikers, nice to see Sheva doing a job against Moneybags City last night, great goal and could have had more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSfLvAVXENY

• Advertisement

Cant wait for Sunday lads, its about time we put one over the blue half of Manchester, after their great atatcking dispaly aginst us the last time :rolleyes: cant wait to see what tactics the employ this time around.

Copenhagen to take care of first. :)

Copenhagen to take care of first. :)

:eek:

got my Sundays mixed up.

Woops :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

A nice read here on the official website about some of the favourite moments in time.

• Advertisement

United in the semis of the Youth cup, they just beat Liverpool.

Drogba eh bday cake........................ :D

scaled.php?tn=0&server=610&filename=hqgqj.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

meh, the weekend does not feel right without chelsea playing:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

First post in here in ages... Heard yiz missed me!:p

Moved into a new gaf there about a month ago, and the broadband is only getting sorted out now, so I'll be back properly soon enough.

Chelsea, Chelsea...

Carefree...

Well about frickin' time Daz!
    Only kidding, welcome back ya cheeky pup.:pac:

DazMarz wrote: »

Moved into a new gaf there about a month ago, and the broadband is only getting sorted out now, so I'll be back properly soon enough.

Chelsea, Chelsea...

Carefree...

Welcome back Daz, now get the other crazy fool back and we're right! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

DazMarz wrote: »

Chelsea, Chelsea...

Carefree...

Welcome back man.

Such a boring weekend, can't believe we're not playing 'til Wedneday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Ah crap is it wed, would have preferred tuesday.
    At least we will have a lot more to smile about in a few week's

Welcome back Daz. :)

Few returned Man City tickets on sale in the morning if anyone is planning on going.

EXTRA MANCHESTER CITY TICKETS
    Posted on: Mon 14 Mar 2011

There have been a few returned tickets for the Manchester City game at home this Sunday 20 March.

These tickets will go on sale to members at 9am tomorrow (Tuesday). The tickets are available online only.

Should any seats remain after 5pm tomorrow, season ticket holders and members will be able to purchase an extra two tickets each on Wednesday.

For your chance to receive all ticket news first, direct to your mobile, then subscribe to the Chelsea SMS Alerts service.

City couldn't sell their allocation for the game. :p

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Drogba eh bday cake........................ :D

scaled.php?tn=0&server=610&filename=hqgqj.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Last time I saw him coming out of the bridge, he was in his little mini with 3 girls. Funny moment after seeing his fellow teammates in their range rovers etc.

MUSEIST wrote: »

He should change his name to either Max Power, Trent Steel or my personal favourite, Handsome B. Wonderful.

Either or would look good on the back of a Chelsea jersey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

City couldn't sell their allocation for the game. :p

Biggest team in Manchester LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lads we mays well cash in on Essien if his father wins that court case, sure the name comes with blessings, it's why he's been a great player..

gavredking wrote: »
    He should change his name to either Max Power, Trent Steel or my personal favourite, Handsome B. Wonderful.

Either or would look good on the back of a Chelsea jersey :D

Or to simply 'the bison'. I would love to see that on the back of his jersey

But not Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, that would be just stuuupid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

What's the story with Fabio Borini?

Seems he's been class for the reserves, but still appears to be frozen out of the first team. Is he definately off to Parma at the end of the season or what?

• Advertisement

Source here
    Posted on: Mon 14 Mar 2011

The reserves recorded a stunning 7-2 home victory against Blackpool on Monday afternoon, despite being a man down for more than 80 minutes.

Daniel Pappoe's early dismissal looked like it would seriously damage the Blues' chances of a win when the away side took the lead from the penalty spot, but first-half goals from Adam Phillip and Fabio Borini, followed by an own goal gave us an unexpected but well-deserved half-time advantage.

A quickfire fourth cancelled out Blackpool's second that came just after half-time when Milan Lalkovic scored a fine individual effort, and from there Steve Holland's men were coasting, Phillip claiming a second before Billy Clifford and Todd Kane completed the scoring to make it five league games unbeaten.

Holland was able to call upon fit-again Ryan Bertrand to add experience to his back four at left-back, while Borini continued up front having notched in two of his previous three appearances. Visitors Blackpool had goalkeeper Matthew Gilks, a Premier League regular prior to injury, forward Sergei Kornilenko and young winger Matt Phillips all in their line-up.

Borini was the first player to have a sight of goal, firing hard at Gilks, before rare controversy at reserve team level.

Play was underway in the Chelsea half when the assistant flagged, signalling a penalty. Centre-back Pappoe received a red card, having clashed with forward Kornilenko, and Malaury Martin stroked home the spot kick with the minimum of fuss, Sam Walker static on his line.

Just eight minutes had passed and already Chelsea needed to alter things, Nathaniel Chalobah dropping back to cover in defence, with wingers Lalkovic and Phillip forced to drop deeper into midfield, Borini the lone front man.

Blackpool were not without their own problems though, and just 14 minutes in Gilks had to be replaced, seemingly suffering with the knee injury that has kept him out since November.

Borini crossed and Lalkovic headed tamely at replacement Elliot Tarney before Phillip converted Chelsea's equaliser on 19 minutes.

Phillip on the ball

Slack defending presented Clifford with the ball inside the Blackpool box and he intelligently squared inside, where Phillip controlled and shot low into the bottom corner with his left foot.

The feat was almost repeated within five minutes when this time Borini pulled back, but this time the former Yeovil Town loanee's drive was beaten away by Tarney, but it would not take long for the Blues to go in front.

Once again it was Borini, his fifth in four games, who would give us the advantage, latching on to Lalkovic's through ball and finishing with conviction into the far corner.

It was almost three moments later, Phillip bursting through with some fine close control, before the loose ball fell for Clifford, who beat Tarney to the ball with a lunge, but could only poke it agonisingly wide of the post. Consolation though could be found with the knowledge that Chelsea looked like scoring with every attack, whereas Blackpool were barely threatening despite their numeric advantage.

On the half-hour the third arrived, Lalkovic making a break after winning possession down the right, beating his man and sending a dangerous cross into the area. Truthfully, Borini probably wouldn't have made it to the ball before the goalkeeper, so defender Chris Basham's diving interception looked unnecessary, and more so once he had served only to send the ball past his goalkeeper and into the net.

A goal and a man down inside 10 minutes, the Blues had responded excellently and were carrying out Holland's instructions perfectly.

Another rapid break nearly brought a fourth goal, Lalkovic outpacing his marker and crossing only for Basham to this time clear efficiently and deny Borini a tap in.

The Slovakian then came close himself but saw his shot cleared off the line, and just before half-time Bertrand smashed into the side netting after Phillip had slipped him a quick free-kick.

Five minutes into the second period Blackpool halved the deficit, captain Liam Tomsett pulling back from the by-line for Kornilenko to finish, but their hopes would last only a couple of minutes.

Lalkovic, who had tormented the visitors for most of the first half, clearly fancied a goal of his own, and claimed it after cutting in from the left and working his way past a series of challenges before shooting home from the edge of the box on his weaker left foot.

Twenty minutes into the second half Chelsea were looking comfortable once more, dominating possession and looking the more likely to add to their total. Phillip was worked in by Clifford once more but was denied by a smart save, while at the other end Kornilenko sliced high.

Just after 70 minutes the lead was extended when Walker's clearance found Lalkovic on halfway. His persistence, though he lost the ball, allowed Phillip to race clear with time to pick his spot, bending calmly into the far corner beyond the exposed Tarney, who by now must have been cursing his luck.

With time ticking and legs surely tiring, Chelsea were still looking by far the more sturdy defensively, two defensive banks of four well marshalled by Tomas Kalas and Chalobah in defence, and the disciplined Kaby in midfield, whose willingness to sit deep was allowing the energetic Clifford to join attacks and help get the ball in behind Blackpool's backline.

Clifford scores

Clifford got his reward with just over 10 minutes remaining. Phillip had brought down a long ball excellently and laid inside for Borini, who drove towards Blackpool's ragged defence before spotting Clifford's run and picking him out. The 18-year-old still had plenty to do but took control, rounded Tarney and slotted home, rounding off a superb move that had started in Walker's hands.

Holland's men were not done yet though, and Clifford turned from scorer to architect, waiting and waiting inside the Blackpool half until Todd Kane had motored past him demanding the ball, timing his run to perfection to avoid offside, bringing down the lofted pass, rounding the goalkeeper and making it seven.

Blackpool seemed to have given up, defensively at least, though Kornilenko still looked a handful, and should have pulled a goal back from close range, instead turning a low cross onto the crossbar and back into play.

Phillip thought he had rolled home his hat-trick goal only for an offside flag to cancel it out, that before his impressive afternoon was brought to an end with a couple of minutes remaining, George Saville sent on in his place to join fellow substitutes Marko Mitrovic, playing his second reserve outing after serious injury, and Aziz Deen-Conteh.

So, a second straight victory, and one achieved in entertaining fashion. It had looked unlikely after Pappoe's early dismissal, but Holland will have every right to be proud of a superb team performance.

Chelsea (4-3-3): Sam Walker; Todd Kane, Tomas Kalas, Danny Pappoe, Ryan Bertrand (sub Aziz Deen-Conteh 59); Billy Clifford, Nathaniel Chalobah, Aliu Djalo; Milan Lalkovic (sub Marko Mitrovic 80), Fabio Borini (c), Adam Phillip (sub George Saville 88).

Unused subs: Jamal Blackman, Bobby Devyne.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement